Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby GetUrban » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:01 pm

I agree. They did say it was under 500 ft. elevation. That view would put the slice at about 10-15' away. Mystery solved!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1722
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Garrett wrote:The Daily Show was in town doing a segment about the Tri-Faith Intiative. It will air sometime soon.

http://m.omaha.com/go/tv/daily-show-segment-on-omaha-s-tri-faith-initiative-to/article_a4611d45-9fac-53fb-9c5e-b771c5020128.html?mode=jqm


Air's tonight:

'Daily Show' segment on Omaha's Tri-Faith Initiative will now air tonight
Micah Mertes / World-Herald staff writer wrote:A “Daily Show With Trevor Noah” segment about the Tri-Faith Initiative that was originally scheduled to run last month will now run on tonight’s show, a representative for the Tri-Faith Initiative told The World Herald.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:40 am

I was expecting something a little more exciting than that and a little more exposure of Omaha. Oh well. They did show a nice aerial view of downtown.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby choke » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:10 pm


User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm


debradomayer
Home Owners Association
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby debradomayer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:25 pm

And must not forget the national attention that #OPDSquirrel got on Buzzfeed with her untimely death! Chalk outline and all!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20817
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Coyote » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:49 pm

These 2 Omaha neighborhoods have some of the coolest bars and restaurants in America

Blackstone and Benson getting some love in Yahoo Finance.
Image

nativeomahan
Planning Board
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby nativeomahan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:52 am

That's a nice little article reflecting that Omaha is growing up, figuratively if not literally. It's always nice to see a city returning to its roots.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Agreed, and I think the restaurants are pretty much spot on. I really liked that they mentioned Blue, Hiro, the grey plume, and the boiler room.

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 am

The 9 Best Cities for Singer-Songwriters

1. Omaha, Nebraska
The largest city in the Cornhusker State, Omaha has a modest population just over 400,000, and while it may be surprising to some that a city in Nebraska made this list, Omaha actually has a Wikipedia page dedicated solely to its music scene. Never underestimate the Midwest!
Home to the indie label Saddle Creek Records, whose roster includes artists like Bright Eyes, Cursive, The Faint, and others, Omaha is a hub for indie music, a genre in which guitar-strumming (not to exclude those with a penchant for electronic instrumentation) singer-songwriters thrive. Notable venues in the area include the Sokol Auditorium, The Waiting Room, and many, many others.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Sun May 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Omaha has been all over the national news today about that girls noggin getting crowned on that Kings Crown ride down at Stinko de Mayo in South Omaha. I used to know a guy who had been a carnie who told a good story. The carnival was in some little town up in Nebraska and the double ferris wheel was broke and needed something welded. Since their welder was broke they sent a him up to the local hardware store and he bought a couple hand held acetylne tanks and half |expletive| welded the ferris wheel and ran it all weekend until they could fix it right.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Sun May 08, 2016 8:54 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Omaha has been all over the national news today about that girls noggin getting crowned on that Kings Crown ride down at Stinko de Mayo in South Omaha. I used to know a guy who had been a carnie who told a good story. The carnival was in some little town up in Nebraska and the double ferris wheel was broke and needed something welded. Since their welder was broke they sent a him up to the local hardware store and he bought a couple hand held acetylne tanks and half |expletive| welded the ferris wheel and ran it all weekend until they could fix it right.

Do you conjure clever nicknames about other ethnic festivals too?

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby RNcyanide » Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Omaha has been all over the national news today about that girls noggin getting crowned on that Kings Crown ride down at Stinko de Mayo in South Omaha. I used to know a guy who had been a carnie who told a good story. The carnival was in some little town up in Nebraska and the double ferris wheel was broke and needed something welded. Since their welder was broke they sent a him up to the local hardware store and he bought a couple hand held acetylne tanks and half |expletive| welded the ferris wheel and ran it all weekend until they could fix it right.


Stay classy grandpa.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby MTO » Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 am

And that is why I stay away from carnival rides.
15-17, 26, 32

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon May 09, 2016 12:59 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Omaha has been all over the national news today about that girls noggin getting crowned on that Kings Crown ride down at Stinko de Mayo in South Omaha. I used to know a guy who had been a carnie who told a good story. The carnival was in some little town up in Nebraska and the double ferris wheel was broke and needed something welded. Since their welder was broke they sent a him up to the local hardware store and he bought a couple hand held acetylne tanks and half |expletive| welded the ferris wheel and ran it all weekend until they could fix it right.


Stay classy grandpa.


I had one instigator pull the racist card on me and I got my hand slapped by Coyote or some other administrator. Just for the record people I know have always called it Stinko de Mayo on account of its right down the street from the smelly packing houses. My bad!

Erik
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:55 am

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Erik » Mon May 09, 2016 1:32 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Omaha has been all over the national news today about that girls noggin getting crowned on that Kings Crown ride down at Stinko de Mayo in South Omaha. I used to know a guy who had been a carnie who told a good story. The carnival was in some little town up in Nebraska and the double ferris wheel was broke and needed something welded. Since their welder was broke they sent a him up to the local hardware store and he bought a couple hand held acetylne tanks and half |expletive| welded the ferris wheel and ran it all weekend until they could fix it right.


