Quick Trip Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2 ... d=10149809
Menard said he also has sold Charlie's Seafood & Grill, the restaurant at 8727 Maple St. that he closed early this year. He said the property will be turned into a gas station and convenience store.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

QT should be starting work there soon.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cdub wrote:QT should be starting work there soon.
Seriously?  That would be awesome, but need to see if its big enough?
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I am not even close to knowing why very few "nice" restaurants can succeed East of I-680 and North of Burt Street.  This huge section of Omaha has maybe 5% of the city's "white tablecloth" restaurants.  Charlie's was one of the few exceptions, offering good food in a nice atmosphere.  Now it is to become another gas station!  How sad.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

I have tried to find this parcel on the assessors web page in the past to see what the land was valued at,  but could never
get the address to return anything.   It would be interesting to see how much QT paid for it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They are starting to remove the Old Charlies on the creek.
jgomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jgomaha »

Any one happen to know what they are replacing it with?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

People posted above in previous posts that it was going to be a QT - Quick Trip.
jgomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jgomaha »

Thanks Brad!  Sorry about that... I didn't think it would go that far back...  just looked at 2008 stuff :)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo from Memorial Day weekend:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

According to today's Rel estate Transfers, QT bought the old Sinclair Station on 103rd and Fort Street.

I can't wait, now there will be one in either direction from my house!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Brad wrote:According to today's Rel estate Transfers, QT bought the old Sinclair Station on 103rd and Fort Street.

I can't wait, now there will be one in either direction from my house!
Oh really ... I pass that one every day.

They are also updating the Kwik Shop across the street. The guy there said they were closing after Labor Day, tearing down the old shop, and then opening the new one.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Omababe wrote:
Oh really ... I pass that one every day.

They are also updating the Kwik Shop across the street. The guy there said they were closing after Labor Day, tearing down the old shop, and then opening the new one.
The "new store coming soon" sign has been there for a couple years too.
Brad
City Council

Re: Quick Trip Business News

Post by Brad »

I’m not sure if it was mentioned before but the new Quiktrip at the stockyards is going to be one of the giant QT stores like they built on 72nd and the Hickory Street.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

The NW corner of I-80 & NE-370--where an old Standard station and Happy Chef used to be--looks like a QT is going in.
Last edited by damonhynes on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

damonhynes wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 pm The NE corner of I-80 & NE-370--where an old Standard station and Happy Chef used to be--looks like a QT is going in.
I go to the Kum & Go on the SE corner all the time and it is always miserably packed and busy. This will help fix that I am sure.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:47 pm
damonhynes wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 pm The NE corner of I-80 & NE-370--where an old Standard station and Happy Chef used to be--looks like a QT is going in.
I go to the Kum & Go on the SE corner all the time and it is always miserably packed and busy. This will help fix that I am sure.
It's not just that K&G--the one at Portal and Giles is twenty deep at the checkstand every weekday morning. The QT at 108 and M is only slightly better.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Dicon Construction posted today that they have started construction on a new QT at 117th & Giles in La Vista.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm Dicon Construction posted today that they have started construction on a new QT at 117th & Giles in La Vista.
Well if they follow the same plan as they have at I80 & 370 it will be open in about 3.4 years
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
milesej05
Home Owners Association

Post by milesej05 »

nebugeater wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 pm
Brad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm Dicon Construction posted today that they have started construction on a new QT at 117th & Giles in La Vista.
Well if they follow the same plan as they have at I80 & 370 it will be open in about 3.4 years
When did they announce that they were putting a QT in at I-80 and 370? Last I checked, the building is close to opening and has only been under construction for about 4 months.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

milesej05 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 pm
When did they announce that they were putting a QT in at I-80 and 370? Last I checked, the building is close to opening and has only been under construction for about 4 months.

They were under construction as far back as last June. There are posts on our NEIGHBORHOODS sight asking about what was being built there before there were any signs there saying who they were. i just checked on those post dates to confirm.

I was working in Omaha and have not for 2 1/2 years. I knew of the QT build while I was still in Omaha before I changed work locations and thought it would be a good stopping point for my morning drive that never worked out.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

QT at I-80 and NE-370 opened yesterday, I was there in the afternoon for my hot pretzel...
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

damonhynes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 pmQT at I-80 and NE-370 opened yesterday, I was there in the afternoon for my hot pretzel...
I filled up there on Friday, which I guess was the first day open. Very convenient! Easy in, easy out, and they had the price a few cents less than the others in the area.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omababe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 am
damonhynes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 pmQT at I-80 and NE-370 opened yesterday, I was there in the afternoon for my hot pretzel...
I filled up there on Friday, which I guess was the first day open. Very convenient! Easy in, easy out, and they had the price a few cents less than the others in the area.
I’ve been noticing the gas prices are a bit less at the QT which opened recently at 120th and Dodge as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:30 am
Omababe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 am
I’ve been noticing the gas prices are a bit less at the QT which opened recently at 120th and Dodge as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
It's been absolutely bargain-basement at Harry Anderson @ Q St in Millard. My app sez 2.289!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Filled for 2:24 at Costco on Saturday. Of course you need the membership
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

damonhynes wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am It's been absolutely bargain-basement at Harry Anderson @ Q St in Millard. My app sez 2.289!
That one and the one just west of the old Western Electric are quite often the lowest ones around.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was in the new QT today at 144 and West Center. The manager recognized me from a different store by our old house. He started chatting about the new location. Apparently the new store is the new "Small Store Prototype", its the smallest QT they have. He said its all they could fit on that lot. Most new stores are still the really large prototype they have used in several places around Omaha. He said QT is also really ramping up construction of the Truck Stop Prototype. He said some of those new truck stop stores have been out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around them.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm He said QT is also really ramping up construction of the Truck Stop Prototype. He said some of those new truck stop stores have been out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around them.
I think the one in Gretna (at I-80 & Hwy 370) is that type. There's a large fueling area for trucks and scale on the north side of that QT.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Platte City, MO was the first one I saw. It's a city unto itself :-) Joplin, MO is another one.