Berkshire , Amazon and JP Morgan Healthcare

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Berkshire , Amazon and JP Morgan Healthcare

Post by OmahaFan »

This could be big news for Omaha if this deal goes through. Warren buffet , Amazon and JP Morgan will be looking into the Health Insurance business and creating a new company. The kicker is where to HQ this new company. I think Omaha is strong here since we have some pretty well known Insurance companies here. Mutual of Omaha being one and Travlers!
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Re: Berkshire , Amazon and JP Morgan Healthcare

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Those companies are big alright, but they ain't even near big enough to take on the greedy doctors, dentists, hospitals and drug companies. I guarantee it!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:Those companies are big alright, but they ain't even near big enough to take on the greedy doctors, dentists, hospitals and drug companies. I guarantee it!
But, they could start the right conversations.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

Berkshire does own several insurance companies, so it's not a stretch for Buffett's involvement
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:Those companies are big alright, but they ain't even near big enough to take on the greedy doctors, dentists, hospitals and drug companies. I guarantee it!
Greedy doctors? No raises for decades at a time. Everyone dumping jobs they don't want to do onto us. Student loan debt that is staggering. Ever wonder why annually we lose 450 doctors (3 med school classes) just to suicide?

Berkshire has built their insurance stack into a money pump that gives their super cat and catastrophic companies a permanent market advantage. Quietly under the noses of their competitors and regulators. I suspect they will develop a set of products that will be Obamacare compliant and likely use cost controls to optimize bang for buck for their insured's copays rendering them a "change policies and lose X" enduring market advantage.
TLGJames
Home Owners Association

Post by TLGJames »

It seems like realistically, they would have to control all aspects of the healthcare community. Either have their own network of doctors with their special rates possibly at shared facilities, and then have a generic medication group to keep medication costs low.