Stay classy grandpa.


I had one instigator pull the racist card on me and I got my hand slapped by Coyote or some other administrator. Just for the record people I know have always called it Stinko de Mayo on account of its right down the street from the smelly packing houses. My bad!


You're such a tough guy GRANDPASMUCKER. It must feel great to say whatever you want, whenever you want to whomever you want. Because we dont need civility at all, unless we are talking at you, of course.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby RNcyanide » Mon May 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Typically when I see G-Smuck is the last poster, I know it's not worth reading, but I caught this one on accident and couldn't pass up a little sarcasm.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Mon May 09, 2016 5:22 pm

I've found that G-$muck's posts come in two types:

Type 1 - Posts regarding developments unique to Omaha:

"Boondoggles gonna fail!"

Type 2 - All other posts:

First paragraph: "[Something racist]";
Second paragraph: Back-in-my-Day story, also typically racist.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon May 09, 2016 5:42 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I've found that G-$muck's posts come in two types:

Type 1 - Posts regarding developments unique to Omaha:

"Boondoggles gonna fail!"

Type 2 - All other posts:

First paragraph: "[Something racist]";
Second paragraph: Back-in-my-Day story, also typically racist.



Hey I may drift back to the old days often but at least I'm not so nuts that I still cry about the jobbers canyon getting torn down 20 years later. :cry:

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby GetUrban » Mon May 09, 2016 9:05 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I've found that G-$muck's posts come in two types:

Type 1 - Posts regarding developments unique to Omaha:

"Boondoggles gonna fail!"

Type 2 - All other posts:

First paragraph: "[Something racist]";
Second paragraph: Back-in-my-Day story, also typically racist.



Hey I may drift back to the old days often but at least I'm not so nuts that I still cry about the jobbers canyon getting torn down 20 years later. :cry:

It's been 27 1/2 years! :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :lafcry: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Mon May 09, 2016 9:56 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I've found that G-$muck's posts come in two types:

Type 1 - Posts regarding developments unique to Omaha:

"Boondoggles gonna fail!"

Type 2 - All other posts:

First paragraph: "[Something racist]";
Second paragraph: Back-in-my-Day story, also typically racist.



Hey I may drift back to the old days often but at least I'm not so nuts that I still cry about the jobbers canyon getting torn down 20 years later. :cry:

Apologies Grandpa :-( hugs

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 am

The 20 Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S.

15. Omaha, Nebraska

Best Places to Live 2016 Ranking: 18

Metro Population: 886,157

Median Home Price: $139,000

Average Household Salary: $43,330

Income Spent on Living Expenses: 28.74 percent

Omaha's median home sale price is $139,000, nearly $80,000 less than the national average, according to Zillow. With many tech companies looking to Omaha, among other smaller metro regions in the U.S., as a more affordable, central location for bicoastal communication, the capital of Nebraska has a job market that is growing steadily. But Omaha maintains a low cost of living, allowing residents to keep more than 71 percent of their income in their wallets.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6158
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby nebugeater » Fri May 13, 2016 11:19 am

Omaha ----- The capital of Nebraska ?????


skinzfan23 wrote:The 20 Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S.

15. Omaha, Nebraska

Best Places to Live 2016 Ranking: 18

Metro Population: 886,157

Median Home Price: $139,000

Average Household Salary: $43,330

Income Spent on Living Expenses: 28.74 percent

Omaha's median home sale price is $139,000, nearly $80,000 less than the national average, according to Zillow. With many tech companies looking to Omaha, among other smaller metro regions in the U.S., as a more affordable, central location for bicoastal communication, the capital of Nebraska has a job market that is growing steadily. But Omaha maintains a low cost of living, allowing residents to keep more than 71 percent of their income in their wallets.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:34 am

I just saw that too, I thought for a second that maybe they were referencing Lincoln but I don't think that is the case.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6158
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby nebugeater » Fri May 13, 2016 1:01 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:I just saw that too, I thought for a second that maybe they were referencing Lincoln but I don't think that is the case.



The statement would be true for both Omaha and Lincoln but in this context I am almost sure they were referencing Omaha.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1722
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon May 30, 2016 7:52 pm

An Equestrian Escape to…Omaha?

I have to admit that I didn’t really know much about Omaha or Nebraska before we started planning the trip to cover The International Omaha show held earlier this month. I ordered a visitor’s guide from the Nebraska Tourism Commission (http://VisitNebraska.com/) and found the website for the Omaha Convention and Tourism Bureau (http://www.visitomaha.com/) where I downloaded an Omaha Visitor’s Guide entitled 100 Pages of Things to Do in Omaha.

"Really, is there that much to do there?” I thought. Boy, was I uninformed. Omaha is in a word, awesome! It’s the best city that I knew nothing about; a city rich in history, a center for the arts and an area full of culinary delights. And Omaha a big sports town, hosting the College World Series of baseball each summer and this year’s U.S. Olympic Swim Team Trials.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6285
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon May 30, 2016 8:45 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:An Equestrian Escape to…Omaha?

