Expansion in Columbus

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

jcitta
Home Owners Association

Expansion in Columbus

Post by jcitta »

http://www.columbustelegram.com/article ... camaco.txt
COLUMBUS - Ford Motor Co.'s plans to slam the brakes on production through the end of the year won't stall contracts the automaker signed recently with a Columbus manufacturer
Camaco will break ground in August on a $1.2 million 53,000 square-foot building expansion, swelling the company's plant capacity from about 285,000 square-feet to nearly 340,000 square-feet. Capital investment will also include $4.6 million for two large transfer presses, $1.3 million for transfer dies and $4 million for welding and automation equipment.
The process of hiring new workers in Columbus began with the addition of more robotics technicians. The new jobs will increase Camaco's employee rolls from 450 to 630.

jcitta
Home Owners Association

Post by jcitta »

And some other news from Columbus:
COLUMBUS - Menards plans to have land purchased to build a new 240,000 square feet building by this time next week.
Marv Prochaska, of Menards' home office in Eau Claire, Wis., said the store is within days of finalizing plans to buy 20 acres on the rapidly growing east side of Columbus.
The land, adjacent to J.C. Penney, is owned by Dial Properties of Omaha, which has developed Village Centre Mall along 23rd Street. Menards would be part of Dial's Phase II development.
The new store will about double the 80 employees who man the present location, growing to 150-175 workers
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I was just out in Columbus for their marching band festival... their Village Centre is a very nice looking development... complete with a little 'main street' lifestyle element. I would guess Shadow Lake's JC Penny's will end up looking similar. I'm always impressed with Columbus, I always figured it would be 'dying on the vine', seemingly isolated between I-80 and Highway 275... but I guess it has carved out a niche as a hub between these two corridors. It seems to have a very strong manufacturing sector (on display as you enter town from the east)

... and their downtown district is very nice, well maintained... makes for a great setting in which Millard North can show off on their way to winning the festival trophy. :P

jcitta
Home Owners Association

Post by jcitta »

Well Im glad you enjoyed your visit to Columbus! It is just to the east of JC Penny that the new Menards will be built, along with a new rumor that I just heard, that a Kohls will be building next to the Menards as well. And congratulations to Millard North.
Hellenistic Kshatriya
Home Owners Association

Post by Hellenistic Kshatriya »

Nice... I missed the parade siding a house but get to see my brother anyway :).