Cox Gigabit Internet Omaha

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Cox Gigabit Internet Omaha

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/c ... -1.1071467
Cable company Cox Communications says it plans to boost Internet download speeds to 1 gigabit per second starting in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Omaha, Nebraska, late this year. That is dozens of times faster than typical broadband plans.
Looks like CenturyLink got Cox interested in improvements.
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Cox Gigabit Internet Omaha

Post by skinzfan23 »

Nice to see. Is the upgrade to current customers going to be free?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

1-gigabit service will be offered to Cox residential customers in Omaha by mid-2016
Cox Communications plans to offer 1-gigabit Internet service to all of its residential customers in the Omaha area by mid-2016. A 1-gigabit connection will cost residential customers about $99 a month. About three-quarters of Cox’s residential Internet customers now subscribe to its Preferred, Premier or Ultimate services.
Preferred offers 50 Mbps and costs about $50 a month. Premier delivers 100 Mbps for about $65 a month, and Ultimate offers 150 Mbps for $99 a month, Berkinshaw said.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I've been wondering who has been pushing fiber. I've seen crews pushing fiber all over town especially in midtown and downtown for a couple years now. I'm thinking this may be why but then again it could be centurylink with their gigabit pipes.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I've also noticed since last week my torrents are coming in roughly 3 times as fast as they used to and I haven't updated any of my services (with cox). Competition is good.
15-17, 26, 32
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

I believe CenturyLink is also pushing fiber as well to expand their Prism rollout.

You can tell that Cox is feeling the pressure, because they mail me a promotion every single week. I figure Cox has spent upwards of $50 on mailings in a failing attempt to get my business.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah there is a quite a little battle going on. We've been getting bombarded by CenturyLink marketing. They are even going door to door in our neighborhood for a 2nd time.

Greg