Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 11:47 am

It only dawned on me a few days ago that I was hitting an eomaha posting milestone which was 12 and 1/2 years in the making- 5000 forum posts..

A bit of history, I started posting back in 2000 when I discovered the (now long long LONG gone) Omaha Chamber discussion forum. For nearly 4 years, it was a great place with great Omaha related discussion. And that's also the place I met most of you..But through lack of moderation, trolls ruined that place. Eomaha creator Jeff Huston invited me formally through an email many moons ago to hang my hat here.. And I did. Then Jeff asked me months later to help him moderate the place. And I accepted. Then he asked if I'd help him run the site as an admin.. And I accepted and performed in that capacity for a couple years. I don't think I've thanked Jeff yet. But Thanks man for your graciousness and vision. There really is no eomaha forum without you. And without you being around..

Like life, there are bumps in the road. After 2009, through burning the candle at both ends, I took a break.. A l-o-n-g break. A 2010 through 2014 break. Part of it was personal- relationship related.. But most of it was just being burned out. My Grow Omaha buddy Jeff Beals asked me to help him start up the Grow Omaha discussion site and for quite awhile, I was running both Omaha discussion sites, working full time and attempting to have a personal life (ha!).. Here, I must pause and thank Brad Williams. He was made a moderator here and on the Grow Omaha site and if it wasn't for his help and contributions, both sites would have never retained any sort of quality standards or even maintained..period. Thanks Brad..

Now today, my buddy Mark (aka Coyote) runs this place. He's taken a great vision, and made it even better. I don't know how you do it bro, but thanks man. And thanks for keeping enough trust in me to invite me back to help moderate the eomaha palace. It's a home I won't be leaving again unless you kick me out first lol..

Through quite a few beers and many months of questioning where the he!! I was..and why I wasn't posting any more..in early 2015- Mark and Brad convinced me to come back.. And I'm glad I did..

Finally, to all eomaha forum members- You make this the best discussion community I've ever been around and believe me, I've been around of a TON of them. I'm not perfect, I've ruffled a more than a few feathers I'm sure.. But sincerely- THANK YOU for putting up with me since January of 2004.. You make "The Don" very happy..

Here's to another glorious 5000 posts :mrgreen: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20805
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Coyote » Sun May 08, 2016 11:54 am

Congrats and welcome back...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.72 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Coyote wrote:Congrats and welcome back...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.72 KiB) Viewed 918 times



:banger: :banana: :banana: :clap: :thumb: ...

Now begins the next 5000.. God save the Queen :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby HR Paperstacks » Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 pm

It's nice to know the history. I was never around during the chamber days but came across this place when it was eomaha (sans "forums").

I think the topic that led me here was the West Dodge Expressway and being excited to watch that massive project come together (I've always been a infrastructure geek). Since then I've enjoyed my daily updates on everything Omaha.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:It's nice to know the history. I was never around during the chamber days but came across this place when it was eomaha (sans "forums").

I think the topic that led me here was the West Dodge Expressway and being excited to watch that massive project come together (I've always been a infrastructure geek). Since then I've enjoyed my daily updates on everything Omaha.


:thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
guy4omaha
Human Relations
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby guy4omaha » Mon May 09, 2016 9:29 am

I think I have probably read them all (or dang near all 5000). Always enjoy your contribution, perspective and spirit.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon May 09, 2016 12:15 pm

guy4omaha wrote:I think I have probably read them all (or dang near all 5000). Always enjoy your contribution, perspective and spirit.


And you know, I feel exactly the same about your postings!..

Thank you guy4omaha.. Much appreciated :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby GetUrban » Mon May 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Congrats on hitting the 5K milestone! I always enjoy your posts. You have a way of calming things down with your long-term perspective when things get heated. I've been around for almost 8 years and at my posting rate, it would take another 18 years for me to reach 5K.

I think RockHarbor was on track to catch you, but he's been conspicuously absent the last few days...

Carry on!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6149
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby nebugeater » Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Here are the top 20 posters in order of post count. Anyone can look this up
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (158.36 KiB) Viewed 831 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon May 09, 2016 6:25 pm

GetUrban wrote:Congrats on hitting the 5K milestone! I always enjoy your posts. You have a way of calming things down with your long-term perspective when things get heated. I've been around for almost 8 years and at my posting rate, it would take another 18 years for me to reach 5K.

