Mobile Digital Signs

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Mobile Digital Signs

Post by Coyote »

I saw a truck today with digital signs on the sides and in the back. It is for now advertising a roofing company and was told these finally have arrived on Omaha. Supposedly they are big in Las Vegas...
Brad
City Council

Re: Mobile Digital Signs

Post by Brad »

I think I saw it during the CWS. It may have been later but the CWS is what sticks in my mind.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Pretty sure I have seen something like that in Lincoln on rare occasion over the last few years.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I first saw them in Omaha about 3-4 years ago for the CWS.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

I heard a story awhile back......A company here in Omaha that owns 3 of those digital sign trucks gets a call in April from the DNC. The DNC ends up hiring the Omaha company for around $30,000 to send 3 of those trucks to Atlanta for a weekend before a congressional run off election to drive around town with the signs going showing anti Trump adds.

The trucks have 3 gas powered generators sitting inside them generating the power for the signs.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I heard a story awhile back......A company here in Omaha that owns 3 of those digital sign trucks gets a call in April from the DNC. The DNC ends up hiring the Omaha company for around $30,000 to send 3 of those trucks to Atlanta for a weekend before a congressional run off election to drive around town with the signs going showing anti Trump adds.

The trucks have 3 gas powered generators sitting inside them generating the power for the signs.
Glad to hear they were making good use of the technology with the anti-trump ads. We need more of them around until he gets impeached or quits.

I've noticed one in the 72nd & Dodge vicinity this week. I can't remember what exactly it was advertising though. Maybe a plumber or something. I guess I was paying more attention to the novelty of it than the actual ad.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

These are constantly running around the strip in Las Vegas. I find them to be obnoxious, do hopefully they'll be tasteful in Omaha. I'd love to see local arts and cultural groups use them to advertise events.