'08 Senate Race

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

DTO Luv wrote:I'm just going to be a write in candidate. With my vast political knowledge I should be a shoe in.

So Big E, do you want to be my Vice Senator?
Does that pay better than Co-Pimp?

-Big E
Stable genius.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

You do know that Ron Paul is funded by White Supremacists, right?
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

Paul, writing in his independent political newsletter in 1992, reported about unspecified surveys of blacks.

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action,"Paul wrote.

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although "we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/ ... 010033.php

16 years ago he made racist remarks.  

Please dont tell me you believe that garbage- Ron Paul is not a racist - in fact he runs on a platform of empowerment.  If anything he is too blunt but he never sugar coats anything.  Most of his comments on race are basically the exact same thing Bill Cosby says...he just can't say it because he is white.

BTW - DC is a |expletive| hole - I agree totally with his assessment.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

His current campaign has been funded by well known White Supremacists whose contributions he has refused to return or give to charity.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

His current campaign has been funded

Don't know much about the man but looked up news reports --- the amount is stated as $500. I am guessing that might buy him a second of TV time at a low rent station.  :lol:
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

Swift wrote:His current campaign has been funded by well known White Supremacists whose contributions he has refused to return or give to charity.
If you believe that his campaign is being funded by "white supremacists" - let me assure you this is not the case.  Most of his supporters are much like myself - ultra conservative and tired of paying 40k a year in various taxes.  We are tired of the current leadership voter shopping prescription drug programs while robbing our children's future.  The only "racist" idea he has is to stop giving aid to all countries and to end welfare as we know it.  We have families that are 8th generation welfare check recipients and we allow this to continue.  We have people that are "disabled" literally abusing the system.  If you have DVR - record Judge Judy sometime and you will know my stance on these people.

His "racist" comments were directed toward questions about why blacks generally don't like his politics - and he was saying in a blunt way that the black community tolerates single moms and welfare recipients WAY more than the white community.  I don't pretend to know if its true or not as I am not black - but I can tell you that I look down on people that suck off the system and expect hand outs.  I remember working for Sitel when I was 16 and a paraplegic man was working next to me using.  In fact I think that was the day I truly became conservative.  The man accepted no hand outs but he did accept our help opening doors and filling out his time sheet.  When people don't work for what they have - they have no self respect.

If these are "racist" ideas - count me as a racist.  

You can break down his ideas into this - he expects everyone to contribute to society - no matter what color you are.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

So far you've called him "racist" a half dozen times... while all I've said is that his campaign has received funding from well known White Supremacists. Usually when a campaign receives money from controversial groups, they return it or donate it to charity, but Paul has not.

As Uffda said, we're not talking about millions of dollars here...so it's not like returning this money or donating it to charity is going to bankrupt his campaign. Yet he has chosen to keep the money...which amounts to a tacit endorsement of that ideology.

So he's either 1) a bad politician or 2) in favor of white supremacy.  Now I sort of doubt that it is #2, but my point is simply that he's not electable.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

As i guess if we were talking about taking and keeping money from select groups we would have to look at all the money taken in by all the politicians... I sure someone could find something objectionable about quite a few of them.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Uffda wrote:As i guess if we were talking about taking and keeping money from select groups we would have to look at all the money taken in by all the politicians... I sure someone could find something objectionable about quite a few of them.
As I said before, most the money received from controversial sources is given to charity or returned. For example, Clinton's campaign received money from some guy in California who was convicted of fraud or something similar. Her campaign returned the money.
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

I just can't believe that you believe that he is a racist - believe whatever you want to...

I am a racist as well then because I believe that people should not receive hand outs and actually work for a living...

that makes me a racist as well.

that also makes Bill Cosby and Martin Luther King racists as well...

Because he kept 500 bucks from a racist...he is a racist as well... excellent logic.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

That's the way politics work. It doesn't make sense.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

OK - can we move on from calling people racists now and get back to real discussions? Thank you.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Agreed. DTO Luv Senate '08!
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

NDizona wrote:We have families that are 8th generation welfare check recipients and we allow this to continue.  We have people that are "disabled" literally abusing the system.  If you have DVR - record Judge Judy sometime and you will know my stance on these people.
-Amen.  A good friend of mine is a Home Health Physical Therapist for Alegent, working primarily in the Northeast part of town.  He was a flaming liberal before he got his job.  Now, he has made a few observations:

1. The injury rate (usually work related injuries) are MUCH higher in this part of town than anywhere else.
2. Over 50% of the patients he has have MANY more toys (big screen tv's, playstation 3's, surround sound stereos, etc.) than he has (making a great living).

