Television Shows

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Linkin5
County Board

Television Shows

Post by Linkin5 »

So I started watching Hel1 On Wheels on Netflix and became addicted. I figured with the train fans somebody else here would watch. It's no Breaking Bad but it's a pretty good drama.
Last edited by Linkin5 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Television Shows

Post by iamjacobm »

Linkin5 wrote:So I started walking heck On Wheels on Netflix and became addicted. I figured with the train fans somebody else here would watch. It's no Breaking Bad but it's a pretty good drama.
I watched the first three seasons and kind of let it go for a year or so. I am a sucker for westerns so it hit all the marks for me. Some creative fictional takes on history about UP and such.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I have watched this show for 5 seasons and no its not Breaking Bad but its pretty bizarre. Its a Western but it has quite a bit of stuff in it that was not touched in traditional Westerns. The show centers around Cullen Bohannon who is a worker/boss in the construction camps of the Transcontinental Railroad. Cullen is a complicated character who at times is a great guy and a hero and other times a dirty rotten S.O.B. One of Cullen Bohannon's lowest moments was when he was trying to move a Mormon farmer and his family off land in the way of the Railroad. He ends up hanging the farmers son in the front yard and screwing the farmers teen age daughter in the barn and getting her pregnant. This past Saturday night had a gay scene in it where two women kissed! The trains in this show are cool but I don't know how authentic they really look as some of them look kind of hokey. All in all this is a great show and a good candidate for some binge TV viewing if you have not been following it the past 5 years.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Sense8 on Netflix is amazing. It really shows that the Wachowskis should really just be doing TV shows instead of movies to help develop their visions.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC