Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: G.I looks to build new airport terminal

Post by iamjacobm »

Padre wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Dropped off a few family members that flew up from AZ for the eclipse and poked my head in here. Nice facility for GI and Central Nebraska. I tend to agree with earlier comments that it might be better for the Tri City area if Kearney dropped its Denver service and GI were able to attract a larger carrier than PenAir like a SkyWest under the United umbrella.
Well PenAir ended up going under, but the only replacement flight to Denver I have found is at North Platte. They are getting a 50 seat jet through SkyWest(United).

EDIT: Looks like Scottsbluff got the service as well. Kearney has applied, but has to finish a $12 million runway project before they can get service back. Seems like the region would be better off with all service out of GI, but I am sure Kearney likes the closer service.
GI is gettting EAS, as will Kearney. They won't pay for two airlines at the same airport.
Didn't know that was how that worked thanks.

So which one of Allegiant or American is operating without help?
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

iamjacobm wrote:
Padre wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Dropped off a few family members that flew up from AZ for the eclipse and poked my head in here. Nice facility for GI and Central Nebraska. I tend to agree with earlier comments that it might be better for the Tri City area if Kearney dropped its Denver service and GI were able to attract a larger carrier than PenAir like a SkyWest under the United umbrella.
Well PenAir ended up going under, but the only replacement flight to Denver I have found is at North Platte. They are getting a 50 seat jet through SkyWest(United).

EDIT: Looks like Scottsbluff got the service as well. Kearney has applied, but has to finish a $12 million runway project before they can get service back. Seems like the region would be better off with all service out of GI, but I am sure Kearney likes the closer service.
GI is gettting EAS, as will Kearney. They won't pay for two airlines at the same airport.
Didn't know that was how that worked thanks.

So which one of Allegiant or American is operating without help?
Allegiant
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

http://nebraska.tv/news/local/gi-airpor ... flights-to
The airport currently has daily jet service on American Eagle to Dallas, plus multiple flights a week to Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa on Allegiant Air.

Now the airport said American is adding five more flights to Dallas with a total of 244 more seats per week. That ups the number of flights to the location from 13 to 18. They said the announcement is significant given a pilot shortage.

Mike Olson, CNRA executive director said he's having a "very serious discussion with American on [flights to] Chicago."
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Candleshoe wrote:http://nebraska.tv/news/local/gi-airpor ... flights-to
The airport currently has daily jet service on American Eagle to Dallas, plus multiple flights a week to Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa on Allegiant Air.

Now the airport said American is adding five more flights to Dallas with a total of 244 more seats per week. That ups the number of flights to the location from 13 to 18. They said the announcement is significant given a pilot shortage.

Mike Olson, CNRA executive director said he's having a "very serious discussion with American on [flights to] Chicago."
Chicago. About time. After that, Denver.
TransitOriented
Library Board

Post by TransitOriented »

I recently flew out of this airport. I was very impressed.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

I was recently in GI as well, they are tearing down the Conestoga mall, looks like just the Best Buy part is remaining. A large new concept to GI retail development will be built on the site.
TransitOriented
Library Board

Post by TransitOriented »

Cermak wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:25 pm I was recently in GI as well, they are tearing down the Conestoga mall, looks like just the Best Buy part is remaining. A large new concept to GI retail development will be built on the site.
There's discussion about it in the "Grand Island Rumor Mill" thread, but I'll save you that read and just link you to the article: https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2023/03/21 ... gest-city/