Ole's Big Game Steakhouse

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Ole's Big Game Steakhouse

Post by Coyote »

Just had to add these photos of the famous Ole's in Paxton. Stopped by there yesterday for the first time in over 20 years (that I can recall):

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I like going there on my way though Nebraska.  Unfortunately we didn't have time yesterday when we went though Paxton.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

One of my favorite places, always get their chicken gizzards.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I have no clue where this place is, but I'll say one thing. I'm sure this is an excellent example of Midwest cuisine from a well-run and very successful small-town eatery.

In my not so humble opinion, these places put the chain steakhouses to shame and are much more reasonable in price.

We actually have two (or more) around her, those being Farmer Brown's in Waterloo and Pink Poodle in Crescent. I have heard that Pink Poodle has jacked up their prices, however. :( I'm very sure there are others within an easy drive of the Metro.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:I have no clue where this place is, but I'll say one thing. I'm sure this is an excellent example of Midwest cuisine from a well-run and very successful small-town eatery.

In my not so humble opinion, these places put the chain steakhouses to shame and are much more reasonable in price.

We actually have two (or more) around her, those being Farmer Brown's in Waterloo and Pink Poodle in Crescent. I have heard that Pink Poodle has jacked up their prices, however. :( I'm very sure there are others within an easy drive of the Metro.
It is in Paxton NE a mile or so N of I80 and about 30 miles west of North Platte.

http://olesbiggame.com/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

Can't believe you left out the "Jackalope"!

Trophies, both big and small at Ole's Big Game Bar by candleshoe, on Flickr