I think RockHarbor was on track to catch you, but he's been conspicuously absent the last few days...

Carry on!


Thanks GetUrban- Much appreciated :thumb: ..

And looking at the poster list nebugeater posted, DTO Luv is still sitting at a solid #3. My sources tell me he'll be returning soon :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon May 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:My sources tell me he'll be returning soon :) ...

That would be cool. He needs to at least get another 23 posts.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 am

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:My sources tell me he'll be returning soon :) ...

That would be cool. He needs to at least get another 23 posts.


:thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
OmahaJaysCU
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1990
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby OmahaJaysCU » Tue May 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:My sources tell me he'll be returning soon :) ...

That would be cool. He needs to at least get another 23 posts.


:thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



Oh god....

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Brad » Thu May 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Here, I must pause and thank Brad Williams. He was made a moderator here and on the Grow Omaha site and if it wasn't for his help and contributions, both sites would have never retained any sort of quality standards or even maintained..period. Thanks Brad..


Thanks Lou, Its great to have you back!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Fri May 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Brad wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Here, I must pause and thank Brad Williams. He was made a moderator here and on the Grow Omaha site and if it wasn't for his help and contributions, both sites would have never retained any sort of quality standards or even maintained..period. Thanks Brad..


Thanks Lou, Its great to have you back!


You're welcome my friend.. And I'll say, even though I've been back and active on this forum for over a year now, it still feels like I just came back.. After being gone for basically 4 years previous to that, I'm still catching up on old threads I missed while I was away.. Some good entertaining and informative stuff for sure..

And again, thanks to you sir :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby iamjacobm » Wed May 18, 2016 1:59 pm

I will just pile on Cowboy's positive comments about eomaha. I just accepted my first position in the real estate development field at a local firm located downtown. I want to thank everyone that runs the site and all the posters. It is cheesy, but this forum is a huge part of what lead me to pursue a career in the development field. When I joined the site I had dropped out of UNL with no real direction in life, this site helped me to realize my passion for real estate and got me back into school in the Real Estate and Land Use Economics department at UNO. I have learned a lot over the years and greatly appreciate this resource.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1815
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Garrett » Wed May 18, 2016 2:43 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I will just pile on Cowboy's positive comments about eomaha. I just accepted my first position in the real estate development field at a local firm located downtown. I want to thank everyone that runs the site and all the posters. It is cheesy, but this forum is a huge part of what lead me to pursue a career in the development field. When I joined the site I had dropped out of UNL with no real direction in life, this site helped me to realize my passion for real estate and got me back into school in the Real Estate and Land Use Economics department at UNO. I have learned a lot over the years and greatly appreciate this resource.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:


Congrats! I'm right there with you. Entering the job market right now, hoping to find some sort of position in urban development. Scary, to say the least.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed May 18, 2016 6:59 pm

That is simply fantastic guys. I love reading things like this..

What I've learned over the years, is having passion for something, will often times motivate you to pursue a greater endeavor..

Obviously this is the case for both of you..

Well done :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20805
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Coyote » Wed May 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:What I've learned over the years, is having passion for something...


And finding a community that supports that passion... I hope this forum does the same for others...
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed May 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Coyote wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:What I've learned over the years, is having passion for something...


And finding a community that supports that passion... I hope this forum does the same for others...


I don't think there's any question about it :yes: :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby S33 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Belated congrats on the 5k.

Interesting little background tidbits about the site - I had not known any of that, and I've been around for a while (or whatever it says next to my name).

I must have joined shortly after you left, I assume.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6278
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Cowboy hits 5000 posts- And other related musings..

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:48 pm

S33 wrote:Belated congrats on the 5k.

Interesting little background tidbits about the site - I had not known any of that, and I've been around for a while (or whatever it says next to my name).

I must have joined shortly after you left, I assume.


Thanks! Much appreciated S33 :thumb: ..

Yeah, in 2008, the year you joined, I was still around in an administrative capacity.. But my posting contributions dropped off sharply and by '09, it was down to nil. Other than lurking and logging in from time to time, I was completely gone 2010-thru-2014.. The proverbial black hole of juggling a relationship, new employment etc etc..

But I've been back for nearly 18 months now and never been happier logging onto a site :) .. One of the funnest parts, is going back to threads 10 plus years old and revisiting all those old posts and discussions.. And seeing if any if our predictions have come true today, lol...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!


Return to “eOmahaForums Bar and Grill”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest