HyVee Growth Plans

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

nebugeater
County Board

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Postby nebugeater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:07 am

One difference in your HyVee / Walmart Comparison.

In HyVee they own and operate both the store and the eating space.

In Walmart the space is leased to Subway ( or whatever happens to be in that Walmart) and they are responsible for outfitting and and operate it no different than if it was a stand alone location. If busy they need there space for "their" customers.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

RockHarbor
Human Relations

Postby RockHarbor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:11 pm

nebugeater wrote:One difference in your HyVee / Walmart Comparison.

In HyVee they own and operate both the store and the eating space.

In Walmart the space is leased to Subway ( or whatever happens to be in that Walmart) and they are responsible for outfitting and and operate it no different than if it was a stand alone location. If busy they need there space for "their" customers.
Really? I didn't know that. I thought "Subway" was only hung there to fool us shoppers, that it was really "Wal-Mart Sandwich Shop" in disguise. (Lol... I'm kidding. I do realize all this you explained because that was explained to me when I was kicked out of Subway. I still get irritated at Wal-Mart for selling hot food w/out providing seats, making me scarf down my food on a bench near the registers. Therefore, I don't order at their deli anymore. I'm not sure I've ordered HyVee deli or Chinese food from that experience I had either.)
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

cafereef
New to the Neighborhood

Postby cafereef » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Anyone heard any updates on HyVee's growth plans (whispers Elkhorn location haha).

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:36 pm

cafereef wrote:Anyone heard any updates on HyVee's growth plans (whispers Elkhorn location haha).

Looks like they are going to open 26 Walburgers location and become Wahlburgers largest franchisee...

https://www.hy-vee.com/company/press-ro ... tness.aspx
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Postby garyomaha » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Brad wrote:Looks like they are going to open 26 Walburgers location and become Wahlburgers largest franchisee...

The article also mentioned OrangeTheory Fitness -- there's an OrangeTheory set to open soon just up the street from the 78th & Cass Hy-Vee...close enough to cross-promote, if they wish.

Padre
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Padre » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Wahlburgers was founded by Mark Walburg, who is connected to Performance Inspired, a line of nutritional suppliments that is also heavly promoted and sold mostly by HyVee. They have pictures of him in the stores.

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Postby Joe_Sovereign » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 am

The Hy-Vee store at 180th and Pacific has converted about 10% to 15% of their floor space into a clothing store. I forget the Brand Name of the Clothing Store but it is a little strange to see an entire section of clothing racks in a Hy-Vee.

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 am

Joe_Sovereign wrote:The Hy-Vee store at 180th and Pacific has converted about 10% to 15% of their floor space into a clothing store. I forget the Brand Name of the Clothing Store but it is a little strange to see an entire section of clothing racks in a Hy-Vee.

From back a few months ago this was mentions as being tested in two Omaha and a Lincoln Store. Did this just go in or has it been there a few months?

nebugeater wrote:Have read in the recent past where HyVee is going to be testing selling some limited clothing in stores. Here is a story that says that two Omaha and Two Lincoln locations will be getting this soon.

Omaha
14591 Stony Brook Blvd.
1000 S. 178th St

Lincoln
1601 N. 84th St.
6001 Village Drive

http://www.omaha.com/money/hy-vee-is-ad ... e22f1.html

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:56 am

nebugeater wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:The Hy-Vee store at 180th and Pacific has converted about 10% to 15% of their floor space into a clothing store. I forget the Brand Name of the Clothing Store but it is a little strange to see an entire section of clothing racks in a Hy-Vee.

From back a few months ago this was mentions as being tested in two Omaha and a Lincoln Store. Did this just go in or has it been there a few months?

The 132 and Dodge moved the Starbucks over between the express lanes and produce section. They then turned the original coffee area in to a full husker store. Looks like a miniature husker hounds. Its absolutely packed with clothing racks.
@bradwphoto on Twitter

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

The 132 and Dodge moved the Starbucks over between the express lanes and produce section. They then turned the original coffee area in to a full husker store. Looks like a miniature husker hounds. Its absolutely packed with clothing racks.

So Starbucks is sort of free standing? That would be kind of like the one at Shadow Lake.

TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Postby TheSeventhBrat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Brad wrote:
cafereef wrote:Anyone heard any updates on HyVee's growth plans (whispers Elkhorn location haha).

Looks like they are going to open 26 Walburgers location and become Wahlburgers largest franchisee...

I've heard they will open a Wahlburger's in the now closed Summer Kitchen in Bellevue. Interesting that there is no Hy-Vee in Bellevue. From what I've been told, Hy-Vee wants to build in Bellevue, but Mayor Sanders is lukewarm to the idea. Her thinking is she wants new retail that would draw people to the area, not just shift it around.

skinzfan23
County Board

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am

I have mentioned this before, but Bellevue is the largest city in either NE or IA that doesn't have a HyVee.

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:I have mentioned this before, but Bellevue is the largest city in either NE or IA that doesn't have a HyVee.

Wonder if they expect those people to go to Papillion?
@bradwphoto on Twitter

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 pm

nebugeater wrote:
Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

So Starbucks is sort of free standing? That would be kind of like the one at Shadow Lake.

The Starbucks inside the Linden Market HyVee is more like a coffee kiosk. You order your drink, pay for it, then slide to the other end of the "bar"..grab your drink and go. There is no seating immediately around the Starbucks bar/kiosk. You can go into the cafeteria next to the deli/other foods section to sit and sip your beverage..

