New Omaha Skyline Photos

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

New Omaha Skyline Photos

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Great pics as always Aaron!
Here is a another new perspective:

Couldn't get the pond with the Woodman.
They should have thought of that before they landscaped!
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Whoah! Awesome catch, Coyote. You need to start posting your photos on skyscraperpage.com....unless you already do. Great stuff.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Neat shot! I'll have to grab a night shot tonight from the same angle- it looks spectacular. Seems you caught part of my workplace on the far left there!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

So tuna... are you a transfer from Lincoln? perhaps a new hire? or was there a Gallup presence in Omaha prior to their relocating here? (I also know there is/was an office in Old Mill North... are there any plans to relocate them downtown that you are aware of?)
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Yeah, I'm a transfer from Lincoln. The Old Mill office, which is just an interviewing center (call center), will most likely not move downtown simply because most of the employees don't live downtown. However I haven't heard any plans for relocation in the near future. Also, to answer your other question, the Old Mill office was the only presence Gallup had in Omaha before the new campus. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer if I can.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Tuna, do you still live in Lincoln and commute? Or did you move to Omaha, and if so, what area of the city are you in?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A few evening shots of Omaha:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And from this morning:

DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I have that same pic of the view from Miller's Landing. I think they should put that view on postcards instead of the one from the 10th St bridge. That leaves out many buildings and makes the skyline to condensed. The view from the Landing is my favorite since it goes all the way to midtown and includes St. Cecilia's towers.
DTO
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Tuna, do you still live in Lincoln and commute? Or did you move to Omaha, and if so, what area of the city are you in?
I moved to Omaha in January of 2003, right across the street from the Chalco rec area.