Big E
City Council

Ernie Chambers to run again

Post by Big E »

Stable genius.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

I wish he'd run for Nelson's senate seat...imagine him up on Capitol Hill calling out Congress in a faded sweat shirt.   :twisted:
S33
County Board

Re: Ernie Chambers to run again

Post by S33 »

I walked passed his office today in the capitol building. Still smelled like salted peanuts and barbosol. He's not back, he's never left.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebport5 wrote:I wish he'd run for Nelson's senate seat...imagine him up on Capitol Hill calling out Congress in a faded sweat shirt.   :twisted:

On a state wide election my guess is his chances of getting elected are at about 0%.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nebugeater wrote:On a state wide election my guess is his chances of getting elected are at about 0%.
Well, remember that District 2 went for the Dem in the last general.

District 1 includes Lincoln, which can be progressive.

District 3, well, no {f-bomb}ing way!

The political ads which I've heard so far are all parroting the (tea) Party Line, and Ernie would be a clear alternative to that.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:
nebugeater wrote:On a state wide election my guess is his chances of getting elected are at about 0%.

The political ads which I've heard so far are all parroting the (tea) Party Line, and Ernie would be a clear alternative to that.
I do not discount that, but I think he has a track record that is known state wide and it a bit more polarizing that most people up for election that have won state wide from the D side.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Amazing thing is Ernie's platform is more aligned with Ron Paul and Tea Party candidates than any traditional D or R.  

Must be the t-shirts they don't like.
Stable genius.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

nebport5 wrote:I wish he'd run for Nelson's senate seat...imagine him up on Capitol Hill calling out Congress in a faded sweat shirt.   :twisted:
As much as I hate the guy, I would actively campaign for him in the Senate.  Sadly, we need people who behave like him to shake |expletive| up there.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Just walked past his office door, yesterday, in the capitol building. I guess I just assumed he didn't get the memo that he was legislated out of office and kept writing bills...
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

It's funny, but not surprising, that they didn't write-in to the term limits law a clause forbidding anyone to serve ever again after two consecutive terms.

But, in general I'm against term limits....that's what elections are for. I read somewhere, I believe it was in a Malcom Gladwell book, that nobody really masters their job until they spend at least 10,000 hours doing it.

You have to respect Ernie's intellect, knowledge of the rules, and talent for making a difference, even though you may not always agree with his goals or obstructive behavior.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Big E wrote:Amazing thing is Ernie's platform is more aligned with Ron Paul and Tea Party candidates than any traditional D or R.  
Ron Paul, maybe. True Libertarians, maybe. Tea Party, no! Tea Party has been taken over by the Religious Reich, you know, those "less government" folks who want the government to become more involved in your personal life!
Sadly, we need people who behave like him to shake |expletive| up there.
Oh yes! He would most definitely be the bee in the bonnet in Washington!
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

nebport5 wrote:I wish he'd run for Nelson's senate seat.
I'd fund his |expletive| SuperPAC if I thought he'd do it.
Omababe wrote:Ron Paul, maybe. True Libertarians, maybe. Tea Party, no! Tea Party has been taken over by the Religious Reich
No arguments.  I thought I implied that with muy snark, though.
Stable genius.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

I like the idea that he's running, if for no other reason than to point out how stupid term limit laws are.  Does anyone remember when he ran for governor?  The remarkable thing was that he campaigned all over the state and managed to garner votes from every corner.  I haven't kept up with him much since I left in the 70's, but I remember him becoming something of a national figure after he pretty much out-shone everyone else in the academy award winning documentary 'A Time For Burning."
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

ricko wrote:'A Time For Burning."
I NetFlixed that a few years ago.  Definitely worth your time.
Stable genius.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Again, should be in the Nebraska forum, not the Lincoln forum.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Again, should be in the Nebraska forum, not the Lincoln forum.
Agreed.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Moved
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

nebugeater wrote:
Omababe wrote:

I do not discount that, but I think he has a track record that is known state wide and it a bit more polarizing that most people up for election that have won state wide from the D side.
As a resident of the Third District, I can report that a common opinion is that we're glad Ernie doesn't represent us, as it's our view he isn't a representative of the fine folks of his district as much as he is the bee in the bonnet of the Unicameral. That being said, a lot of folks out here are glad that somebody was doing it to keep the rest of the legislature on their toes. I doubt that he'd win the district, but he wouldn't exactly get his butt kicked out here either.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Jesus could lose an election in NE3 simply for being "a little too Jewish".  Ernie would have no chance in a statewide election (see my above post).  I think he'd have a shot at Congress from NE2, though.