It can be best described as a "Starbucks grab and go"..than an actual store within a store...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

EricHaley
Home Owners Association

Postby EricHaley » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 pm

TheSeventhBrat wrote:
Brad wrote:
cafereef wrote:From what I've been told, Hy-Vee wants to build in Bellevue, but Mayor Sanders is lukewarm to the idea. Her thinking is she wants new retail that would draw people to the area, not just shift it around.

Does the Mayor of Bellevue really have any control over what specific businesses, such as Hy-Vee, are allowed in town? I get that they could prevent a strip club, but a specific brand of grocery store? If they can, it sounds like a lawsuit just waiting to happen...

skinzfan23
County Board

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't think the mayor could prevent them from building, but they may not try to offer any incentives to build.

Also, I am not sure where a good area to put a HyVee would be anyhow.

EricHaley
Home Owners Association

Postby EricHaley » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Also, I am not sure where a good area to put a HyVee would be anyhow.

I agree completely.

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:57 pm

EricHaley wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Also, I am not sure where a good area to put a HyVee would be anyhow.

I agree completely.

Oh man this is an easy one...........20th to 25th & Cornhusker!......the place would be packed.

TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Postby TheSeventhBrat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 pm

EricHaley wrote:

I agree completely.

They won't build south (where their customer base resides) because it would be too close to Plattsmouth. They won't build west because it's too close to Shadow Lake. That leaves north Bellevue. There was talk of them building on the old concrete plant property off Cornhusker and Ft Crook. But Mayor Sanders was against it. FTR, she routinely shops at the Baker's on Galvin.

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am

TheSeventhBrat wrote:

There was talk of them building on the old concrete plant property off Cornhusker and Ft Crook. But Mayor Sanders was against it. FTR, she routinely shops at the Baker's on Galvin.

Fairway is already building there.
@bradwphoto on Twitter

cafereef
New to the Neighborhood

Postby cafereef » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 am

I'm guessing there is no updates anyone has on the Elkhorn location :)

Cbluejays
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Cbluejays » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 pm

I am guessing the same thing for the Gretna location? 192nd & hwy 370 is where I was told they were building. That setup would go along perfectly with how the 180th and Pacific and Q street locations were built. A huge housing development goes in and then on the Southwest corner HY-Vee gets built.

No disrespect to the people wanting the Elkhorn location to be built soon but lets be honest the Gretna one is more pressing. Yes Elkhorn has more people then Gretna but they already have a Hy-Vee on 156th and Maple and 180th and Pacific. Depending upon where you are in Elkhorn both locations are 5 minutes away or less. Our closest location is at least 10 to 15 minutes away. I am from Elkhorn and would love a Hy-Vee there but now that I live in Gretna I have to think about the city I live in first, haha :D

Anyway, hears to hoping we hear news about Hy-Vee building sometime soon.

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Cbluejays wrote:I am guessing the same thing for the Gretna location? 192nd & hwy 370 is where I was told they were building. That setup would go along perfectly with how the 180th and Pacific and Q street locations were built. A huge housing development goes in and then on the Southwest corner HY-Vee gets built.

No disrespect to the people wanting the Elkhorn location to be built soon but lets be honest the Gretna one is more pressing. Yes Elkhorn has more people then Gretna but they already have a Hy-Vee on 156th and Maple and 180th and Pacific. Depending upon where you are in Elkhorn both locations are 5 minutes away or less. Our closest location is at least 10 to 15 minutes away. I am from Elkhorn and would love a Hy-Vee there but now that I live in Gretna I have to think about the city I live in first, haha :D

Anyway, hears to hoping we hear news about Hy-Vee building sometime soon.

Welcome to the Forum from another Gretna person.

I have heard from someone I trust with good connections to HyVee that the next new store in the area will be along 370 with a Gretna base. Of course that can all change and until there is an official announcement we will never really know.

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 am

cafereef wrote:I'm guessing there is no updates anyone has on the Elkhorn location :)

There are no building permits issued yet. Remember the 180th and Pacific location? They sat on that land for about a decade...
@bradwphoto on Twitter

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Postby garyomaha » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Brad wrote: Remember the 180th and Pacific location? They sat on that land for about a decade...

Going back even farther, there were neighborhood rumors about the new HyVee at Saddle Creek and Center for a long time before it opened. Perhaps because the old store there needed serious upgrading.

TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Postby TheSeventhBrat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Brad wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:I have mentioned this before, but Bellevue is the largest city in either NE or IA that doesn't have a HyVee.

Wonder if they expect those people to go to Papillion?

A lot of them go to Plattsmouth Hy-Vee.

skinzfan23
County Board

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:53 am

I doubt many go to to the Plattsmouth HyVee, especially right now with all the construction on Hwy 75. I and many others in my neighborhood go to the Shadow Lake store. With Capehart being open all the way from 36th to 72nd, it really isn't that bad of a drive.

debradomayer
Home Owners Association

Postby debradomayer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:30 pm

TheSeventhBrat wrote:
Brad wrote:

I've heard they will open a Wahlburger's in the now closed Summer Kitchen in Bellevue. Interesting that there is no Hy-Vee in Bellevue. From what I've been told, Hy-Vee wants to build in Bellevue, but Mayor Sanders is lukewarm to the idea. Her thinking is she wants new retail that would draw people to the area, not just shift it around.

Perhaps now that Rita Sanders isn't seeking another term as mayor, Bellevue can get a HyVee!

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

Hyvee announced yesterday that they will be building a new On Line Ordering Fulfillment center in Omaha, Kansas City and the Twin Cities. No exact location or time has been announced. There is one in Des Moines already.

There is also some mention of smaller store format growth.

http://www.omaha.com/money/hy-vee-plans ... 6bfec.html

Return to “Business”