Terror-Free Oil...

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

papiostud
Home Owners Association

Terror-Free Oil...

Post by papiostud »

The first Terror Free oil gas station in the country is opening up here on 132nd Q and it actually made CNN news w/ Brandi Peterson from KETV.  

Not sure how to post the video link on here since its a pop-up.   Check it out tho on cnn.com
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Its been on several local news broadcasts lately.  Its oil drilled right here in the United States not off shore.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I guess its not US oil like the other story I read made it sound, its Oil that comes from countries that do not support terrorism.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

The whole concept of this just underscores how stupid Americans are about their gas usage decisions.  But I won't go in to that here.  ;)

Kudos to CNN.com for picking up a local broadcast without turning it into a "look at the wackadoos in the red state" commentary.

Who knows...  maybe this will make people reflect on their 11 MPG pecker-mobiles.

Oops... I went in to it.  :)

-Big E
Stable genius.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Haha, I agree, Big E.

I've noticed Nebraska getting a lot of "spin-free" national press in the past couple days.  Nebraska was listed along side New York and Europe as being states/regions where Pfizer was reducing operations (not good news), and then there's Senator Nelson's support of a bill opposing the Presidents strategy as well as Senator Hagel's continued outspoken opposition to the Bush White House.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
unlkid
New to the Neighborhood

Post by unlkid »

what's the difference?  even if they are buying from American drilling companies, it's still going into the pipelines and mixing with oil from other companies before it is taken out to be refined.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Where can I buy some 'terror free' macaroni and cheese..Or a 'terror free' chicken sandwich?..

Perhaps a 'terror free' automobile??..

Just wondering..As I ponder 'terror free' oil..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

I would think people here would support this.  If we could get everyone on board with this, we could stop the money flowing into the Middle East.  This would also cause prices to go up some (as we would lessen our supply pool), thereby making it more cost effective to pursue alternative sources for fuel.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

C'mon man..Oil is a free market commodity..Does anyone really believe there is such a thing as "terror free" oil..

Really?..

Just food for thought..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
OmahaBen
Human Relations

Post by OmahaBen »

unlkid wrote:what's the difference?  even if they are buying from American drilling companies, it's still going into the pipelines and mixing with oil from other companies before it is taken out to be refined.
Exactly. It's not like the oil has its own special refinery where it never mixes with other crude oil.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I'm not opposed to the idea of snubbing OPEC (which is essentially a cartel), but I would have much rather seen some more E85 gas stations, or a station that sells that bio-diesel that Willy Nelson makes.

To me, this is just the same thing as buying a car magnet that says "Support Our Troops" and pretending that the magnet in some way ACTUALLY DOES support the troops. A do-nothing, feel good solution to a serious problem.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

You know, when I was very young, I believed in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus..

And they didn't turn out to be real either..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Sorry to dig this up from the dead, but apparently the former owners or whoever are still driving cars with "Terror Free Oil" vinyl decals on the side years after the station closed. I saw one on Center earlier this afternoon. I wonder if they still have that box van that was always parked outside the station with pictures of Osama and the Twin Towers burning?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Ha funny wonder if its the old neighbors next to my parents place. A few of them had stakes with that company.