Adventureland

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Adventureland

Post by nebugeater »

Didn't find a thread that this really fit since every search seemed to bring up a thread comparing Omaha, Des Moines, KC etc.

Anyway.

Adventureland is getting a new roller coaster that will be ready some time this summer. 13 stories tall. 2500 ft track. $9,000,000 cost

Image of the coaster rendering in the video with the news story makes it look to me like they have kicked it up a notch.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/First- ... 38022.html
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Re: Adventureland

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

They finally have a roller coaster as good as a Cedar Point one
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:They finally have a roller coaster as good as a Cedar Point one
I wouldn't go that far. Cedar Point is the roller coaster capital of the world. They have 18 rollercoasters including a 420 ft one and 310 ft. one. I have been to both parks and Adventureland is nice for a family but has nothing in comparison to Cedar Point.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

skinzfan23 wrote:
PotatoeEatsFish wrote:They finally have a roller coaster as good as a Cedar Point one
I wouldn't go that far. Cedar Point is the roller coaster capital of the world. They have 18 rollercoasters including a 420 ft one and 310 ft. one. I have been to both parks and Adventureland is nice for a family but has nothing in comparison to Cedar Point.
I've been to both too, I may have over exaggerated it but this is a step up for Adventure Land.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Adventureland had been acquired by Palace Entertainment.

https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-altoo ... YKvwsIjD9w

ALTOONA, Iowa —
Palace Entertainment announced Tuesday it would be acquiring Adventureland Resort.

Adventureland has been owned and operated by the Krantz family since 1974, containing more than 100 rides, shows and attractions.

"We are excited about adding Adventureland into our portfolio," said John Reilly, chief operating officer of Palace Entertainment. "We specialize in parks and venues that create experiences to be enjoyed over a lifetime, from childhood to young adulthood to parenting and grandparenting. We are investing in Adventureland to expand its current lineup to include eight new family rides in 2022, plus two all-new attractions for the 2023 season."

Starting in the new year, Adventureland Platinum Season Passholders will be able to visit other Palace Entertainment sister parks for free, including Noah's Ark Waterpark in the Wisconsin Dells, and Kennywood near Pittsburgh.

"We look forward to our Palace Entertainment team combining their operational excellence with Adventureland's family-run legacy of entertainment," said Pascal Ferracci, chief executive officer of Parques Reunidos. "Parques Reunidos has a unique track record of acquiring and successfully integrating parks, with over 20 transactions completed across 11 countries since 2004. This will continue to be a growth lever for the group, keeping local brands and historical positioning of acquired parks while benefiting from state-of-the-art tools and capabilities to further develop the business."
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I wonder if this will affect Adventureland either positively or negatively at all. We went there this past summer after 20 years of not going and I thought it was a great run family place. The rides that they have recently added were great too. I have always favored Worlds of Fun but with the new rides Adventureland has taken a new step in the right direction.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:07 pm I wonder if this will affect Adventureland either positively or negatively at all. We went there this past summer after 20 years of not going and I thought it was a great run family place. The rides that they have recently added were great too. I have always favored Worlds of Fun but with the new rides Adventureland has taken a new step in the right direction.
I have not watched the video at the link yet but it indicates that the coverage is commenting on the pro and cons from some "experts"
We Don’t Coast
Home Owners Association

Post by We Don’t Coast »

I forget Adventureland even exists to be honest. Other than making a quick stop passing through on I-80 on our way to the Chicago area, we really don’t have a reason to spend time in Des Moines. If I had little kids who were jonesing to go on amusement park rides, maybe. But everyone is different.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ride at Iowa amusement park where boy died will never reopen

ALTOONA, Iowa (AP) - The managers of an Iowa amusement park say they will never reopen a ride where an 11-year-old boy was killed. Adventureland’s general manager announced the decision in a letter posted on the park’s website Friday. He said the park spent months reviewing the safety of the Raging River ride. The company that bought the park in the wake of Michael Jaramillo’s death decided it would be best to focus on other park enhancements. Jaramillo’s bother and father were also injured on July 3, 2021 when the family’s raft overturned and trapped them in the water. The family’s lawsuit against Adventureland’s former owners remains pending in court.