Hillary visit

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Hillary visit

Post by bigredmed »

Trying not to contaminate the one online space that isn't yet polluted with politics. Was anyone on this board actually at the recent Hillary visit? How many people were in the gym? Seems like there are two very different pictures floating around. One zoom and one wide angle and with distinctly different crowd estimates. Not interested in a debate, just an accurate number. Thanks.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Re: Hillary visit

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Not my photo, but looks pretty full to me.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

With her visit, there were a lot of national news articles talking about Omaha due to the fact that our state awards electoral votes by district and we could possibly do it again. It's probably unlikely but it puts us in the spotlight.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

HR Paperstacks wrote:With her visit, there were a lot of national news articles talking about Omaha due to the fact that our state awards electoral votes by district and we could possibly do it again. It's probably unlikely but it puts us in the spotlight.
And if District 2 has the highest turnout rate among eligible voters she will come back and dance in the Streets of Zomaha with Warren, who she wants to wear his Elvis costume...
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Thank you.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

HR Paperstacks wrote:With her visit, there were a lot of national news articles talking about Omaha due to the fact that our state awards electoral votes by district and we could possibly do it again. It's probably unlikely but it puts us in the spotlight.
It will be more difficult for it to happen now, with the 2nd district boundaries redrawn in 2011 to exclude Bellevue/Offutt and include West Sarpy, which is more Republican. But who knows, if Trump's recent implosion continues, maybe so. But by then more winner-take-all states might go blue too, making the 2nd district single electoral vote more irrelevant. It will be interesting to see if a huge voter turn-out could tip it back to blue like 2008.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

GetUrban wrote:It will be interesting to see if a huge voter turn-out could tip it back to blue like 2008.
With Warren driving the bus (almost literally here) it's possible! It will take a huge boost in turnout in the deep blue areas, but it could happen.

I always tell those who are pushing for a winner-take-all system here to be careful what they ask for. As of this very minute, 2nd. District is the only purple one, but if the 'Pubs continue to implode, who knows about the 1st.? Under a winner-take-all scenario, if the 1st. would flip with the 2nd., the whole state goes blue! Not likely, I do admit, but possible. :)
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Im sure that the $100k a person fundraiser after the rally was the primary reason she visited. Without Warren, I doubt that Clinton would have even entertained the idea of coming to Omaha.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:Im sure that the $100k a person fundraiser after the rally was the primary reason she visited. Without Warren, I doubt that Clinton would have even entertained the idea of coming to Omaha.

You are absolutely right. I think its Buffets daughter that is high on Hillary and in charge of funneling his cash to her. As a lifelong fan of Warrens I can't help but think he is slipping a bit and we would of never seen the old Warren standing up making a stupid speech like that for some old political hack like Clinton. Standing up there talking about Ollie the Trollie and all that nonsense sure don't look like the Buffet we used to know.