Ross Dress for Less

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Ross Dress for Less

Post by Coyote »

Ross Dress for Less is about to invade the market, I think the first one will be in the L Street Marketplace. Anyone know anything about this franchise?
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Re: Ross Dress for Less

Post by Silverspoon »

I know they were popular as east coast mall anchors from what Ive seen in dead malls.
Jim Flowers rules!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Coyote wrote:Ross Dress for Less is about to invade the market, I think the first one will be in the L Street Marketplace. Anyone know anything about this franchise?
They were here in the past. Like Burlington Coat Factory.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha has been talking about one going in to the old Kmart 132 and maple for a while now.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Coyote wrote:Ross Dress for Less is about to invade the market, I think the first one will be in the L Street Marketplace. Anyone know anything about this franchise?
OMG I shop here all the time! It's really popular here in Vegas and in the LA area. There's even a YouTube hip hop song that was made to honor this place. It's a lot like Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Their stuff is SUPER inexpensive name brands. The merchandise changes every week, so if you see something you like, buy it now. It makes a lot of sense for then to enter the market after the implosion of Gordman's. Also Ross is one of the few closing retailers to be expanding while the overall market is in a collapsing bubble.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Bought a shirt from them about 15 years ago. It fell apart after 2 washings. Never went back.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

daveoma wrote:
OMG I shop here all the time! It's really popular here in Vegas and in the LA area. There's even a YouTube hip hop song that was made to honor this place. It's a lot like Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Their stuff is SUPER inexpensive name brands. The merchandise changes every week, so if you see something you like, buy it now. It makes a lot of sense for then to enter the market after the implosion of Gordman's. Also Ross is one of the few closing retailers to be expanding while the overall market is in a collapsing bubble.
And we still have the 1/2 of 1/2 Clothing Store at Crossroads. Omaha is going to be the best dressed city ever with clothes that couldn't sell on clearance and that have irregularities. Ha, and we think we can get a Nordstrom Rack. Well, I guess when it's all said and done, Omaha will have the nicest streets any city has ever seen but we will all be dressed like dorks.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

We should not be excited they are coming here. It's just another clothing chain that sells ugly, crappy clothing made by people who are essentially slaves. Nothing new, just more fabric that will likely be at a landfill within a year.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

I have visited the Ross Dress for Less at the St Johns Town Center in Florida a few times. The whole town center is a really nice, well maintained place to shop....except for the Ross store. It seems to attact the less desirable people. If you park by the Ross store, you'll see lots of trash and people throw dirty diapers on the ground. The side walk in front of the store is always covered in trash and it appears lots of their customers spit out their gum and throw their cigarettes down on the sidewalk. Step inside the store and it looks like a third world country and I swear nobody in the store ever speaks English. If you're looking for some home decor items, pet supplies, towels, or bed linens, they are real reasonable. The clothing section is a disaster though. It's a total mess . Clothes are thrown all over the floor and sizes are always all mixed up. You' will have to do a lot of searching to find something good. It's not uncommon to find empty cuff link boxes, lots of underwear packages that are short a pair, and a shoe department that has more shoes thrown on the floor than are displayed on the racks. Ross is just like TJ Maxx, except more ghetto.....a lot more ghetto.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Went to one in Pearland, TX in 2012. Daughter raved about the chain, but as is touched on above, I felt that I had to wash my hands after leaving the store. Never seen so many disparate demographic groups fighting (and that's hyperbole, but it did seem like a contact sport) over such a small amount of cr@p.

Goodwills have better selection.

Daughter was apologetic, "The other ones I've been to are nothing like this!"
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

So it's starting to sound like the Burlington coat factory on 120th and center.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?! I've always wanted a RDFL in Omaha! I loved shopping there while living in Phoenix.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
jbpllp
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jbpllp »

I lived in Phoenix for years, as well as visiting other cities that have Ross. They are tailored to the neighborhood that the store is in. I went to the Old Town Alexandria, VA and they had beautiful clothes, women's suits, etc. We also went to the Ross in Alexandria in a totally different part of town - Quality was like night and day. Same in Phoenix. I hate that the closest one is in KC. I have purchased a good share of my clothes at Ross over the years, and never had any problem with things falling apart. Can't wait to get one here in Omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Work at the L Street Market Place is underway.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

If you bought something there that fell apart its because of the brand that you picked. They don't make Ross clothes but rather sell a huge variety of brands from those you know to some you don't. The prices are unbeatable (although comparable to TJMaxx and Marshalls generally) and you can get nice stuff there if you aren't particular about what your looking for (also like the other two). I will say, however, that the stores and their general upkeep is fairly trashy compared to TJM and Marshalls. Probably not unlike Burlington in that regard, but much smaller. I always liked checking them out when I would go from Omaha to Co, and shop at them now in AZ.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I've never been to a Ross store. I used to live in Spokane, WA. And they're up there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I believe their third location is coming soon to Sorenson Park Plaza