Extremely loud blasts in NW Omaha, Deerwood, Saturday night

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

citydweller
New to the Neighborhood

Extremely loud blasts in NW Omaha, Deerwood, Saturday night

Post by citydweller »

Who heard the extremely loud blasts in Northwest Omaha, Deerwood subdivision, Saturday night 1.19.13 between 9 and 10 PM ?  Does anyone know the source?  There were two of them, close together.  I had the sense that the whole house shook (or else I was so startled that I jumped.)  A smaller one occurred during the next day, also.  

First thought was a gas explosion; second thought was a huge amount of leftover fireworks going off all at once.  A few normal sound level fireworks went off later but sounded farther away.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: Extremely loud blasts in NW Omaha, Deerwood, Saturday ni

Post by bbinks »

citydweller wrote:Who heard the extremely loud blasts in Northwest Omaha, Deerwood subdivision, Saturday night 1.19.13 between 9 and 10 PM ?  Does anyone know the source?  There were two of them, close together.  I had the sense that the whole house shook (or else I was so startled that I jumped.)  A smaller one occurred during the next day, also.  

First thought was a gas explosion; second thought was a huge amount of leftover fireworks going off all at once.  A few normal sound level fireworks went off later but sounded farther away.
There were more than that.   Some [expletive] in the neighborhood likes to celebrate the Fourth of July at random times throughout the year.  Started around 3:45 PM.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

Could that have been the propane tanks blowing I the house under construction that was in the news?
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

lisanstan wrote:Could that have been the propane tanks blowing I the house under construction that was in the news?
No, that fire was on Monday the 21st.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum