Fresh Thyme

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

Coyote
City Council

Re: Fresh Thyme

Postby Coyote » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Fresh Thyme is arriving in Omaha on February 22nd with TWO new locations. Reserve your $5 coupon today while supplies last!
Doors open at 7am and we'll be handing out free muffins and coffee to everyone in line. See you there!

13215 West Center Rd. Omaha, NE 68144
17550 Gold Plaza, Omaha, NE 68130

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:25 am

Coyote wrote:
Fresh Thyme is arriving in Omaha on February 22nd with TWO new locations. Reserve your $5 coupon today while supplies last!
Doors open at 7am and we'll be handing out free muffins and coffee to everyone in line. See you there!

13215 West Center Rd. Omaha, NE 68144
17550 Gold Plaza, Omaha, NE 68130

Drove by the one on West Center one evening this week including a loop through the parking lot. the 22nd gives them a bunch of days but it sure looked they had plenty left to do.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 pm

The new store on 132nd & Center opened a couple of days ago so I went there for the first time tonight. I never had been there before so I was kind of surprised by what I saw. I mean if you are into paying top dollar price for a bunch of brands you never heard of before then this is the place for you. This place is actually expensive! Personally its not my thing. I don't see me going there again anytime soon.

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:26 am

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:The new store on 132nd & Center opened a couple of days ago so I went there for the first time tonight. I never had been there before so I was kind of surprised by what I saw. I mean if you are into paying top dollar price for a bunch of brands you never heard of before then this is the place for you. This place is actually expensive! Personally its not my thing. I don't see me going there again anytime soon.

I guess there may be many brands you haven't heard of there if you do the bulk of your grocery shopping at the dollar store.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:34 am

nebugeater wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:The new store on 132nd & Center opened a couple of days ago so I went there for the first time tonight. I never had been there before so I was kind of surprised by what I saw. I mean if you are into paying top dollar price for a bunch of brands you never heard of before then this is the place for you. This place is actually expensive! Personally its not my thing. I don't see me going there again anytime soon.

I guess there may be many brands you haven't heard of there if you do the bulk of your grocery shopping at the dollar store.

I do the bulk of my grocery shopping at Hy-Vee for the most part skankyou very much. :P

bbinks
Human Relations

Postby bbinks » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Their produce and meat are cheaper than HyVee. And better quality.

Greg S
Planning Board

Postby Greg S » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am

Yeah they are definitely cheaper than Hy Vee.

Greg

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 am

They do have good produce at a reasonable price. I like their seafood and homemade chicken sausage also.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:09 pm

I just got their oven ready Sweet Bourbon Bacon Meatloaf at a very reasonable price. And they have Muffaletta mix there also :D

lonnie
Library Board

Postby lonnie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 pm

bbinks wrote:Their produce and meat are cheaper than HyVee. And better quality.

So true.

We now go to Fresh Thyme 2 or 3 times a week and Super Target once a week. The Fresh Thyme visits are smaller purchases, usually fresh, ready too eat items for the main meal. Clearly paper products and other generic staples are better purchased at Super Target.

We have found many of the Fresh Thyme labeled items to be very good and at a good-to-great price, depending on sales. for example; 'roasted red and yellow peppers' in a jar, 'oyster and soup' crackers are like no others (good for snacking as well as soups) and speaking of soup the 'chicken tortilla' soup is fresh and a little spicy ... all Fresh Thyme labeled items.

Their rotisserie chicken is always constantly good (per Maple and recent Lakeside location) unlike HyVee and Bakers per my experience.

Personally, now with both of these stores in close proximity (Lakeside), is a perfect setup for us.

Return to “Business”