Archer Daniels Midland Co.

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Archer Daniels Midland Co.

Post by Coyote »

Could ADM and Omaha be a fit?
Barbara Soderlin: World-Herald staff writer wrote:Omaha can point to a dozen reasons why it outperforms Chicago as a possible home for Archer Daniels Midland Co., the Fortune 500 agricultural commodities processor based in Decatur, Ill., that announced Monday it's looking for a home for a new 200-person global headquarters and technology center.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Archer Daniels Midland Co.

Post by RNcyanide »

This could fill a suburban office building nicely. Maybe Sterling Ridge will get a new tenant here.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

While this would be great I think this is an extreme long shot.  Chicago is driving distance from where they will leave most of there Corp activities and the air in and out of Chicago will be a big piece. Would love to be proven wrong but I think Chicago is a lock.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This is a longer shot than Ardent Mills was.  Wishful thinking and a little bit of a reason to rah rah about the local economy in the paper is all I took from this article.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Apparently ADM is taking a page out of ConAgra's book and asking for $20 million in tax credits from Illinois to stay in the state.