Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater, Candleshoe

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: G.I looks to build new airport terminal

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Padre wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Dropped off a few family members that flew up from AZ for the eclipse and poked my head in here. Nice facility for GI and Central Nebraska. I tend to agree with earlier comments that it might be better for the Tri City area if Kearney dropped its Denver service and GI were able to attract a larger carrier than PenAir like a SkyWest under the United umbrella.

Well PenAir ended up going under, but the only replacement flight to Denver I have found is at North Platte. They are getting a 50 seat jet through SkyWest(United).

EDIT: Looks like Scottsbluff got the service as well. Kearney has applied, but has to finish a $12 million runway project before they can get service back. Seems like the region would be better off with all service out of GI, but I am sure Kearney likes the closer service.

GI is gettting EAS, as will Kearney. They won't pay for two airlines at the same airport.

Didn't know that was how that worked thanks.

So which one of Allegiant or American is operating without help?

Padre
New to the Neighborhood

Re: G.I looks to build new airport terminal

Postby Padre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
Padre wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Dropped off a few family members that flew up from AZ for the eclipse and poked my head in here. Nice facility for GI and Central Nebraska. I tend to agree with earlier comments that it might be better for the Tri City area if Kearney dropped its Denver service and GI were able to attract a larger carrier than PenAir like a SkyWest under the United umbrella.

Well PenAir ended up going under, but the only replacement flight to Denver I have found is at North Platte. They are getting a 50 seat jet through SkyWest(United).

EDIT: Looks like Scottsbluff got the service as well. Kearney has applied, but has to finish a $12 million runway project before they can get service back. Seems like the region would be better off with all service out of GI, but I am sure Kearney likes the closer service.

GI is gettting EAS, as will Kearney. They won't pay for two airlines at the same airport.

Didn't know that was how that worked thanks.

So which one of Allegiant or American is operating without help?

Allegiant

Return to “Nebraska and Iowa”