I have to admit that I didn’t really know much about Omaha or Nebraska before we started planning the trip to cover The International Omaha show held earlier this month. I ordered a visitor’s guide from the Nebraska Tourism Commission (http://VisitNebraska.com/) and found the website for the Omaha Convention and Tourism Bureau (http://www.visitomaha.com/) where I downloaded an Omaha Visitor’s Guide entitled 100 Pages of Things to Do in Omaha.

"Really, is there that much to do there?” I thought. Boy, was I uninformed. Omaha is in a word, awesome! It’s the best city that I knew nothing about; a city rich in history, a center for the arts and an area full of culinary delights. And Omaha a big sports town, hosting the College World Series of baseball each summer and this year’s U.S. Olympic Swim Team Trials.


That's really a nice piece.. Thanks for sharing this Paperstacks- good find :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1722
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 pm

In Omaha, A Library With No Books Brings Technology To All

NPR - All Things Considered wrote:On the corner of the busiest intersection in Omaha, Neb., there's a square cement building, wrapped on two sides with a flashing LED billboard promoting the high-tech equipment and classes inside.

"I thought it was a 3-D printer sales place," says Frank Fu, a high school student.

Earlier this year, Fu stumbled upon Do Space, a technology library providing free access to powerful PCs loaded with software used by businesses and artists. There are 3-D printers and laser cutters.

"It was exactly what I was looking for, and I never knew there was a place anywhere like it, and it turns out there's not," Fu says.

There are no books in this library. Instead it's jammed with high-end technology that it provides free to the public.
Last edited by HR Paperstacks on Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6285
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:In Omaha, A Library With No Books Brings Technology To All

NPR - All Things Considered wrote:On the corner of the busiest intersection in Omaha, Neb., there's a square cement building, wrapped on two sides with a flashing LED billboard promoting the high-tech equipment and classes inside.

"I thought it was a 3-D printer sales place," says Frank Fu, a high school student.

Earlier this year, Fu stumbled upon Do Space, a technology library providing free access to powerful PCs loaded with software used by businesses and artists. There are 3-D printers and laser cutters.

"It was exactly what I was looking for, and I never knew there was a place anywhere like it, and it turns out there's not," Fu says.

There are no books in this library. Instead it's jammed with high-end technology that it provides free to the public.


FYI- The link you posted takes me to a W-H story regarding the St Patrick's Church conversion to residential...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1722
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:FYI- The link you posted takes me to a W-H story regarding the St Patrick's Church conversion to residential...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


Not sure how that got there...it's fixed now.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6285
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue May 31, 2016 10:36 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:FYI- The link you posted takes me to a W-H story regarding the St Patrick's Church conversion to residential...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


Not sure how that got there...it's fixed now.


Cool. Thanks...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby choke » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:30 pm

daveoma wrote:Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all


daveoma, thank you for the link to the article. I am a big NPR fan. Nice to see Omaha in the news for something good :thumb:

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6285
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:20 pm

daveoma wrote:Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all


FYI daveoma- This is the same story Paperstacks posted a week earlier on 05/31.. I'll leave your post up however and thanks for linking it :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
daveoma wrote:Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all


FYI daveoma- This is the same story Paperstacks posted a week earlier on 05/31.. I'll leave your post up however and thanks for linking it :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Thanks for letting me know Omaha Cowboy. I didn't see the article posited in this thread...did I miss it?

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby daveoma » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 pm

daveoma wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
daveoma wrote:Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all


FYI daveoma- This is the same story Paperstacks posted a week earlier on 05/31.. I'll leave your post up however and thanks for linking it :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Thanks for letting me know Omaha Cowboy. I didn't see the article posited in this thread...did I miss it?


Nevermind, I see this now, thanks again!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6285
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:16 pm

daveoma wrote:
daveoma wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
daveoma wrote:Do Space on 72nd & Dodge featured in an NPR story the other day:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ogy-to-all


FYI daveoma- This is the same story Paperstacks posted a week earlier on 05/31.. I'll leave your post up however and thanks for linking it :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Thanks for letting me know Omaha Cowboy. I didn't see the article posited in this thread...did I miss it?


Nevermind, I see this now, thanks again!


You're welcome :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 pm


User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:43 pm

The Top 10 Best American Cities to Work in Tech in 2016

4. Omaha, NE
Last year’s number-one city for tech workers, Omaha, NE has a lot going for it as a tech city. Its unemployment rate for BA-holders is a low 2.6% and 3.77% of the city’s workers are in tech. Tech workers in Nebraska’s largest city earn a median salary of $75,890. That may be the lowest median tech salary on our top ten list, but it’s 1.69 times the city’s average salary.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20817
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Postby Coyote » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:47 am

Henrik Stenson is giving (Mutual of) Omaha huge international name recognition at The Open for the past few days!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.86 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Image


Return to “News and Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest