Target

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Target

Post by Greg S »

Next generation Target stores. The returns and on-line pick up areas look good. I've started doing a lot of free order pick up at the stores:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/20/your-tar ... yptr=yahoo
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Re: Target

Post by Silverspoon »

Im surprised they are testing a Houston store and not a Minneapolis store. I visited their flagship store in downtown Minneapolis last October. It was pretty cool.
Jim Flowers rules!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Isn't it correct that the First Super Target that they built was in Omaha?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:Isn't it correct that the First Super Target that they built was in Omaha?
Correct, the one at 132nd and Maple. Joe Montana came to the opening of the Omaha store. The 2nd one was in Lawerence Kansas.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Isn't it correct that the First Super Target that they built was in Omaha?
Correct, the one at 132nd and Maple. Joe Montana came to the opening of the Omaha store. The 2nd one was in Lawerence Kansas.

Greg

I was not living in NE then. What was the tie in to Joe?
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:

Greg

I was not living in NE then. What was the tie in to Joe?
Montana got muscled out of the 49er QB starting position in 92 by Steve Young. He then went and played for the Chiefs in 93 and 94 and retired. He then proceeded to milk his fame in the mid 90s while it was hot and sold his mug to any company that would throw him a few million. He was hawking Snickers bars, Target, insurance, and Cars and food supplements and everything else. He lived in a big house in KC on Ward Park Way while playing for the Chiefs but he moved back to California at the end of the 94 Chiefs season.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Greg S wrote:

Greg
I was there that day. I got to catch a short pass from him since I was in a small group of peewee players that got to hang around him for a couple hours even tho we never got within 10 yards of him.
Jim Flowers rules!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Greg S wrote:

Greg
Third was Papillion. That one has had little done to it in the remodel aspect though.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Why do you guys think Omaha was basically a test market over many other options?
Jim Flowers rules!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Silverspoon wrote:Why do you guys think Omaha was basically a test market over many other options?
Omaha and the surrounding area has been a test market for a number of things. I think we hit a sweet spot on size, demographics, and location that this is desirable to do testing here.