BuilderTREND

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

BuilderTREND

Post by iamjacobm »

http://siliconprairienews.com/2014/10/s ... ry-office/
BuilderTREND, a construction software startup that began in 2006, has grown up.

The company moved into a new two story office earlier this fall and held an open house for the public Thursday where more than 300 people toured its new digs.

BuilderTREND’s software allows homebuilders to organize and communicate about their projects with client-homeowners, subcontractors, bankers and others. The new office is at 11711 Nicholas St. in Miracle Hills, a business park that is home to other startups like D3 Banking, Prairie Cloudware and venture capitalists, Treetop Ventures.

Co-founder Dan Houghton said they picked the building for its central location. They have people from every end of Omaha and even Elkhorn, Wahoo and Lincoln, so 114th and Dodge area is almost the middle of the city, Houghton said. It’s also surrounded with lots of good restaurants and bars.

The location and the size is an improvement as its original office, which they moved into five years ago with 12 people. Now it literally was busting at the seams, Houghton said.

The new 26,000-square-foot building, which they bought in May and finished renovation this summer, is an improvement, he said. Meg Krause of RDG designed it and MCL did the construction.

ita
County Board

Re: BuilderTREND

Post by ita »

Buildertrend announces groundbreaking partnership with The Home Depot
Excitement permeates Buildertrend’s headquarters in southwest Omaha. The cloud-based construction project management software developer recently announced a partnership with The Home Depot that will provide construction professionals the technology to help them manage and grow their businesses, along with an integrated purchasing experience and discounts.

Buildertrend Chief Strategy Officer David Arnold said the recent developments were “a really nice source of validation” for the Omaha-based company, which launched in 2006 and has grown to 605 employees locally.

In a press release issued last Friday, Buildertrend revealed the partnership will result in a fully-integrated solution that enables construction professionals to complete more projects, reduce delays, eliminate communication errors and increase customer satisfaction.

Combining the benefits of The Home Depot’s Pro Xtra loyalty program with Buildertrend software, the newly-integrated experience will allow users to view real-time availability and purchase products from The Home Depot (commonly known as Home Depot), as well as gain additional savings, all within the Buildertrend app.

Buildertrend has also launched a new tool helping users manage their receipts by syncing all in-store or online purchases made at The Home Depot into the Buildertrend software, giving users the ability to track those purchases with the appropriate project.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Would love to see Lanoha target them as an occupant for a tower in the old UP spot.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

NEDodger wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 pm Would love to see Lanoha target them as an occupant for a tower in the old UP spot.
Ah that's a good suggestion, local tech company, with potential for more growth, but big enough already to take significant office space. I like that a lot.
LetsBeReal22
New to the Neighborhood

Post by LetsBeReal22 »

NEDodger wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 pm Would love to see Lanoha target them as an occupant for a tower in the old UP spot.
I know Dan grew up in Millard and have met him a few times. I don't get the vibe from him that he would move his business to downtown.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

LetsBeReal22 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:42 am
I know Dan grew up in Millard and have met him a few times. I don't get the vibe from him that he would move his business to downtown.
That make sense. I don't know a lot about Omaha's business landscape, but I feel like they would be one of the few that could help the Lanoha project get off the ground considering their size and potential for growth.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Was just on a flight with ~20 of their employees yesterday and we had to return to the gate before takeoff because they were all absolutely hammered, kept taking off their masks, and one of them called the flight attendant a “f-ing n-word.” Sounds like frat bro culture is basically their thing from what I’ve heard.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

Garrett wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 am Was just on a flight with ~20 of their employees yesterday and we had to return to the gate before takeoff because they were all absolutely hammered, kept taking off their masks, and one of them called the flight attendant a “f-ing n-word.” Sounds like frat bro culture is basically their thing from what I’ve heard.
This is starting to gain some traction. I've heard this a few places. Wonder if the local news media will pick up on it. If so, will people lose their jobs? Will the company have to scale back their lax policies on alcohol consumption in the workplace. And, it's not just them, many companies, especially tech, have bought into the idea of drinking in the workplace is progressive and builds a "fun" company culture. I've been in builder trend and the bar is basically a centerpiece. My friends that work for software companies all have kegs in their break rooms. My other friend who worked in nurse staffing had to have their alcohol policy scaled back because a co worker showed up to interview someone hammered.

