Fremont Development

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nativeomahan
County Board

Fremont Development

Post by nativeomahan »

I noticed recently that several new businesses have opened, or are about to open, along Hwy 30. These include a Fairfield Inn & Suites, a Starbucks, a Firehouse Subs shop, and a Raising Cane's.
Brad
City Council

Re: Fremont Development

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:I noticed recently that several new businesses have opened, or are about to open, along Hwy 30. These include a Fairfield Inn & Suites, a Starbucks, a Firehouse Subs shop, and a Raising Cane's.
Here are couple photo I took of the front building on May 5th.

daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

That's a very nice little plaza for Fremont. I'm glad to see it was built. :)
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

There have been quite a few new developments besides this strip mall and hotel.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Area 51 bowling
http://fremonttribune.com/news/brothers ... 6a7cf.html

Seimer used car sales closed down after he didn't pay back his loans, but Tailgate used car sales has taken over this nice property.
http://fremonttribune.com/business/loca ... 25c2c.html

New coffee roaster in a rehabbed old buiding with a coworking loft space
http://fremonttribune.com/business/mila ... 51863.html

Raising Cane's Ribbon Cutting
http://chamber.fremontne.org/events/det ... tting-9855

There's a chain sporting good's store in a new-ish strip mall. But why not just shop at the local sporting goods stores?
http://www.hibbett.com

Hardee's opened a new location in Fremont last July after closing it's previous location maybe 25 years ago.

Taco John's opened a new location in Fremont last summer after closing it's previous location a few years ago.

Panda Express opened in Fremont.

La Hacienda opened in Fremont (last year?). Personally I prefer to eat at Gringos, it's locally owned.

Sid Dillon had to expand their car lot north because Hobby Lobby took over the old Walmart spot.

Earl May closed.

JC Penny is closing any day.

USA Steak Buffet closed over the winter
http://fremonttribune.com/news/local/us ... 21cc6.html

but Ninja Steak and Sushi opened. It has a hibachi. I think that's a Fremont first. There's always quite a few cars in the lot when I drive by.

Also expanded gambling in Inglewood :?
I do love playing Ocean Star at Brady's though. Winning actual money is just a bonus.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

ALDI is coming to Fremont. Will be located next to Applybee's

https://fremonttribune.com/business/loc ... ign=LEEDCC

For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm ALDI is coming to Fremont. Will be located next to Applybee's

Nice get for Fremont :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:48 pm
nebugeater wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm ALDI is coming to Fremont. Will be located next to Applybee's

Nice get for Fremont :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Personally I think a Fairway would be a much better fit and get
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Well, you’ve got to start somewhere.. and Aldi is a nice catalyst...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm Well, you’ve got to start somewhere.. and Aldi is a nice catalyst...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Agreed, I think in a small city like Fremont it's always beneficial to have more options.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I like that new plaza. I noticed it go up. That yellow is sure bright. There's something I love about Fremont. I think because it doesnt seem as far out anymore with West Omaha reaching the Elkhorn River Valley, and its a fast freeway connecting it now. I like that there is a town about 20,000 right outside of Omaha, that is big enough to get typical business (like Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, ect), and people can build a home in a new sibdivision on the edge of it, and be part of a smaller place, yet still close to Omaha. If I needed a break from Omaha's sprawl & strip malls, I would drive out there once in awhile for a change. There's some cute corners & architecture there. In fact, a few years back, I was playing SimCity4 still, and l made a "Fremont" outside of my main city.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm I like that new plaza. I noticed it go up. That yellow is sure bright. There's something I love about Fremont. I think because it doesnt seem as far out anymore with West Omaha reaching the Elkhorn River Valley, and its a fast freeway connecting it now. I like that there is a town about 20,000 right outside of Omaha, that is big enough to get typical business (like Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, ect), and people can build a home in a new sibdivision on the edge of it, and be part of a smaller place, yet still close to Omaha. If I needed a break from Omaha's sprawl & strip malls, I would drive out there once in awhile for a change. There's some cute corners & architecture there. In fact, a few years back, I was playing SimCity4 still, and l made a "Fremont" outside of my main city.
Fremont has seen some growth over the last few decades. It's sitting around 27,000 and will probably quickly break 30,000 when the Costco plant is built and in business.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Erik wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am
RockHarbor wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm I like that new plaza. I noticed it go up. That yellow is sure bright. There's something I love about Fremont. I think because it doesnt seem as far out anymore with West Omaha reaching the Elkhorn River Valley, and its a fast freeway connecting it now. I like that there is a town about 20,000 right outside of Omaha, that is big enough to get typical business (like Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, ect), and people can build a home in a new sibdivision on the edge of it, and be part of a smaller place, yet still close to Omaha. If I needed a break from Omaha's sprawl & strip malls, I would drive out there once in awhile for a change. There's some cute corners & architecture there. In fact, a few years back, I was playing SimCity4 still, and l made a "Fremont" outside of my main city.
Fremont has seen some growth over the last few decades. It's sitting around 27,000 and will probably quickly break 30,000 when the Costco plant is built and in business.
Oh, they are building a Costco plant? I'm surprised there are not more (if any) Celebrity Homes neighborhoods on the perimeter of Fremont. The new construction doesnt seem to involve starter homes -- that Ive seen, anyways.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:23 pm
Erik wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am
Oh, they are building a Costco plant? I'm surprised there are not more (if any) Celebrity Homes neighborhoods on the perimeter of Fremont. The new construction doesnt seem to involve starter homes -- that Ive seen, anyways.
Yeah. And it appears that you may have missed the news on the opposition to this plant in that town. Some citizens were complaining about immigrants moving into town. One guy said that he isnt racist, but he visited a plant in cali where a bunch of minorities and immigrants worked, said he never was more afraid for his life :lol:
BIGO88
Home Owners Association

Post by BIGO88 »

Cool project in the Fremont 505 building downtown. 24 apartments and a new brewery in the first floor.

https://fremonttribune.com/business/loc ... 5b3fa.html
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Three years later: Ames Dike outside Fremont rebuilt for $2 million after 2019 flooding

Recovery three years after flood took over Fremont
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Lofts at 505, Fremont, NE 68025
From the contractor and architect’s fb pages: the unit count may have increased slightly from the prior posts..
Located in historic downtown Fremont, the Lofts at 505 are on their way to becoming newly refurbished apartments with commercial space available on the first floor! Partnering with RMDX, LLC and Lund-Ross Constructors, we are helping to turn this 1914 former bank and office building into 28 market rate apartments. Beneath the dust, this historic beauty has charm found from floor to ceiling, including mosaic tile flooring, custom iron railings, white marble wainscoting, and intricate plaster ceiling details. As you can see from the construction photos, we have a ways to go, but we will keep you updated as the transformation nears an end. #nationalpreservationmonth
The Lofts at 505 are currently pre-leasing for Fall of 2022, reach out to lofts505@accesscommercial.com for inquiries!
From the Lund-Ross Constructors fb page. And the Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture fb page. See https://www.facebook.com/APMArchitecture/ for more photos

TransitOriented
Library Board

Post by TransitOriented »

This link has many more photos : https://www.facebook.com/loftsat505/