Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Tanking a Sandhills Business

Post by Coyote »

What the ??? Just what is a 'heavy-duty Hasting's stock tank'

Tanking puts new spin on Sand Hills river adventure
Omaha World Herald wrote:Mitch Glidden's new business is tanking. And business has never been better. A relaxing tank ride down the Middle Loup River allows an intimate view of the Sand Hills not seen from the road.

Glidden added several stock tanks to his stable of canoes and kayaks at his Mullen, Neb., business, Glidden Canoe Rental, for rides through the Sand Hills down the Middle Loup River. At first glance, these heavy-duty Hastings stock tanks don't look like they would even float. But their buoyancy is surprising.
'Tanking' becoming popular activity on the rivers
North Platte Telegraph wrote:Take a large stock tank, put in patio carpet, place some benches inside and have eight individuals per tank can see the serene and scenic beauty of the Nebraska Sandhills via the Middle Loup River
jcitta
Home Owners Association

Post by jcitta »

This is becoming very popular. Just a big horse water tank (like the ones under a windmill). You can sit in there with all your buddies with your cooler and have a good time. Everyone always thinks it will be uncomfortable...but it is actually quite comfortable.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

You can lead a horse water tank to the water but you can't make it ... wait a second here :lol:
First I have heard of this recreational opportunity.
ladyred
Home Owners Association

Post by ladyred »

Leave it to Mitch to figure out a way to party on the river and not have to worry about the drunks falling out!! :lol:
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes

There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]Image[/url]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I just got back from our annual canoe trip up to the Niobrara and at the end of the trip we discussed next years plans, and someone brought up the Idea of going to the Loup river. I went up a day early to take pictures and camped the first nigh on the Loup River. The Niobrara is very rockey and the Loop is all sand. However the Niobrara has much better secenery and lots of waterfalls.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

When I read this I noticed the Elkhorn River companies are twice as much as two of the others.  I guess that is what no competition lets you do.  :lol:
Coyote
City Council

Re: Tanking a Sandhills Business

Post by Coyote »

http://www.tankdown.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was on 1620, the Great Outdoor Radio Show. Tank Down the Elkhorn is a new website for tanking down the Elkhorn. Tanks made here in Columbas NE, at Baylin Co.
Did tanking get started in the sandhills?