It's all fun and games until it isn't.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Garrett wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 am Was just on a flight with ~20 of their employees yesterday and we had to return to the gate before takeoff because they were all absolutely hammered, kept taking off their masks, and one of them called the flight attendant a “f-ing n-word.” Sounds like frat bro culture is basically their thing from what I’ve heard.
Was that a flight leaving Omaha? Was it all guys? Not a good look for them.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Greg S wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:31 am
Was that a flight leaving Omaha? Was it all guys? Not a good look for them.
Yep, leaving Omaha. A few women were among them. They were headed to Orlando for a conference. Sounds like their original flight had been canceled because of Frontier’s tech issues yesterday, so they had been at the bar waiting for a delta flight that was gonna route them through NYC, where I was headed. My sister had a friend who worked there and said pay was |expletive| because they spent so much money on alcohol as a company. He apparently only got 1 raise in 5 years. Lot of tweets seem to be echoing that the culture there is very bro-y and toxic.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Here’s what I commented on their Facebook story:

So I was sat pretty close to them, but didn’t hear the n-word itself as that was at the back of their group and I was at the front of it. They had been scheduled on a direct frontier flight to Orlando earlier in the day, but it was canceled because of some tech issues I think. From my understanding, they had been drinking in the couple hour gap between their canceled flight and this flight. Anyway, when we first got on, they were very rowdy boarding. Lots of shouting, etc. I felt like I was in high school again on a bus. We all got in our seats, they kept being loud, and as we pushed back we were told we would have to sit on the tarmac for like an hour because of some issue I didn’t hear. One of them took of his mask and loudly shouted “Well then why are we on the |expletive| plane?!” Black flight attendant tried to calm them, and had to remind multiple people to put their masks back on. So as we were waiting, the seatbelt sign was turned off so we could move about, and they all started playing “Heads Up” on their phones to pass the time, continuing to be very loud and obnoxious, and taking off their masks. So the flight attendant then got on the intercom and had to specifically call people out to put their masks back on. We were eventually told we had been moved up in the line and would be able to leave, so the seat belt sign was back on, and I believe when the flight attendant told someone to sit back down so we could leave, that’s when “|expletive| n-word” was thrown out. So we got back to the gate, all had to get off the plane, and the police and a delta representative came up and started talking to the guy who did it, who of course very forcefully denied saying it.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Garrett wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:41 am Here’s what I commented on their Facebook story:

So I was sat pretty close to them, but didn’t hear the n-word itself as that was at the back of their group and I was at the front of it. They had been scheduled on a direct frontier flight to Orlando earlier in the day, but it was canceled because of some tech issues I think. From my understanding, they had been drinking in the couple hour gap between their canceled flight and this flight. Anyway, when we first got on, they were very rowdy boarding. Lots of shouting, etc. I felt like I was in high school again on a bus. We all got in our seats, they kept being loud, and as we pushed back we were told we would have to sit on the tarmac for like an hour because of some issue I didn’t hear. One of them took of his mask and loudly shouted “Well then why are we on the |expletive| plane?!” Black flight attendant tried to calm them, and had to remind multiple people to put their masks back on. So as we were waiting, the seatbelt sign was turned off so we could move about, and they all started playing “Heads Up” on their phones to pass the time, continuing to be very loud and obnoxious, and taking off their masks. So the flight attendant then got on the intercom and had to specifically call people out to put their masks back on. We were eventually told we had been moved up in the line and would be able to leave, so the seat belt sign was back on, and I believe when the flight attendant told someone to sit back down so we could leave, that’s when “|expletive| n-word” was thrown out. So we got back to the gate, all had to get off the plane, and the police and a delta representative came up and started talking to the guy who did it, who of course very forcefully denied saying it.
I am in the startup tech world in Omaha, and this is completely in line with everything/one I know at Buildertrend. We have some former BT employees at my company now and the biggest complaint was the misogyny and overall douchy-ness that is rampant there.
Bomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by Bomaha »

