Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater, Candleshoe

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Cabela's will add Sidney office space

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2292661

Cabela's Inc. plans to make room for 210 more employees in its downtown Sidney, Neb., office building by renovating it and building an addition.

The company said Wednesday it will add 40,000 square feet to the 27,500-square-foot building, which now holds 60 employees. The addition will make room for 170. Renovation of the existing building, a former Alco retail store, will accommodate another 40.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm

Impressive, that's a nice little bit of job growth for Sidney.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20826
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:53 pm

No kidding. With a Sidney 2000 Population of 6282 that is like adding 21000 jobs in Omaha!
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 pm

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130827/MONEY/130828990/1697#cabela-s-to-expand-corporate-offices-in-sidney-neb

Cabela's, the hunting and outdoor outfitter, said Tuesday it plans to expand its Sidney-based corporate offices with the addition of a new office building, located immediately west of its headquarters.

Construction of the building is scheduled to begin spring 2014 and be completed by early 2015. The new structure will complement — not replace — the retailer's existing corporate headquarters, which opened in 1998, company officials said.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Aren't they also donating 1 million towards a new school,along with the land to build it on?  Think I remember hearing that recently but may be wrong.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 pm

nebugeater wrote:Aren't they also donating 1 million towards a new school,along with the land to build it on?  Think I remember hearing that recently but may be wrong.


That was in the news yesterday, maybe two days ago?  It is sort of astonishing how a company can employ 2000 in a city and the city still have less than 7000 people.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Found more info, this is a HUGE project.

http://www.kotanow.com/story/23279397/cabelas-announces-big-plans-for-city-of-sidney

Cabela's Outdoor Outfitter has unveiled a $34 million dollar 'Campus Expansion Plan' that will, over the next several years, expand the company's current corporate headquarters.

The new plans are expected to add at least 300 new jobs, with the possibility of many more to open up in the coming years.

Sidney City Manager Gary Person says the city already has several long-term projects underway to gear up for the expansion.

"We've addressed all major issues like water, waste water, landfill, long-term electrical needs," Person said. We have all those projects in place and operating and we've planned well for our future. We've planned for our expansion."


Wow.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:51 pm

nebugeater wrote:Aren't they also donating 1 million towards a new school,along with the land to build it on?  Think I remember hearing that recently but may be wrong.


Here is the news from the other day.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130827/NEWS/130829088/1697

The elementary school would be built on what is now farmland. The site is on the east edge of Sidney on a 480-acre tract where Cabela's is helping develop about 730 house lots to help alleviate a chronic housing shortage.

Cabela's owns most of the development site where the school, houses and a new medical center are planned. In addition to its $1 million pledge, Cabela's plans to donate the land where the school would be built if the bond issue passes, said Wes Remmer, a company spokesman.

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2382
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Postby jessep28 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 pm

I thought about applying for a job out at their corporate offices a couple years ago. But apparently the housing situation isn't the best, and I would potentially be living/commuting to/from Colorado.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 am
Location: New York City..Soon To Be Omaha
Contact:

Postby guitarguy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Could be worse.. you could be commuting from Wyoming.. hahaha

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 am

jessep28 wrote:I thought about applying for a job out at their corporate offices a couple years ago. But apparently the housing situation isn't the best, and I would potentially be living/commuting to/from Colorado.


Yeah, I've read in a couple articles that major builders see it as a risk so Cabela's has had to largely take it upon themselves to develop houses. I think this article (or the one with about the donation for a school) talks about how Cabela's is developing a 730ish home subdivision on the city's east side to help with the housing issue.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 am

Good read about Cabela's sticking with Sidney and what they are doing to help the housing crunch.

http://www.omaha.com/money/even-during-rapid-expansion-cabela-s-embraces-small-panhandle-city/article_98ab3fff-ebd7-566e-af45-3adc64470735.html

Consequently, she said, the city has plenty of income-restricted housing, built with the help of government tax credits, and a supply of new high-end custom homes. But there’s a shortage of mid-range homes that midcareer professionals and their families look to buy. The 72-unit, market-rate apartment complex that Cabela’s opened last year is now more than 80 percent leased, even with rents that would be considered competitive in Omaha, starting at $790 a month for a one-bedroom unit.

“No other retailer would do that,” said Joyelle Kennedy, Cabela’s senior corporate properties manager, calling it a sign of being invested in Sidney.
More housing is set for construction this year, with real estate subsidiary Cabela’s Ventures developing The Ranch, a master-planned community that could eventually include 720 homes, Person said.

That investment — plus Cabela’s headquarters expansion near Interstate 80, set to open in January — is the latest sign Cabela’s is here to stay. Those projects come on top of the $9 million renovation, in 2013, of the company’s original downtown Sidney office building.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:10 am

Everything is not rosy for Cabala's In Sydney right now. No word on the exact numbers but it sounds like they did some restructuring and layoffs. Hopefully it is just positioning for the future because they seem to be growing.

