buildomaha wrote:daveoma wrote:buildomaha wrote:Dang it guys I was trying to stay out of political stuff for a while! All I have to say is that women haven't lost any rights since the election or inauguration. Donald Trump can not, would not, and will not be allowed to do anything to persecute or oppress women even if he wanted to. This fear of OUR PRESIDENT has been falsely created by the left and their media pundits. Their tactics have been to scare this country--not into voting for their party's candidate--but to NOT vote for the other candidate. I know someone is going to mention "That is exactly what Trump did this election," but let's be honest. Hillary as our president is pretty scary when you think about how much danger she's put our country in already. Don't forget about the fact that the Clinton Global Initiative is shutting its doors almost instantly as the world found out she wouldn't have the secrets or power to sell to them... All in all, yes Trump has made some bone headed comments, but that is part of the reason he had his support. Yes he let some pretty dumb things slip out of his mouth, but at least they were his thoughts and not those of a teleprompter. The working class Americans are tired of the political correctness that is used by the left to label (as many of you on this forum have blindly followed the example of your liberal overlords) as xenophobic, homophobic, misogynist, racist, bigot, etc. So they did something about it, and the left only has itself to blame for it. They also had a pretty terrible candidate, but they rigged their own convention to choose her Ah well I guess I will never understand the backward thinking of liberals.
I read no empathy in your post for the sincere fear of the vulnerable communities which were scapegoated during the election. I recommend you gain some perspective by experiencing the following:
1. Speak with or read a story about a journalist who was imprisoned for reporting the facts that embarrassed their government
2. Befriend a Muslim refugee and ask them about their religious obligations to give part of their salary to charities in their communities
3. Get your genitals grabbed without your permission by a dude so physically powerful that you're unable to fight back. Then you'll know what it's like to be p***y grabbed and understand a little bit more about misogyny.
4. Ask a working class white person how giving tax breaks to millionaires will help their children go to college
5. Ask a farmer how ignoring the dangers of global warming will affect their land.
6. Befriend 5 black Omahans from north Omaha and ask them to explain their feelings about crime, poverty, and the police.
7. Befriend 3 immigrants from Mexico and ask them why they're here.
8. Ask an indigenous Nebraskan about why the water protectors are so important.
You don't have to agree with us and please continue to criticize the political left--there's PLENTY to criticize. But please for your own good and for the future of this country please get some f****ng perspective; lest your arrogance cause you to see the world with blind eyes.
1. I haven't heard about this but I do not support any censorship and I support free speech under any circumstances. The left has done plenty to hinder free speech from not identifying radical Islamic terrorism to the accusers of the Clinton affairs disappearing...
2. Nobody has made any case about muslims themselves. It's the radical sharia law and its followers that cannot be given access to this country. If the American people are too ignorant to realize that when ISIS wrote out in words their plans to infiltrate the refugee population and attack our country when they've built up a large enough force, then we have a pretty big problem. It has nothing to do with the religion, it's the interpretation. The Bible contradicts itself on almost everything stated, the reason Christianity doesn't have these issues is because there aren't radical churches interpreting the word of god as crusades anymore. Muslims in our country have not been targeted by the president. Jihadists have. I don't see any issue with trying to stop people who hate, and want to kill us, from doing so.
3. I'm not defending Trump's private conversation 11 years ago... But it was a private conversation 11 years ago. It's not misogyny and misogyny is almost as nonexistent as racism in this country. Having a president and media who have separated us by gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation has only fueled the fire for these "Civil Rights" movements. The issues are almost nonexistent and the fear and divisiveness created by the left has left the people of this country at each other's throats.
4. Ask the working white class why they elected this president... Redistribution of wealth has never worked, and never will. It's the basis of communism. Also, the top 20% of highest paid people in this country pay over 80% of the federal taxes in this country.
5. We can not stop global warming when countries like China are doing nothing about their emissions. The president wants to create jobs and money for our country by using our natural resources.
6. Ok this is a perfect example of the ignorant left yet again. The dems have had control of the cities (for 50+ years in some cases) where black crime, poverty, and unemployment is through the roof. They have manipulated the black population into voting for them while they are ignored. Donald Trump was the only candidate this election who had any mention of the problems in the inner cities. He was the candidate with the plan for choice of education. He could have potentially gotten the black vote had it not been for the biased media. This is quite possibly your most invalid point in your reply. Trump is not racist, he has not said or done anything to oppress African Americans. What he has done is come up with a plan to help them. Oh and the black population has a smaller percentage of unarmed citizens shot by police than white people. Not backing our police is part of the reason why black on black crime has skyrocketed under Obama and the democratic mayors.
7. Trump will not do anything to harm latinos, unless they are criminals. Building a wall to prevent people from coming here without documentation is not racist. The man just wants to keep our country safe, and out of harms way of drugs. I don't think this is an issue?! The Mexican population has every right to come here LEGALLY. If you are from European or Asian descent, your ancestors most like came through Ellis island or San Fran in the west. The Mexican people in poverty has the obligation to do the same and come into our country legally. We are a country built on immigrants and without them we will not stay a growing economy. But without knowing who is in our country our cities will be out of money and violent crime increases tremendously.
8. As I said before, the man just wants to use our natural resources so we don't fall behind and reply on other people for our essential supplies.
SO, all of the things the left like to through out ( racist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobe, etc) just don't apply. Sorry but just because he loves our country and wants to put our people before someone across the world is not an issue under and circumstance.
OK, I get it. Based on your posts, I can infer that you're still pretty young, around 14 or 15, that you're white, and that you're a guy. A lot of your political opinions are totally from your parents and the media they expose you to. However, there are several blatant "alternative facts" that you are espousing that are easily proven false.
First, the not using the phrase "Radical Islamic Terror" was a decision made in the Bush administration because they found that it was a phrase terrorists could use to their advantage to make people believe that the US was at war with Islam. This policy was continued under the Obama administration. I'm not even going to address the Clinton Conspiracies because they are just that, conspiracies. Not even Fox News reports on them, only blogs run by teenagers in Macedonia. As for the censoring of Free Speech, the Trump has, in the past, called for censoring of the media and the internet, some of the strongest venues of free speech we have.
Second, China is equally committed to addressing climate change just as the Obama administration was, which is why they joined with almost every single one of the world's countries to sign the Paris Agreement to fight climate change, and why they still remain committed to it even with Trump likely making moves to ignore common scientific agreement.
And third, racism, homophobia and sexism still exist in vast amounts in this country, including in our legal system. For example, despite using drugs at almost identical rates, black people are arrested at almost 4 time the rate and sentenced to longer sentences. And Trump himself was sued for housing discrimination against black people in the 1980's. Prejudice is still a monster that needs to be addressed, and ignoring it will not work.