Annnnnnddddd with that.......the company has been removed off the job alert list on LinkedIn. Hard pass.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Bomaha wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:09 pm Annnnnnddddd with that.......the company has been removed off the job alert list on LinkedIn. Hard pass.
Couldn't pay me enough to work for that place, plus I guess I wouldn't fit in with the "bruh" culture there. An occasional beer during a work event isn't bad, but if you install your bar in your office as a greeting point for new guests, probably not a good sign.

When I first read the post on here (prior to it making the OWH page) I was thinking perhaps it was a little overblown. But it certainly sounds like there are SEVERAL different people that agree with the way everything happened. Given the racist nature, this will likely make CNN or some other national news headline (other than Fox). Way to put Omaha on the map, you dillweeds.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

djc311 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:20 pm
Bomaha wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:09 pm Annnnnnddddd with that.......the company has been removed off the job alert list on LinkedIn. Hard pass.
Couldn't pay me enough to work for that place, plus I guess I wouldn't fit in with the "bruh" culture there. An occasional beer during a work event isn't bad, but if you install your bar in your office as a greeting point for new guests, probably not a good sign.

When I first read the post on here (prior to it making the OWH page) I was thinking perhaps it was a little overblown. But it certainly sounds like there are SEVERAL different people that agree with the way everything happened. Given the racist nature, this will likely make CNN or some other national news headline (other than Fox). Way to put Omaha on the map, you dillweeds.
They need to fire the employee who used the racist epitaph as soon as they can confirm who it was. Having a bro culture is on them and can be changed, but to protect whatever is left of their reputation, they need to take immediate action on the person who used the racist slur.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

ita wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:29 pm

They need to fire the employee who used the racist epitaph as soon as they can confirm who it was. Having a bro culture is on them and can be changed, but to protect whatever is left of their reputation, they need to take immediate action on the person who used the racist slur.
From what I’m told he and his girlfriend have both been fired.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Garrett wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Good on Buildertrend, if that is true. The rest can be disciplined however, but firings should be the only option for that guy.
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Post by Athomsfere »

ita wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:50 pm
Garrett wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Good on Buildertrend, if that is true. The rest can be disciplined however, but firings should be the only option for that guy.
We / I'll be hiring soon... I will certainly keep an eye open for any ex-BT folks who left right now... Not sure they'd pass our overall interviews though.

Someone also posted one of their company pictures to point out the lack of diversity there. It was eye opening to me, as that's a hard thing to do by accident in this field.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

But...but...#1 Best Places to work in Omaha?
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Post by Athomsfere »

damonhynes wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:58 am But...but...#1 Best Places to work in Omaha?
Ugh, McDonald's ??

Reason to leave right there.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Athomsfere wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:46 am
damonhynes wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:58 am But...but...#1 Best Places to work in Omaha?
Ugh, McDonald's ??

Reason to leave right there.
Haw!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

One Buildertrend employee fired after group removed from flight at Omaha airport

One employee of an Omaha-based company has been fired following an incident at Eppley Airfield. The Omaha Airport Authority police and Delta Airlines say that on Monday night, Delta 5593 flight from Omaha to New York, had to return to its gate because of unruly passengers.
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Post by Athomsfere »

Coyote wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am One Buildertrend employee fired after group removed from flight at Omaha airport

One employee of an Omaha-based company has been fired following an incident at Eppley Airfield. The Omaha Airport Authority police and Delta Airlines say that on Monday night, Delta 5593 flight from Omaha to New York, had to return to its gate because of unruly passengers.
A Confluence ad?