If the 4% is accurate mentioned in this story and the 2000 employees mentioned in other earlier articles is still accurate then this impacted around 80 people loosing jobs.



http://www.omaha.com/money/cabela-s-res ... 13743.html

SIDNEY, Neb. — Cabela’s confirmed Thursday that it has completed a corporate office restructure and reduction in force affecting approximately four percent of corporate outfitters.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby daveoma » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Did I read this correctly? They laid off the mayor? !

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3828
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Linkin5 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Bad news, you lose your job. Good news, you get to move away from Sidney.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby daveoma » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:31 am

Linkin5 wrote:Bad news, you lose your job. Good news, you get to move away from Sidney.


:lol:

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 am

Cabela's about to get ConAgraed?

riceweb
Home Owners Association
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby riceweb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:27 am

iamjacobm wrote:Cabela's about to get ConAgraed?


In what way?

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:50 am

http://www.omaha.com/money/activist-inv ... 1ee99.html

Activist investor announces large stake in Cabela's, calling for changes


The investor said the Cabela's shares are "significantly undervalued." To "unlock" the value, investor Elliott Associates said in a government filing Wednesday, it wants to talk to Cabela's board about a number of options. Those options could include the sale of the company. Other "strategic alternatives" exist, New York-based Elliott said.


This way
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Brad » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:35 am

Activist investor


While I like wall street and really like what its done for my 401K, I do hate the "Activist Investors" that wasn't to up-root employees and destroy communities.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby RNcyanide » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Should we say goodbye to Cabela's now, or later?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Garrett » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Maybe Omaha would get lucky and they would be forced to move here...
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm

I read elsewhere that this "investor" has 11% of the stock. Hopefull that is small enough that he does not have a big enough stick.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:31 pm

nebugeater wrote:I read elsewhere that this "investor" has 11% of the stock. Hopefull that is small enough that he does not have a big enough stick.


Jana has 7.2% of ConAgra's and was able to get two board members replaced by people they backed.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
nebugeater wrote:I read elsewhere that this "investor" has 11% of the stock. Hopefull that is small enough that he does not have a big enough stick.


Jana has 7.2% of ConAgra's and was able to get two board members replaced by people they backed.



For some reason I was thinking he had a much larger % than that.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Brad » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 am

nebugeater wrote:I read elsewhere that this "investor" has 11% of the stock. Hopefull that is small enough that he does not have a big enough stick.


Omaha World-Herald wrote:ABOUT ELLIOTT ASSOCIATES
Headquarters: New York
Founder: Paul Singer

Strategy: “I’m almost always assuming or forcing myself to assume that the world is managed poorly and that the experts — including the experts that I hire that give me advice — don’t really know what’s going on, and I have to take all of their advice with grains and grains of salt,” Singer said in a 2013 interview with Institutional Investor magazine.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:20 am

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:I read elsewhere that this "investor" has 11% of the stock. Hopefull that is small enough that he does not have a big enough stick.


Omaha World-Herald wrote:ABOUT ELLIOTT ASSOCIATES
Headquarters: New York
Founder: Paul Singer

Strategy: “I’m almost always assuming or forcing myself to assume that the world is managed poorly and that the experts — including the experts that I hire that give me advice — don’t really know what’s going on, and I have to take all of their advice with grains and grains of salt,” Singer said in a 2013 interview with Institutional Investor magazine.



Maybe he should reflect his stratigy on his own management style.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Brad » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:21 am

nebugeater wrote:Maybe he should reflect his stratigy on his own management style.


He comes of as a really really horrible person in that quote...

And after reading that, I would be willing to bet, Cabella's is gone...
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Garrett » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:44 pm

The main reason I'm hopeful is that the CEO and I'm assuming the board are all Nebraskans. It was one thing with ConAgra where Connolly was living in Chicago and didn't want to move before the Jana deal. We'll see though.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

Sunshine12
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Sunshine12 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:25 pm

There is no way Cabelas is going to leave Sidney. Who wants to move to a big noisy smelley city where you have to battle the traffic, crime and God knows what else. People come to Cabelas to get good jobs and to live in a smaller community. Sidney is booming and no one, not Elliott especially is going to stop that. Cabelas is strongly committed and deeply entrenched in Sidney. I cannot even understand why ConAgra would relocate to a city like Chicago. In a recent study, Chicago is the second city in the US that people want to get AWAY from.

User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby PotatoeEatsFish » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:29 am

Downtown Chicago is actually nicer than New York... just saying.
I got that Milf $

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2382
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby jessep28 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:51 am

Sunshine12 wrote:There is no way Cabelas is going to leave Sidney. Who wants to move to a big noisy smelley city where you have to battle the traffic, crime and God knows what else. People come to Cabelas to get good jobs and to live in a smaller community. Sidney is booming and no one, not Elliott especially is going to stop that. Cabelas is strongly committed and deeply entrenched in Sidney. I cannot even understand why ConAgra would relocate to a city like Chicago. In a recent study, Chicago is the second city in the US that people want to get AWAY from.


