City Limits

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

justnick
Human Relations

City Limits

Post by justnick »

My sister was downtown yesterday and said City Limits had a sign that they were moving a few doors down? True? No?
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

They are moving into the old Homer's space.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

ThatGuy wrote:They are moving into the old Homer's space.
Groovy. But wasn't that supposed to be a restaurant? Not that I'm complaining about keeping retail over losing another freakin' restaurant, but I wonder what happened.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

It looks like the old Homers space was split in to two.  The other night I could see a new wall down the middle.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

Brad wrote:It looks like the old Homers space was split in to two.  The other night I could see a new wall down the middle.
I noticed that too. Plus, the entire former Homer's space is enormous compared to City Limits's  current location, so that they are splitting the place in two seems like a logical deduction.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Well I wonder why they are moving, and apparently just replicating themselves 30 feet to the east.
the scoop

Post by the scoop »

Homer's space is being split three ways. Half goes to City Limits on the easternmost bay. A quarter up front will be a lobby for the renovated living space up above. Old City Limits is going to become a Stokes party room.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

City Limits is now fully moved out of their old location and have taken up about half of the old Homer's (I didn't go in, but it looked like about half).

2 other things I noticed walking by:
1) The other half of the old Homer's doesn't have stairs or an entrance. The City Limits (new location) staircase does not stick out of the building, so assuming the owners wants to have identical entrances, it's going to take some work.
2) They were doing a bunch of brick work in the old City Limits. It looked like they were taking bricks out of the wall where window arches had been filled in, sort of making shelves. Honestly I could not tell if the bricks were coming out or going in (I didn't pay much attention before), but it looked like they were coming out.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

I put this in the Stokes Old Market thread but thought it would be relevant here as well. Stokes will be using the old City Limits as an event space.