Election Day

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Election Day

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Went to the church up the street today to see about getting that wall built. I did not think there would be big lines today but just in case I went about 10 minutes after 8AM. I pulled into the parking lot and it was overflowing with cars already. I got inside and there were 2 lines, one line for people with last names A-K and another line with L-Z. First thing I noticed was my line (A-Z) had 50 people in it and the L-Z line had nobody in it. It became quite obvious that the senile old lady running my line was the problem! I'm not lucky did I say that yet? If I had been in the L-Z line I would of been in and out but because of that old lady running my line I had to wait in line about half an hour. After the hatchet job the liberal media has done on Trump he is surely doomed. The sheeple and their simpleton minds are powerless against the constant brainwashing by the media and millions and millions of dollars of attack ads. I love how Hillary has repeated the saying "When they go low we go high." What a total lie crooked Hillary is spewing there. Never ever in the history of my 50 some years of living have I seen even 1/10 of the negative attack ads that the Clintons have laid on the public. In my honest opinion there was never ever going to be anyway that Trump would have a fair chance if he was not going to reach into his wallet and buy a billion dollars worth of TV ads.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Re: Election Day

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I went to my polling place about 8:20 this morning polls opened in NE at 8. There were about 50 people in line in front of me. I voted and was on my way in maybe 25 minutes. The line was half as long on my way out.
mattl181
Home Owners Association

Post by mattl181 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:After the hatchet job the liberal media has done on Trump he is surely doomed. The sheeple and their simpleton minds are powerless against the constant brainwashing by the media and millions and millions of dollars of attack ads. I love how Hillary has repeated the saying "When they go low we go high." What a total lie crooked Hillary is spewing there. Never ever in the history of my 50 some years of living have I seen even 1/10 of the negative attack ads that the Clintons have laid on the public.
Are we talking about the "negative attack ads" that literally just use Donald Trump's exact words? :lol:
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

mattl181 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:After the hatchet job the liberal media has done on Trump he is surely doomed. The sheeple and their simpleton minds are powerless against the constant brainwashing by the media and millions and millions of dollars of attack ads. I love how Hillary has repeated the saying "When they go low we go high." What a total lie crooked Hillary is spewing there. Never ever in the history of my 50 some years of living have I seen even 1/10 of the negative attack ads that the Clintons have laid on the public.
Are we talking about the "negative attack ads" that literally just use Donald Trump's exact words? :lol:
How dare they use his own words to attack him!

I love how the Trump supporters keep resorting to conspiracies and lies.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
mattl181 wrote:
How dare they use his own words to attack him!

I love how the Trump supporters keep resorting to conspiracies and lies.
Exactly!

Trump actually benefited immensely from the 24/7/365 free coverage he got. Saved him, GOP, and his superpacs tons of dough. Must have been part of his strategy to be as controversial as possible. I've never seen a candidate survive so much that would've sunk anyone else. It used to be one affair was all it took...ie Gary Hart.

Anyway, the polls in my NE precinct were packed this morning at 8:00. It might be a long night.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Took me about 30 mins at 8 this morning. A-K was way faster than L-Z. Glad I got it done, after work could be a zoo.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Took me longer to walk from my car to the polling place than it did to get my ballot and vote. :D
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I was really surprised about the number I was hearing at the polls. I voted early.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

According to the World Herald: a record number (831,000) people voted in Nebraska.