It is sad to realize that of the less than 50% who will vote this fall, the VAST VAST VAST majority will simply vote for the candidate who promises to give them the most for nothing.
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

-Amen.  A good friend of mine is a Home Health Physical Therapist for Alegent, working primarily in the Northeast part of town.  He was a flaming liberal before he got his job.  Now, he has made a few observations:

1. The injury rate (usually work related injuries) are MUCH higher in this part of town than anywhere else.
2. Over 50% of the patients he has have MANY more toys (big screen tv's, playstation 3's, surround sound stereos, etc.) than he has (making a great living).

It is sad to realize that of the less than 50% who will vote this fall, the VAST VAST VAST majority will simply vote for the candidate who promises to give them the most for nothing.
Welcome to the Libertarian party :)

I think people really misunderstand our party's position on race...  Allow me to clarify.  I have a "little brother" through big brothers big sisters and the mom of the child is my perfect example of everything that is wrong in this country - she is an alcoholic, former meth user, highschool drop out...you know the typical american...

and she lives in a fairly nice apartment in Ralston, has a big screen TV, lots of DVDs, another TV for her kid, never cooks and only eats out ... HAS NOT HAD A JOB IN 11 YEARS, has enjoyed status as DISABLED!!! and gets monthly checks...

She is obviously a single mom that makes a pretty solid living on government sponsored welfare and child support....her son has an IQ of around 85 and has literally never been taught ANYTHING practical by his mother.  He is not retarded - just simply has such a bad home life its almost impossible for him to learn anything...

She is white - you think it matters to anyone what color she is - WRONG IS WRONG...AND THIS IS WRONG.

The question is - do you vote for enablers that will allow people like this to continue to suck off the government tit or will you elect someone that will say enough is enough and make them gain some self respect?
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

As I said before, most the money received from controversial sources is given to charity or returned.
So I feel all money given by the insurance industry, medical industry, oil/gas/coal/energy industries, auto industry, education associations, lawyers, AARP etc etc etc should be given to charity or returned...  :lol:
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Uffda wrote:
As I said before, most the money received from controversial sources is given to charity or returned.
So I feel all money given by the insurance industry, medical industry, oil/gas/coal/energy industries, auto industry, education associations, lawyers, AARP etc etc etc should be given to charity or returned...  :lol:
So do I, but then again you don't regularly hear any of those lobbys going around promoting the killing of one group of people (like you do with White Supremacists).

NDizona- I never once said your candidate was a racist. I said his campaign has been financed by white supremacists. You, however, have associated the word racist with Ron Paul 12 times in 3 posts.

And I agree with you that the current state of the well fare system leaves much to be desired. The idea that cutting these people off from well fare will "solve" the problem is a bit short sited, in my opinion, but I recognize that there are many different valid views on this argument.

In my view, you'd need to cure Americans' sense of entitlement before you'd be able to get the leeches off of well fare. You have to change these people's minds (the leeches, not the people who actually deserve wellfare) because they feel they're entitled to a big screen TV with all the trimmings without having to work...which just isn't realistic and doesn't fulfill their end of the social contract that comes with living in a civilized society.

It's that same entitlement that makes people think they deserve to drive an SUV or shouldn't have to pay taxes.  :P  I kid, I kid.

but seriously.... :shock:
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

NDizona- I never once said your candidate was a racist. I said his campaign has been financed by white supremacists. You, however, have associated the word racist with Ron Paul 12 times in 3 posts.
People certainly would infer that from your post.
And I agree with you that the current state of the well fare system leaves much to be desired. The idea that cutting these people off from well fare will "solve" the problem is a bit short sited, in my opinion, but I recognize that there are many different valid views on this argument.
Why?  I will say this for my party - our solutions are simple...mainly because they are simple problems that we make into complex ones.  Are you afraid a couple people will starve or go homeless?  We have a god given right to be able to fail.  When government doesn't allow us to fail - its easy to remain worthless.  
In my view, you'd need to cure Americans' sense of entitlement before you'd be able to get the leeches off of well fare. You have to change these people's minds (the leeches, not the people who actually deserve wellfare) because they feel they're entitled to a big screen TV with all the trimmings without having to work...which just isn't realistic and doesn't fulfill their end of the social contract that comes with living in a civilized society.
You want to change people's sense of entitlement that has been around for literally 8 generations?  RIGHT..!!!  If there was a better solution - our prostitute politicians would have found it.  Our country has been bought and sold to the highest bidder - and to keep the lower class from rising up the welfare state was created so that they would only rise up upon themselves.  Take away someone's welfare and they come after the government...

Also - obviously there are people that need welfare in the short term (and long term for that matter) for a variety of reasons.  Maybe 10%...(Very generous assessment)

What you people just don't see is the state of collapse our country is in - morally, financially, and mentally....

Morally
We think its ok for the government to tell us whats right and whats not when we should be able to decide for ourselves what right vs wrong is.  We spend more time debating smoking in bars and gambling when we should let the society decide for itself.  

Financially
Our national debt is now at about $125,000/per us citizen.  That is a truly unmanageable debt that we keep piling on.  What do we do to combat this?  Keep Social Security as it is, add prescription drug programs we can't afford, and make promises we cannot keep.  Our dollar is collapsing because the rest of the world questions our solvency.  We have oil reserves but refuse to drill and spend our time researching corn ethanol despite its obvious short comings as a viable alternative energy source.  Which direction do you think Hillary or Rudy will take us?

Mentally  
We have people graduating highschool that can't spell highschool.  Seriously - when are we going to stand up and notice that we have to outsource just about everyone of our skilled jobs because this next crop of workers cry because you say their work is bad?  Here's the thing - Libertarians don't think the answer is more dollars per student - its about parents acting like parents and caring about their children.  Think about what the NY school union has - an entire building to house the unfit teachers accused of various crimes because they cannot fire them.  School unions have to go...you think Hillary is the one to lead us?  

I really don't think the general public cares about the future of our country and doesn't think about the possibility of a failed America.  I am all about leveraging money but how can you leverage anymore when our national debt eclipses our ability to pay it back?  Why should I be paying for worthless Americans to watch Opera all day?  Let them starve on the street - I promise some will - most will rise out and make a life for themselves.  You have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

Forcing parents to either starve or succeed will make them better people and more fit to raise children.  Better parents will turn out better children.  Smarter children will have (hopefully) better children and the cycle goes on.  It all starts with responsibility.  When the real estate work dried up this year - I didn't go ask the government to give me money.  I went out and found new work and went into my savings.  For me going to the government is like the LAST resort.  If my parents were welfare leeches - maybe my morals would be different.  Thank goodness they werent.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

NDizona wrote:We have people graduating highschool that can't spell highschool.
And apparently some that think it is just one word. :;):

-Big E
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Big E wrote:
NDizona wrote:We have people graduating highschool that can't spell highschool.
And apparently some that think it is just one word. :;):

-Big E

Have I told you lately, that I love you!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Get off his shlong, he is already married..  :;):
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Brad wrote:Get off his shlong, he is already married..  :;):

It's ok. We're all cool.

the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Let's just train wreck this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOIEGz7o_s
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

the1wags wrote:Let's just train wreck this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOIEGz7o_s
LMAO......
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

NDizona wrote:
People certainly would infer that from your post.
Well you can infer whatever you want, but all I said was that his campaign has accepted financing from White Supremacists, and thus there is no way he would ever be elected, not in 2008 America.

I don't disagree (which isn't saying that I agree) with a lot of the libertarian (lower case L) political persuasion's beliefs. But to engage in a society that strives for libertarian ideals requires a true and philosophical discussion about metaphysical certitudes that most members of Libertarian Party (capital L) have not undertaken. Most of the people I've encountered who are Libertarians (capital L) are only in the party because they don't like people telling them what to do.

Well I don't like people telling me what to do either, but I recognize that sometimes the people telling me what to do are more cognizant of the issue at hand tham I am.

And anyway, I'm not trying to bring you to task on your political beliefs, I'm just playing devil's advocate because I enjoy a good political argument. In fact, if I wasn't so tired, I'd probably have a much more sassy response. :P
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

You think I am a Libertarian because I don't like people telling me what to do?

Its honestly the exact opposite - I don't feel like my beliefs should have power over another.  

IE - I think abortion is wrong and personally would never condone it - BUT I don't feel its my place to make something I personally find wrong illegal.  

IE - I think drugs are wrong but I don't think non violent people should go to jail because of their drug use.  

Ever watch COPS when they bust some old guy for soliciting a prostitute - I mean thats what we pay people for - busting old guys trying to get some action from a crack head hooker?  

Personal Choice - Free Will - Open Society - Closed Borders
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Raimondo enters race:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2 ... d=10249888
Omaha.com wrote:Columbus businessman Tony Raimondo today announced that he plans to run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Republican Chuck Hagel.
Bully to you, Tony, but I hope you have fun getting your |expletive| handed to you by Johanns.  Please prove me wrong.

-Big E
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I'm still running by the way so if you want to throw your vote away, vote for me. :)
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

I'm liking the libertarian party more and more!
NDizona
Library Board

Re: ..

Post by NDizona »

Erik wrote:I'm liking the libertarian party more and more!
Logic and reason has no place in politics.

SPEND SPEND SPEND until it hurts your children!

Thats the American way.
DTO Luv
City Council

Re: ..

Post by DTO Luv »

Erik wrote:I'm liking the libertarian party more and more!

Like I said, if you want to throw your vote away....:;):