Webb Rd. development

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

gisbuxfan
Library Board

Webb Rd. development

Post by gisbuxfan »

Hey, anyone in Grand Island know about what is going in behind Home Depot along Webb Rd? They just graded the land a few days ago. There has been a contractor's truck sitting back there for quite some time now, so I don't know how fast anything might come of this.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

I had heard it's a franchise location of Barista's Daily Grind. Barista's corporate is in bad shape right now financially, but this being a franchise location it may be fine. Got this from a realtor, so it's probably good info. Should be interesting to see how this works being just a few blocks from the new Starbucks...
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

The problem that Starbucks has is that for those out of town travelers, its hard to find if you have already passed the Old Potash entrance. Of course, I don't see this being near as bad as if Baristas goes in here with absolutley no visibility from Hwy 281. I am curious to see if another exit off 281 is made for Starbucks, Kohl's, TJ Maxx. I hear that has been a big complaint for that area especially with Jimmy John's and Coldstone Creamery opening up in that strip mall.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

Barista's Daily Grind is now open!