Activist investors could care less about that stuff. Their game is all about boosting the stock price of the companies they invest in. Uprooting or selling a company in a "podunk" western Nebraska town is fine as long as the value of their shares goes up. These investors are modern day corporate raiders like what was popular in the 80's.

I'm Libertarian leaning and understand that sacrifices are inevitable in the name of capitalism, but it just pains me to see these investors go in and destroy communities just to make a buck.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Brad » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Bass Pro Shops considering offer to buy Cabela's, according to report

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-sho ... f48b3.html

Bass Pro Shops is considering an offer to buy Cabela's, according to a Reuters news service report.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

swinquest
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby swinquest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:52 am

Brad wrote:Bass Pro Shops considering offer to buy Cabela's, according to report

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-sho ... f48b3.html

Bass Pro Shops is considering an offer to buy Cabela's, according to a Reuters news service report.


NO NO NO NO.....growing up in Kearney, Cabela's was the prime outdoor's spot to go. If Bass purchases Cabela's, I think it should only be select stores, but keep the Cabela's name in smaller towns. Maybe it doesn't belong in the bigger markets, like Omaha, but Kearney and Sidney like this small town company. I have always preferred Cabela's over the others, but then again, that is because this was the only store I knew growing up!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6162
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby nebugeater » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 am

swinquest wrote:
Brad wrote:Bass Pro Shops considering offer to buy Cabela's, according to report

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-sho ... f48b3.html

Bass Pro Shops is considering an offer to buy Cabela's, according to a Reuters news service report.


NO NO NO NO.....growing up in Kearney, Cabela's was the prime outdoor's spot to go. If Bass purchases Cabela's, I think it should only be select stores, but keep the Cabela's name in smaller towns. Maybe it doesn't belong in the bigger markets, like Omaha, but Kearney and Sidney like this small town company. I have always preferred Cabela's over the others, but then again, that is because this was the only store I knew growing up!!


If it happens it will be all or nothing I am sure.

Interested in your comment above, What would drive the thought that Cabela's doesn't belong in larger markets?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

swinquest
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby swinquest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am

nebugeater wrote:
swinquest wrote:
Brad wrote:Bass Pro Shops considering offer to buy Cabela's, according to report

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-sho ... f48b3.html

Bass Pro Shops is considering an offer to buy Cabela's, according to a Reuters news service report.


NO NO NO NO.....growing up in Kearney, Cabela's was the prime outdoor's spot to go. If Bass purchases Cabela's, I think it should only be select stores, but keep the Cabela's name in smaller towns. Maybe it doesn't belong in the bigger markets, like Omaha, but Kearney and Sidney like this small town company. I have always preferred Cabela's over the others, but then again, that is because this was the only store I knew growing up!!


If it happens it will be all or nothing I am sure.

Interested in your comment above, What would drive the thought that Cabela's doesn't belong in larger markets?


I think it is the name recognition...people I have talked to have preferred Bass because of that. If there are no outdoor stores currently in the area, then that may be where Cabela's may strive, but coming in to a market where there is already a similar store, I think that there may be a bit of a struggle.

Just my own point of view. I don't know all of the financials and how they fare in each market.

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3828
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Linkin5 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:56 pm

swinquest wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
swinquest wrote:
Brad wrote:Bass Pro Shops considering offer to buy Cabela's, according to report

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-sho ... f48b3.html

Bass Pro Shops is considering an offer to buy Cabela's, according to a Reuters news service report.


NO NO NO NO.....growing up in Kearney, Cabela's was the prime outdoor's spot to go. If Bass purchases Cabela's, I think it should only be select stores, but keep the Cabela's name in smaller towns. Maybe it doesn't belong in the bigger markets, like Omaha, but Kearney and Sidney like this small town company. I have always preferred Cabela's over the others, but then again, that is because this was the only store I knew growing up!!


If it happens it will be all or nothing I am sure.

Interested in your comment above, What would drive the thought that Cabela's doesn't belong in larger markets?


I think it is the name recognition...people I have talked to have preferred Bass because of that. If there are no outdoor stores currently in the area, then that may be where Cabela's may strive, but coming in to a market where there is already a similar store, I think that there may be a bit of a struggle.

Just my own point of view. I don't know all of the financials and how they fare in each market.


Pamida tried to make a living out of having stores in locations primarily where there were not Walmarts, worked for a while until it didn't.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby bigredmed » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Bass pro has good boating. OK firearms. Walmart level archery. No hiking stuff that is any good. By buying Cabelas and using them for their shooting sports base, Bass could build up a nation wide access point for a sport that is increasing. You could also go up against REI in the hiking area.

User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Omaha_Gabe » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Why couldn't or wouldn't they keep the Cabellas name. They can buy it .... doesn't necessarily mean they have to convert them to bass, they can run two divisions under different names and separate companies.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20826
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Cabela's will add Sidney office space

Postby Coyote » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am

Image


Return to “Nebraska and Iowa”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests