Grand Island Building projects

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, DesMoines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Candleshoe
Human Relations

Grand Island Building projects

Post by Candleshoe »

Rather than start another category for each and every new project in GI, here's a catch all:

Progress on the new Westridge Middle School.

gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

Have you had an opportunity to tour the new school yet? It's really nice! The auditorium is spectacular and the library with all their iMac's...I was drooling. Anyways, I am waiting to here on when they will have their track finished. I heard in the original plans it was supposed to have been completed by the time track season began this year. So much for that...
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

BTW... congratulations to the Islanders plowing through the low seed path to win their first state baseball title.

Good to see the small town folk crashing the big city people's party once in a while.  ;)
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

Grand Island is getting a third new hotel.

http://www.theindependent.com/articles/ ... 992403.txt
The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott will be located immediately south of Home Depot just off of the busy Highway 281 corridor.

According to building plans submitted to the Grand Island Building Department, the Fairfield Inn will be four stories and have 103 rooms.

The Fairfield Inn is the third new hotel to come to Grand Island this year.

It will be located immediately north of the Holiday Inn Express being built at 3404 W. Faidley Ave.

The Holiday Inn Express is a three-story, 80-room hotel that also includes some suites.

Also to be complete next year, is an 82-room Best Western Inn and Suites at 2709 S. Locust St.
UNMCStudent
Home Owners Association

Post by UNMCStudent »

I've heard rumors of a Buffalo Wild Wings in GI -- true?
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

I've heard rumors of a Buffalo Wild Wings in GI -- true?

I'd heard that too, but the location that's been mentioned here before by Gisbuxfan doesn't seem big enough. I'd also heard that that building site is going to be a Verizon retail store. Which would give them a Service Center, a retail store and a mall kiosk all within about a three block area.
I checked what little I could find about the building permit and it just says "retail".
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

The location at 1108 Allen, I believe that just went up is a Verizon store. I couldn't believe it since there are so many other places to buy phones in that immediate area. Oh well, I am still keeping my fingers crossed for BW3.

At least the new Taco Johns will be going up soon!