Cedar Rapids IA Water Park

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Cedar Rapids IA Water Park

Post by nebugeater »

I have been following this for a while and at first it semed like it was a pie in the sky dream. As it has moved along it seems to be getting closer to being a real deal. This are could really use something like this in Omaha, Lincoln, or somewhere between. To me somewhere near Mahoney would be ideal.

http://www.cedarbayoupark.com/home

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Water- ... 28361.html
A couple of years from now, people might be enjoying a water park in the Cedar Rapids area.

CR Fun Ventures recently released renderings for what it calls the Cedar Bayou Park. It would be an indoor and outdoor waterpark with a hotel, restaurant and much more.

CEO Nick Ford says he is considering a few different sites in southern Cedar Rapids and North Liberty.

He would like to build the park in two phases. The first phase would be creating the 60,000 to 65,000 square foot indoor water park with a lazy river, water rides and a bayou-cajun themed bar. The second phase would include the outdoor water park, cafe, hotel, zipline and medical complex.

Mayor Ron Corbett endorses the project. It is in the very early stages, but Ford would like to see it open by March of 2018.
Attachments
Board_2a.jpg
Board_2a.jpg (114.57 KiB) Viewed 626 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Cedar Rapids IA Water Park

Post by skinzfan23 »

I still doubt it happens, at least in the form the rendering depicts. Although, there is nothing even close to this in CR. Waterloo, 60 miles north, does have a great waterpark.

If this happens, the biggest concern, at least for the outdoor park is going to be the smell coming from the nearby corn processing plant (ADM) as seen in the rendering. I can honestly say that it wouldn't look to inviting to have that plant right next to a water park for families.