And he'd be the best thing to happen to Congress since Dee Snyder.
Stable genius.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Former state senator Ernie Chambers running to represent District 11 in Nebraska Legislature

A former state senator from Omaha is again running for the Nebraska Legislature. Ernie Chambers has filed to represent District 11 in the legislature, the Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office confirmed to KETV NewsWatch 7. North Omaha native Terrell McKinney is the incumbent for the seat. He replaced Chambers, who was term-limited, in the 2020 election. Calandra Cooper has also filed to represent District 11. Chambers, 86, served in Nebraska's statehouse for nearly five decades.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Former state senator Ernie Chambers running to represent District 11 in Nebraska Legislature

A former state senator from Omaha is again running for the Nebraska Legislature. The Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office confirmed Ernie Chambers has filed to represent District 11. North Omaha native Terrell McKinney is the incumbent for the seat. He replaced Chambers, who was term-limited, in the 2020 election. Calandra Cooper has also filed to represent District 11.

Chambers, 86, served in Nebraska's statehouse for nearly five decades.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I’m sure he has better things he wants to do at this stage in his life. Driving back and forth each legislative session day (plus committee hearing days, office days, etc.) during the winter months is no fun for anyone. But he must feel that things have gotten so off the rails that he needs to be there to prevent further damage to the state and her citizens.
My guess is that he will be favored to win back his seat.
Renovator2559
Human Relations

Re:

Post by Renovator2559 »

Candleshoe wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 am
nebugeater wrote:
Omababe wrote:

As a resident of the Third District, I can report that a common opinion is that we're glad Ernie doesn't represent us, as it's our view he isn't a representative of the fine folks of his district as much as he is the bee in the bonnet of the Unicameral. That being said, a lot of folks out here are glad that somebody was doing it to keep the rest of the legislature on their toes. I doubt that he'd win the district, but he wouldn't exactly get his butt kicked out here either.
I think its time to say that democrats have shot themselves in the foot by the ways that they have run the country.

Many blacks even in Chicago are sick and tired of how democrats like Beetle Juice has run the city and all the illegals. Many blacks are switching over to republican, which is interesting.

https://www.nysun.com/article/chicago-b ... -your-time

If democrats want to keep their electorate, they have to show their constituents via actions not empty platitudes that are not fulfilled.

The great awakening is upon us, we have to go through darkness in order to see the light. Only then will people realize what works and what doesn't.

We see the typical states failing and the states that are thriving, the world is watching.

I was neutral of Juanita Johnson, but then when I saw the drama on her saying the black national anthem despite getting 100M funding for her district, I changed my mind. We are all American and there's only one national anthem for all of us, this is not Jim Crow times.

Also Juanita Johnson having a history of disrespect against other council members and those nearby including Mayor Jean Stotthert, is another notch as to why this council woman should be replaced by someone that is competent.

Ernie Chambers looks like the typical professional politician that makes a career staying with office power. It's time for him to go. Laws should be ammended so that term limits is the final limit, so no one keeps running indefinately. Ernie is another one that makes it all about race and not about meritocracy. We need people that believe in meritocracy, all races have people that believe in meritocracy.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Ernie Chambers has never been a Democrat. Someone needs to do a little research.
DasBoot
New to the Neighborhood

Post by DasBoot »

nativeomahan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 am Ernie Chambers has never been a Democrat. Someone needs to do a little research.
Correct, he is a registered non-partisan, but he definitely supports leftist democrat ideals.
Renovator2559
Human Relations

Post by Renovator2559 »

nativeomahan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 am Ernie Chambers has never been a Democrat. Someone needs to do a little research.
He doesn't have to have a D behind his name to be one. All if not most of what he has voted and supported, are leftist values.

Just because a person has an "R" behind their name, doesn't make them a republican. If their consistent voting is with democrats and a rejection of republican tenants. They are RINOs or democrats in disguise.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

I mainly vote for D as Republicans are actively trying to turn the country into a strict theocracy.

See project 2025 as one example
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Erik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:20 am I mainly vote for D as Republicans are actively trying to turn the country into a strict theocracy.

Ernie Chambers should be the next UNL President.
Stable genius.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Big E wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:23 pm
Erik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:20 am I mainly vote for D as Republicans are actively trying to turn the country into a strict theocracy.

What about Big E being the next UNL president... ? You are more qualified than Chambers....
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:44 pm
Big E wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:23 pm

What about Big E being the next UNL president... ? You are more qualified than Chambers....
Big E for president 👨🏻‍🎓!
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Stable genius.
Renovator2559
Human Relations

Post by Renovator2559 »

I know right! Our country is being led with great leadership currently, don't worry we have many more great things coming before our president Biden runs for reelection. He's done such a great job and shown a spotlight on the inner workings of the party, he never did the bad things that the former president was accused, and now he's the chosen nominy.

I think its time to raise the awakening thermostat just a tad bit. I've been enjoying this great movie, this grand chess match.

And many of us have gone on a streak of I told you so, I told you so, since 2020!