Flywheel

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Flywheel

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/blog/interfa ... 2ff81.html
Flywheel co-founders Dusty Davidson, Rick Knudtson and Tony Noecker will help choose the students for the class, which will start accepting applications Monday. Flywheel Web designer and developer Josh Lawler will also teach the class.

“I really enjoy partnering with firms who have a clear need and helping them fill the need. They really understand what their demands are and I’m able to help them find students,” Dorsey said.

The school also runs a .NET programming class in partnership with First National Bank, which offers the possibility of a full-time job, full-time wages paid throughout the course and tuition reimbursement.

Tuition for the Flywheel class will run $5,500, but students hired by Flywheel after completion of the course will be eligible for up to $3,750 of tuition reimbursement.

Flywheel’s Davidson said the staff grew from four to 21 in 2014. He expects to hire at least that many in 2015.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Flywheel

Post by iamjacobm »

Awesome news to see them pushing 50 employees by the end of the year. Will probably need a bigger office!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://siliconprairienews.com/2016/04/f ... five-elms/
Omaha-based startup Flywheel has raised $4 million in their Series A. The fundraising round was led by Kansas-City based Five Elms Capital.

“Flywheel’s platform changes the way that WordPress designers do business,” said Thomas Kershisnik of Five Elms Capital, in a press release. “They have the leadership, culture, and resources to continue building invaluable tools for their customers; we are thrilled to partner with them.”

According to the release, Flywheel will use the funding for continued product development.

Flywheel was founded in 2012 by Dusty Davidson, Tony Noecker and Rick Knudtson. The company offers WordPress hosting and management centered around designers and creative agencies. They currently serve over 40,000 agencies, freelancers, and creatives.
nebraska0490
New to the Neighborhood

Post by nebraska0490 »

Announcement via Facebook- Flywheel has reached 50 employees! Expansion plans are in progress in same building (lower level) at 1405 Harney Street.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nebraska0490 wrote:Announcement via Facebook- Flywheel has reached 50 employees! Expansion plans are in progress in same building (lower level) at 1405 Harney Street.
http://siliconprairienews.com/2017/10/f ... -employee/
Flywheel, an Omaha-based WordPress hosting and management platform, celebrated its fifth-anniversary last week and announced the hire of their 100th employee. Flywheel supports over 100,000 users and does it all from what is seen as a typically non-traditional startup setting in the heart of the Midwest.

Over the past five years, Flywheel has expanded from three founders to their current team of 100 engineers, support staff, marketers, salespeople and more. They’ve grown from a small office in a co-working space, to building out over 12,000 square feet of office space within two historic buildings located on the western edge of Omaha’s Old Market.

“The growth of Flywheel is largely built upon assembling an incredible team. Omaha is a place where you can stand out from the crowd and cut through the noise,” said Flywheel CEO and co-founder Dusty Davidson. “There are lots of exceptional people who are hungry to be a part of something that’s challenging, fast-growing, and where they can make a huge impact. ”
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/flywheel-to- ... 19d02.html
Omaha-based technology company Flywheel will expand to the building formerly home to Patrick’s Market near 14th and Howard Streets.

Flywheel, which helps its customers build, launch and manage WordPress websites, plans to move into the building, most recently a grocery store, in about 60 days, co-founder Dusty Davidson said.

Flywheel already occupies about 12,000 square-feet in a building at 14th and Harney Streets and about 3,000 square-feet in another building nearby, Davidson said. It will remain in those spaces.

The new building will add about 8,000 square-feet of space and will be occupied by Flywheel's growing team of software engineers. Davidson said the company plans to hire roughly 100 people this year to add to its staff of 120.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

https://getflywheel.com/news/flywheel-b ... companies/

Flywheel ranked 344th in Nation for fastest growing companies, Number 1 in Nebraska.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

$3,500,000.00 Renovations pending.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Coyote wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:35 pm $3,500,000.00 Renovations pending.
One of our secondary buildings is mid-renovation as well.
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

https://wpengine.com/blog/wp-engine-to- ... -flywheel/

AUSTIN, Texas – June 24, 2019 – WP Engine, the WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Flywheel
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Dundeemaha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm https://wpengine.com/blog/wp-engine-to- ... -flywheel/

AUSTIN, Texas – June 24, 2019 – WP Engine, the WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Flywheel
This was Dusty's endgame. I remember he quipped on selling out eventually in an interview I read, though it sounded like, at least initially, it wouldn't be for another few years.
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association

Post by WBR_Tom »

ita wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Dundeemaha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm https://wpengine.com/blog/wp-engine-to- ... -flywheel/

This was Dusty's endgame. I remember he quipped on selling out eventually in an interview I read, though it sounded like, at least initially, it wouldn't be for another few years.
Agreed, I think most folks knew Dusty's endgame was to sell and start something new. Sounds like he made sure the Omaha jobs were safe by selling to a company who has offices in lots of places already and has no issues adding another.

The blowback from their customers on Twitter has been swift and severe, however. Of the first 75 or so comments, I'd say it's sitting at 90% negative -- I've had good experiences with WP Engine, but it sounds like that has not been the case for everyone. And it'd be hard for any company acquiring Flywheel to keep their excellent (I'd say best-in-class) customer support. That's a fair concern.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Hopefully Dusty already has a plan for his next project, as I think I recall in that same interview that his plan was to sell Flywheel eventually and continue to build/support startups in the Omaha area with the capital. I could be completely wrong though.
#gohawks
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Employee here. Dusty isn't going anywhere. Still running our new subsidiary. As far as new projects, doubtful. As far as supporting startups? 1000%, always has, always will.