News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

World Group Commercial Real Estate

Post by Brad »

World Group Commercial Real Estate

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110111/M ... althy-sign
Ross Boettcher WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Two prominent commercial real estate development and management firms in Omaha are merging, confident in the belief that the recession-battered industry is on the mend.

The merger of Seldin Co., an 88-year-old family-owned firm, and Coldwell Banker World Group will create World Group Commercial Real Estate, which will control more than 3 million square feet of retail, office and industrial space in the Omaha metro area, said executives of the two firms.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I am wondering how significant this is.  I don't know much about the real estate business so doe this mean possible new development or just more properties under one name?
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

iamjacobm wrote:I am wondering how significant this is.  I don't know much about the real estate business so doe this mean possible new development or just more properties under one name?
Probably just a typical move to become more competitive.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

No big deal.  Seldin was a player only with the 1950's development along Center between 114 & 140th.  They also built the Hojo on 72nd & Grover & the Sheraton at 118th & L.  They built a lot of apartments between here & Texas that they are keeping.  They also did a lot of low income apt mgt.  Never really a force in big Omaha developments.

Magid & Co. have tried a few things, i.e. Thompson Mile.  

To me its a yawner.  The original owners, the Seldins, are old & probably doing some house cleaning.  Sounds like estate planning to me.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

iamjacobm wrote:I am wondering how significant this is.  I don't know much about the real estate business so doe this mean possible new development or just more properties under one name?
I think this maybe just puts the combined company into fifth place commercial real estate wise behind CBRE/MEGA, GE Pacific Realty, NAI/NP Dodge and Investors Realty...the only difference you will probably notice is that there will be different for lease/sale signs in front of their listings.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Worldgroup now has "deeper pockets" and Trenton doesn't have to worry about everything that goes along with being the president.  Trenton can go out and Sale Sale Sale and not need to worry about Payroll, HR, Accounting, and other office type stuff.

Seldon will be able to concentrate on its Apartment complexes and also gain a lot of income off the commercial side.

win win for both teams.
Brad
City Council

Re: World Group Commercial Real Estate

Post by Brad »

Fast Forward 5 years....

Trenton, Jeff and at least one more have left Seldin/World Group and Joined NAI NP Dodge Commercial Real Estate.
Grow Omaha wrote:Grow Omaha co-hosts Trenton Magid and Jeff Beals are pleased to announce they have made a big change and are now affiliated with NAI NP Dodge Commercial Real Estate, the commercial real estate division of NP Dodge, Omaha’s largest full-service real estate company. The firm is the oldest family-owned real estate company in the U.S., with five consecutive generations of ownership dating back to 1855.
We have switched companies to bring even more resources to our commercial real estate clients. And don't worry -- The Grow Omaha show is here to stay and will be better than ever!