Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Cell Phone Towers

Post by Brad »

Cell Phone Towers

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/1938937.html
Another debate over cell phone towers has been presented to the Omaha City Council as U.S. Cellular wants to put towers in the city's older neighborhoods.
Jensen says the company could place towers on existing buildings or build a series of smaller towers. But the cell phone company wants to stay with a single tower site.
I hate when they put cell towers on buildings and water towers, it looks like heck and clutters them all up.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Re: Cell Phone Towers

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Brad wrote:I hate when they put cell towers on buildings and water towers, it looks like heck and clutters them all up.
If pressured enough the cell phone companies can put up towers that really do blend in with their surroundings. I used to work for Sprint and they have some towers that you wouldn't be able to tell what they were just by looking at them.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There is a cell tower at 96 and Pacific that looks like a tree. Its a good attempt, but you can still pick it out. Its in a row of pine trees, except is is a different color than the rest.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

Westside High School has a big Sprint Tower, and gets a stipend for having it on property. Couldn't any other high schools benefit from the income by placing a tower on their property?
zedmib
Home Owners Association

Post by zedmib »

I wonder how much the stipend is that the school gets. If my neighbors wouldn't mind I have part of my lot that a cell company could use for the right price! It's on a hill at 48th and Bancroft. :lol:
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall! :mrgreen:
Zed
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

zedmib wrote:I wonder how much the stipend is that the school gets. If my neighbors wouldn't mind I have part of my lot that a cell company could use for the right price! It's on a hill at 48th and Bancroft. :lol:
I heard at one point that it was $5k annually, but I'm sure that's changed.
MTO
City Council

Re: Cell Phone Towers

Post by MTO »

There's a news tree up in the market.

15-17, 26, 32