Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater, Candleshoe

edsas
Human Relations

Re: Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter

Postby edsas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Been a tough decade for Nebraska-based HQs. I really don't see how this will do anything but decimate Sydney. :(

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:30 pm

edsas wrote:Been a tough decade for Nebraska-based HQs. I really don't see how this will do anything but decimate Sydney. :(

Agreed.

Interestingly, Bass Pro has no issues with their new HQ’s remaining in much smaller Springfield, MO.. But yet a much larger metro like Omaha, does not have enough talent to sustain Pepperjax Grill HQ’s.. So new ownership just had to move their HQ’s to Denver, Colorado.. I already called BS on the reasoning for that move..

But I digress, very sad for the city of Sydney, NE indeed...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Bass Pro begins detailing what Cabela's operations will stay in Sidney; no word on cuts

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-beg ... 639ba.html

Paige Yowell / World-Herald staff writer wrote:All of Cabela’s retail stores in Nebraska — in Sidney, Kearney and La Vista — also will remain open, the document said, as will its credit card operation in Lincoln.

IT, “significant” Accounting, distribution center, credit card center, and all call centers to remain.
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Brad wrote:Bass Pro begins detailing what Cabela's operations will stay in Sidney; no word on cuts

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-beg ... 639ba.html

Paige Yowell / World-Herald staff writer wrote:All of Cabela’s retail stores in Nebraska — in Sidney, Kearney and La Vista — also will remain open, the document said, as will its credit card operation in Lincoln.

IT, “significant” Accounting, distribution center, credit card center, and all call centers to remain.

Just read this online. For now it sounds like it will be a decent representation in Nebraska. Could have shut it all down.

I like the part ( to paraphrase) where they will consolidate all the Sydney Operations to one building and offer to lease the other to someone who wants to bring new business to Sydney for $1 a year effectively donating the building use to Sydney. At least that is how I understood what was reported.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Bass Pro has added Cabela's to their sponsorship of Ryan Newman's #31 Chevrolet Camaro. Bass pro is one of 3 primary sponsors for the #31 so it won't be there every race.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 pm

It looks more and more to me like they are going to maintain both brand names for at least a while. Not what I expected.

OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Postby OmahaJaysCU » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Anyone else notice a lot more tv advertising for Cabelas since the change?

Candleshoe
Human Relations

Postby Candleshoe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm

OmahaJaysCU wrote:Anyone else notice a lot more tv advertising for Cabelas since the change?

Pretty normal action to try to pad the bank account with sales and promotions before the changeover. Time Warner was discounting TV and Internet packages like crazy before the Spectrum takeover.

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Candleshoe wrote:
OmahaJaysCU wrote:Anyone else notice a lot more tv advertising for Cabelas since the change?

Pretty normal action to try to pad the bank account with sales and promotions before the changeover. Time Warner was discounting TV and Internet packages like crazy before the Spectrum takeover.

The take over is done.

I have been in the store too in La Vista and it seems to me anyway that inventory is up including the Cabala's branded items.

Garrett
Parks & Recreation

Postby Garrett » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 pm

nebugeater wrote:
Candleshoe wrote:

The take over is done.

I have been in the store too in La Vista and it seems to me anyway that inventory is up including the Cabala's branded items.

Cabela's seems to be primarily located in the Appalachia, the Midwest, West, and Western Canada while Bass Pro is more Southern, Northeastern and California focused. I wonder if it will basically just be a sort of Carl's Jr./Hardee's type situation.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

jessep28
Planning Board

Postby jessep28 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:13 am

It's not unusual for companies to maintain two brands for several years after an acquisition, and then merge the two. There are also companies like Kroger who will run purchased stores under the old name, but you can tell from private label products, etc, that it's a Kroger store.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

Return to “Nebraska and Iowa”