Man Dragged Off Plane in Chicago

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Man Dragged Off Plane in Chicago

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I don't never have to worry about 4 Airport Security Guys physically kicking me off a plane. None of us do. If 4 guys in Chicago walk up to me on a plane and tell me they are going to throw me off thats good enough for me. Screw them and their plane I can walk over to the car rental desk and drive myself home. Its only an 8 hour drive its not the end of the world. I think you got mental problems if you are willing to make that big of a deal out of not getting a ride on the plane. Lifes to short to get all riled up over something like that. Guess thats why that guy is going to get millions from lawsuits and all I would get is a free plane ticket or car rental back to Omaha. I would be more of the attitude that I was not going to kiss their a$$ or rassle in a plane for a lousy plane ride. The public can back this scumbag doctor all they want I dont like him! Seems the fake news has decided to really play down the fact that this Dr has been convicted for a dozen felonies and then some.
Omababe
Planning Board

Re: Man Dragged Off Plane in Chicago

Post by Omababe »

I don't have all of the details for sure, but this situation was handled very poorly.

As a semi-frequent flier, United is probably my least favorite of the major airlines to fly. Yes, they have great coverage and they usually get you there in one piece and more or less on time, but when things go wrong on United it can be a nightmare!

Their people can be arrogant as all get-out when there are delays and cancellations! "You will get there when you get there" has been their attitude. It reminds me of the old "Ma Bell" NY Telephone. Or, LOL, the rental car lady in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. {only a semi grin here}

I agree with the talking heads when they say United has a corporate culture issue.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

They work when they work, but when things get messed up, you can go from normal to complete mess in very short order. I always travel with AMEX travel's 800 number when I fly with them. I have had to get them to reserve a car for me to drive home from OHare from inside a line of 800 passengers with flights screwed up. As I was walking past the line, I noted that United had only two gate agents working this crowd. Others were leaving for the night.

Bad corporate culture is right
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

Overbooking should be considered an act of fraud. If you paid for a ticket you should have a seat on the plane.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Professor Woland wrote:Overbooking should be considered an act of fraud. If you paid for a ticket you should have a seat on the plane.
Totally agree.

Also, I'm not a Dr and don't make Dr money, so if an airline waved 800 bucks in my face, I'd call in sick and take a flight the next day...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Professor Woland wrote:Overbooking should be considered an act of fraud. If you paid for a ticket you should have a seat on the plane.

Great idea in general but there are enough people that change their flights that if it goes this way all,prices will,go up.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!