Paul McCartney @ QCO (10/30/05)

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Paul McCartney @ QCO (10/30/05)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

According to TicketExpress.com, Paul McCartney is slated to play an end stage concert at Qwest Center Omaha on Sunday 10/30/05..

Because this has not been officially announced, I place this in the rumors section..Although it looks like the REAL DEAL..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Go Omaha! Now get Elton John to come back. :)
DTO
MrTwister
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MrTwister »

McCartney has long been rumoured to be the opening act for the Wells Fargo Arena at about the same time so it would make sense. Hit DM one night than Omaha the next. Both should be sell outs in minutes. Of course no one associated with WFA is confirming this but it is listed on Paul McCartney's fall tour schedule.
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

Sweet....hopefully if this pans out there will be enough people that already forked out for U2 to allow me to score tickets to this one. This one will probably sell out at least as fast as U2.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I don't know about the validity of a Des Moines, Ia concert..But the McCartney date for Omaha looks to be a done deal..

I have a friend who went through Ticketmaster and forked out $265 for 1 U2 ticket for the Omaha concert..FYI..(Interesting as U2 sold out in 30 minutes)..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I saw on tv today the Rolling Stones were touring but it sounded like a stadium tour. Can you say Rosenblatt. :)
DTO
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
I have a friend who went through Ticketmaster and forked out $265 for 1 U2 ticket for the Omaha concert..FYI..(Interesting as U2 sold out in 30 minutes)..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Did they fork over that amount via Ticketmaster or with TicketExpress. I did not know that the face value was that high for any of the U2 tickets and if that was a Scalper price then it might have been TicketExpress.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

He told me Ticketmaster..And he did indicate if you buy at TicketExpress, you usually get gouged on the price so he knows the difference between the 2..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

Rosenblatt? Hmm....that'd be sweet but I honestly don't see the Stones playing there - too small. I'm old enough to remember the last really major concert at Rosenblatt which was The Police back in 82. It was on the Ghost in the Machine tour. Some idiot threw a bottle and hit Stewart Copeland in the head thereby cutting the concert short by at least 45 minutes and making them swear they would never play Omaha again. Way to go dude! :x Anyway, Lincoln needs to get with the likes of Iowa State and start getting some shows down there in Memorial during the off weeks. Seriously, Ames gets all the bigest gigs in their stadium (Stones, McCartney, Pink Floyd, etc). The only thing I think Memorial Stadium ever put on was a Farmaid show back in the 80's and it was like an act of Congress to get the administration to go for it. It was like "Oh no!, they're going to hurt our precious playing field..blah, blah, blah". Honestly, I don't think it hurts it that much. You put some plywood and a cover over the turf and then set up on top of that. I don't know. I think it more or less goes back to the conservative nature of this state that we're not seeing shows like that down there. Too bad, its a loss of some nice revenue. You never know though, maybe by some stroke of outrageous luck we could see the Stones at the Qwest in the future. Athough, I've also heard from various sources that back when the Stones played the Civic in the 60's they had some kind of bad experience here too with the local law. Supposedly they were like practicaly run out town on a rail and Mick vowed they would never play here again. But you never know, it was so long ago theres probably a good chance hes forgotten. I know they have been known to include some arena dates on their tours so keep your fingers crossed.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I think part of the reason there are not concerts is that there is no good truck access into Memorial stadium in Lincoln. I have had talks with some people that are pretty close to the situation a few years back and that was what was talked about. For a stadium show there is a need for good truck access for setup and tear down. That is available at I St and most NFL stadium but not in Lincoln. Much has to do with it beingbuilt in stages and never getting taken into account.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

An interesting story on what it takes to put on a Paul McCartney show in your city..Plus a confirmation the McCartney will have a fall tour that begins in Miami in Mid-September and ends in Los Angeles in late Novemeber..Consistent with the tour date of October 30th at Qwest Center Omaha released by TicketExpress.com..

From the article:

'Getting the concert venue set up for a Paul McCartney concert is a major undertaking. Bill said that in Paul's last US concert tour, 12 semi trucks were used to transport the stage and all the equipment and props for the concert.' :shock: ..

Here is the link:

http://www.whatgoeson.com/story.20050412.html

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

If I won the lottery I think I would try being a tour photographer for a band for a while. Wouldn't have to be an uber-act like Paul McCartney or U2 - I think a local/regional act would be more fun.
MrTwister
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MrTwister »

Paul McCartney is indeed coming to Des Moines on October 27th. Followed by Omaha on the 30th. Both cities he has never played in before as part of the Beatles, Wings, or Solo. (although he did play Ames)

Noticeably absent St.Louis and Kansas City.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

It's now official..Paul McCartney to play Omaha/Des Moines..

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I't's now official..

Paul McCartney will play at Qwest Center Omaha on Sunday 10/30/05..He will also play at the new Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA on Thursday 10/27/05..Curiously no St Louis or Kansas City, MO concert dates are scheduled..

The tour dates from pollstar.com:

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall. ... ULMC&Key=Y

Great for both Omaha and Des Moines :D ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I might try to make this one.
DTO
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Yep..Me too..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

:D Thats awesome! The date isn't on the ticketmaster site yet but it looks they'll be going in the $75 - $195 range.
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

Noticeably absent St.Louis and Kansas City

If you build it, they will come.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

This is great news. He was fantastic at the Super Bowl performance this last year. By far better than anything recently.
nebrwesleyan
Home Owners Association

Post by nebrwesleyan »

Well, tickets sold out in 14 minutes, a record for the Q. I had my mom in line in Omaha, my fiance online, my dad online, and me on the phone and in line in Lincoln.....the only one to get tickets......my fiance and she only got two over the computer!! She only got two. I feel real lucky today. How about the rest of you..how did you all fair?
nebrwesleyan
Home Owners Association

Post by nebrwesleyan »

Well, tickets sold out in 14 minutes, a record for the Q. I had my mom in line in Omaha, my fiance online, my dad online, and me on the phone and in line in Lincoln.....the only one to get tickets......my fiance and she only got two over the computer!! She only got two. I feel real lucky today. How about the rest of you..how did you all fair?
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I didn't try. I don't think I even really want to go to the show. On my way home from work today there were about 30 people lined up in front of the Qwest at about 740.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I wonder if he will add a second show? It would obviously sell out as well.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

From wowt.com
Omaha's Qwest Center was blitzed by ticket-hungry Paul McCartney fans Monday morning. The show sold out in 14 minutes.

Tickets for the Omaha stop of the "US" tour on October 30th vanished in a flash.

This will be the first time McCartney has ever played Omaha.

The first person to buy tickets at the Qwest box office was a woman who got second row seats.
The story on the 10pm wowt news is saying how people are upset that the QCO heald back 4,000 for the fan clubs and how Ticket Express and other scalpers are buying large blocks of tickets and selling them on Ebay.
DMRyan
Human Relations

Post by DMRyan »

There's no limit on how many tickets a person could buy?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There was a limit of 8.

Right now on ebay there are 2 tickets for $650.00 and 4 tickets for $1425.00
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »