COPS

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: COPS

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:Wild guess, but I bet the suspect is dead in the Wendy's...
Official statement, suspect dead and cameraman injured.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:
Hope I got some bad info, but I don't believe the camera man made it either...

Sad.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

One would have to think there is no way they would air the footage from tonight.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

guitarguy wrote:One would have to think there is no way they would air the footage from tonight.
Probably wont air on a show, but that type of thing goes national I have to think.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Before or after this type of event I have never understood why having this show in your city was a good thing.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
Hope I got some bad info, but I don't believe the camera man made it either...

Sad.
According to the news this morning, he was just injured. Hopefully he'll recover.
nativeomahan
County Board

Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by nativeomahan »

So proud...
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Louie
County Board

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by Louie »

Someone pointed out earlier on another thread, having COPS in your city is not a good thing.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

National news to follow:

'Cops' TV show staffer shot during taping of armed robbery in Omaha
LA Times wrote:In audio of the police radio call posted by @MeanStreetsOMA on Soundcloud, an officer can be heard describing a suspect in a "black hoodie and a white bandana" and additional patrol cars are dispatched to the location.

At one point a male voice reports: "We have one of the 'Cops' guys has been hit by gunfire; we need a squad here now." Another male voice urges, "We need multiple squads, two squads."

A short time later, a man says, "We've got a 'Cops' cameraman hit, white male, he's not conscious, he's slightly breathing."
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nebugeater wrote:Before or after this type of event I have never understood why having this show in your city was a good thing.
The police chief said something to the effect of wanting to show off OPD's professionalism to the country.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Bullet Hole from inside the old Ashley Lynn's hair salon. Luckily after the switch to Palm Beach tan, the Hair Salon is no longer used.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Before or after this type of event I have never understood why having this show in your city was a good thing.
The police chief said something to the effect of wanting to show off OPD's professionalism to the country.
And to improve community relations...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Update: 'Cops' TV show crewman dies after being shot during Wendy's robbery, law enforcement officials say.
Apparently the suspect only had an air gun, so the crewman was shot by 'friendly fire'.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:
Update: 'Cops' TV show crewman dies after being shot during Wendy's robbery, law enforcement officials say.
Apparently the suspect only had an air gun, so the crewman was shot by 'friendly fire'.
Damn...
Garrett
Planning Board

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by Garrett »

The COPS crew member has died... The robbery suspect had an airsoft gun, 30 shots were fired, all by the police. This just went from bad to worse.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I guess you could say that community relations improvement plan backfired.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Brad wrote:Bullet Hole from inside the old Ashley Lynn's hair salon. Luckily after the switch to Palm Beach tan, the Hair Salon is no longer used.

Luckily they only accidentally killed one person. Fire those stupid dumb cops that were spraying bullets and pay out a few million in law suits and try to move on. That's about all we can do now. What a break down in common sense.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

Were the police officers white? Was the robber black? Will Jesse Jackson and Rev. Sharpton be coming to town to tell the media about how the OPD shot and killed a black man who was just playing with his toy gun?
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

TV Boys TV Boys, whatcha gonna go, whatcha gonna do when Omaha Police shoot at you, TV Boys.

So much for good PR.
No posts exist for this topic
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

It appears that the boom operator got trapped in the vestibule at the same door the suspect used when he tried to leave. It's likely that the bullet was able to travel through an area not protected by a ballistic vest.

The suspect fired twice, so it looks like this was just a tragic situation. The officers may not have known that the boom operator was there.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Brad wrote:Bullet Hole from inside the old Ashley Lynn's hair salon. Luckily after the switch to Palm Beach tan, the Hair Salon is no longer used.

Luckily they only accidentally killed one person. Fire those stupid dumb cops that were spraying bullets and pay out a few million in law suits and try to move on. That's about all we can do now. What a break down in common sense.

I gotta say that is a great picture. I'm definitely becoming a fan of your pictures. That picture tells the story.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I gotta say that is a great picture. I'm definitely becoming a fan of your pictures. That picture tells the story.
Is that your photo Brad?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Is that your photo Brad?
No, one of my wife's former co-workers.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I watched the tribute episode for the camera man that aired tonight. It was basically a compilation of segments that he worked on. A scene from Omaha was played towards the end. I was distracted so I missed most of it.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

jessep28 wrote:I watched the tribute episode for the camera man that aired tonight. It was basically a compilation of segments that he worked on. A scene from Omaha was played towards the end. I was distracted so I missed most of it.
I just watched some of the replay of the special. They showed a few scenes from Omaha. And the ending was a few pictures of him on scene in Omaha. Glad that they were able to pay him tribute so soon.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Episodes featuring the Omaha Police Department will start airing on Saturday.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Thanks for the update...I will have to look out for those. Any idea what time its on?
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

skinzfan23 wrote:Thanks for the update...I will have to look out for those.  Any idea what time its on?
I'm assuming the date and time listed in the YouTube video title.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I just looked it up. It will be at 7pm on Spike.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha is going to be on Cops again this weekend. If you missed the last one a couple weeks ago, the full episode is on the cops website now.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like another episode will be on this Saturday. Stolen Motorcycle chased by able1.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Brad wrote:
cdub wrote:I've seen some clips from a DSM visit years ago and they didnt come off too bad at all.  Guess it all depends on what happens.  
My favorite from DSM was when the officer thought they could cross a railroad track, NOT at a crossing, in a cruiser. Needless to say the cruiser was stuck between the rails when they heard a Train Horn off in the distance!

Lucky for them, the train was on a different track!
The episode with that segment was on reruns tonight. I don't know when this interview was filmed, but I guess people on the street years later continue to recognize him as the guy on COPS who got stuck on the tracks.

If the YouTube commentator is correct, this should be the exact area he got stuck at, lol: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dean+ ... 4d39cf4423

[youtube][/youtube]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lol, still great!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like if you wanted to see the video of the "Cops" sound guy that was killed in Omaha you will be able to. The OWH requested the video using the open records law since the footage was used in court. Not sure what to think about this.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/video-s ... 2b099.html

A Douglas County district judge has refused the City of Omaha's request to bar the release of a 2014 video showing the fatal shooting of a crew member of the "Cops" TV program at a local Wendy's.

Judge Mark Ashford issued his ruling Tuesday during a hearing on a wrongful-death lawsuit. The suit was filed against the city by the brother of 38-year-old Bryce Dion, the crew member killed by Omaha police gunfire on Aug. 26, 2014.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The article was straightforward, and I didn't sense that the OWH was trying to sensationalize anything.

Some may object to the video's publication, but I'm sure people were accusing the city and Omaha Police of having something to hide by only releasing still photos which corroborated their version of events.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

The city is going to lose that law suit big time. The police chief has done a good job but in this instance he completely screwed the pooch. A couple of those cops should of been fired for walking into that Wendys and firing all those shots.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Saw it on the news last night. Pretty intense.
Jim Flowers rules!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

This is the show with the "Bad Boys! Bad Boys! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" theme....coming to Omaha?!? Is that right? (Later edit: Oh, whoops. This happened years back. This forum is quiet enough, you need to watch that...)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

This case is now being heard in court this week here in Omaha. The police chief and the city are claiming the cops were not incompetent. Yeah good luck with that one. The only way the city wins this case is if the Judge has been paid off under the table. A much better idea and more importantly the right thing to do would of been for the police chief to have fired the cops that needlessly killed that photographer and for the city to have settled out of court. It came out in court yesterday that 36 shots were fired inside that Wendy's. Those 2 cops should still be fired and they should thank the gods that they didn't kill themselves with a ricochet. Firing 36 shots in a small building like that is a suicide mission for sure.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

This was a fun thread. How come we never talk about this anymore?
Stable genius.