Official: Heartland Events Center

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nice! This is going to be a great addition for GI.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

We drove through the north parking lot during the Gretchen Wilson concert and noted that in one particular row,
less than a quarter of the license plates were from Hall County, and counted 5 different states.
Around five or six in that row had the three alpha, three numeral plates,
so it's nice to see folks from Lincoln and Omaha areas coming out THIS WAY for a show.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

It looks definitely worth a visit for a show..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

The attendance figures estimates for the first three concerts during the Hall County Fair:
Gretchen Wilson- 3,500-4,000
Staind- 5,000
BJ Thomas- 2,500-3,000

the concerts were promoted by TBA Management out of Omaha and the County Fair controlled the facility for the events. Heartland Events Center staff will begin active management later.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

It kind of looks like a hischool but it still looks better then the WFA that looks like a grocerystore/hischool.
15-17, 26, 32
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

REgarding the Heartland Events Center and the discouraging news of late regarding the proposed hockey team... I haven't heard any part of the negotiations or what the problem really is, but...

Earlier comments are that the arena would be booked a lot with the events that are already happening at Fonner Park, I'd wonder if the HEC folks are reluctant to let the hockey team use it as much as they need to for practice. I don't know the amount of time involved in covering the ice and knocking down the boards for convention use.

One thing I've gathered from local comments, is that the Events Center (read that to be Fonner Park management) is treating the arena the same way as Ray Romanos mom treated her furniture... plastic covers on the couch. You won't get to fully enjoy the center because they don't want to get it dirty, so to speak.

The USHL is entering negotiations, so if they can't "get'rdone" then don't count on hockey anytime soon.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

The arena itself, WILL be used for some conventions. Right now, it's not used for anything. The three concerts for the Hall county fair were special events that required a temporary occupation permit, as the Events Center isn't really done yet. I believe it will be open for regular business sometime in the Springs.