KETV Channel 7 is NOT HD

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Benmeg98
New to the Neighborhood

KETV Channel 7 is NOT HD

Post by Benmeg98 »

Can you believe that the most popular Omaha news channel is not HD? I'm watching their Husker pre Rose Bowl show this morning. It's like watching my old tube TV. I laugh when during the news they show their live still cameras and you can barely tell what your looking at so they interpret what your suppose to be seeing. How long do you think it will be before they go to HD like WOWT channel 6?
I guess most people today don't watch local news so Belo does not care about keeping up with technology or spending their money in the Omaha market. Watch out for Channel 7 employees and supporters who try to tell you KETV is HD. The fact is KETV broadcast in HD national programs but anything you watch locally is not HD. They do not use HD cameras or equipment. Watch WOWT channel 6 and you will see the difference for yourself.
I should also rant about watching Creighton (no hd) basketball games on Channel 3. Come on Omaha, we can do better than this!
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

lol, is it really THAT much of a difference? i'm sure you'll somehow manage to survive.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Nick, for those of us who have purchased one (or more) HDTVs, it is a big deal.

Of course I thought that channel 6's HD stood for House of Dunces.
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

This drives me crazy and is one of the the reasons I watch WOWT. Their graphics and studio look awesome in HD!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

First World problems?
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Collin wrote:This drives me crazy and is one of the the reasons I watch WOWT. Their graphics and studio look awesome in HD!
That's fine, if only their news product could be less inane and vacuous. :(
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Omababe wrote:That's fine, if only their news product could be less inane and vacuous. :(
But they do rook mahvelous!

Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

"LOL" said no one under 35 ever.  :;):
Stable genius.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Big E wrote:"LOL" said no one under 35 ever.  :;):
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Re: KETV Channel 7 is NOT HD

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Benmeg98 wrote:Watch out for Channel 7 employees and supporters who try to tell you KETV is HD. The fact is KETV broadcast in HD national programs but anything you watch locally is not HD.
Who exactly would be doing this?  KETV certainly doesn't, and nearly anyone who watches it can tell the difference in picture quality....
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Benmeg98 wrote:I should also rant about watching Creighton (no hd) basketball games on Channel 3. Come on Omaha, we can do better than this!
I don't normally watch the Briejay games, but last weekend, they preempted the Nebraska women's game to show Creighton instead.  They bumped the Nebraska game to their SD digital subchannel, and even in SD, the CBS broadcast was better than the KMTV production.  Not sure how they manage that; I didn't think they manufactured VHS camcorders anymore.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

HskrFanMike wrote:
Benmeg98 wrote:I should also rant about watching Creighton (no hd) basketball games on Channel 3. Come on Omaha, we can do better than this!
I don't normally watch the Briejay games, but last weekend, they preempted the Nebraska women's game to show Creighton instead.  They bumped the Nebraska game to their SD digital subchannel, and even in SD, the CBS broadcast was better than the KMTV production.  Not sure how they manage that; I didn't think they manufactured VHS camcorders anymore.
I agree.  DOn't know how it can be as bad of a picture as it is.  Perfect picture for radio.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Not sure what they do.  It's some outfit out of KC that does it.

I will tell you, the size of the Production truck is directly related to the quality of the broadcast.  NET's HD Truck is Massive compared to the company channel 3 uses.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I have had Web video streamed to the same TV that looks 10 times better.

Brad wrote:Not sure what they do.  It's some outfit out of KC that does it.

I will tell you, the size of the Production truck is directly related to the quality of the broadcast.  NET's HD Truck is Massive compared to the company channel 3 uses.