Hastings update...

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Candleshoe
Human Relations

Hastings update...

Post by Candleshoe »

Hastings will finally step out and get a national brand sit down full menu restaurant. Applebees is currently going up along the north 281 retail corridor. In an interesting negotiation, the Hastings Community Redevelopment Authority persuaded Lincoln's Concord Hospitality, a franchisee of both Village Inn and Applebee’s in Nebraska, to open an Applebees in Hastings if the CRA purchased the old Village Inn building which had sat empty for the last ten years.

The city of 25,000, is located 18 miles south of Grand Island.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Interesting they don't already have something like that.  I was out there this summer and they had all the national fast food places and several big box retailers on that north end.
bbtran72
Home Owners Association

Post by bbtran72 »

Brad wrote:Interesting they don't already have something like that.  I was out there this summer and they had all the national fast food places and several big box retailers on that north end.
Nope i have been living here since i was in 3rd grade in 1996, we have nothing as in a chain sit down restaurant like Applebee's.  There are a lot of bars and fast chain and a couple of local restaurants but that is about it.
Suit Up