Mobile Digital Signs

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Coyote
City Council

Mobile Digital Signs

Postby Coyote » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:01 pm

I saw a truck today with digital signs on the sides and in the back. It is for now advertising a roofing company and was told these finally have arrived on Omaha. Supposedly they are big in Las Vegas...

Brad
City Council

Re: Mobile Digital Signs

Postby Brad » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 pm

I think I saw it during the CWS. It may have been later but the CWS is what sticks in my mind.
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:18 am

Pretty sure I have seen something like that in Lincoln on rare occasion over the last few years.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

skinzfan23
County Board

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:33 am

I first saw them in Omaha about 3-4 years ago for the CWS.

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm

I heard a story awhile back......A company here in Omaha that owns 3 of those digital sign trucks gets a call in April from the DNC. The DNC ends up hiring the Omaha company for around $30,000 to send 3 of those trucks to Atlanta for a weekend before a congressional run off election to drive around town with the signs going showing anti Trump adds.

The trucks have 3 gas powered generators sitting inside them generating the power for the signs.

GetUrban
Parks & Recreation

Postby GetUrban » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 pm

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I heard a story awhile back......A company here in Omaha that owns 3 of those digital sign trucks gets a call in April from the DNC. The DNC ends up hiring the Omaha company for around $30,000 to send 3 of those trucks to Atlanta for a weekend before a congressional run off election to drive around town with the signs going showing anti Trump adds.

The trucks have 3 gas powered generators sitting inside them generating the power for the signs.

Glad to hear they were making good use of the technology with the anti-trump ads. We need more of them around until he gets impeached or quits.

I've noticed one in the 72nd & Dodge vicinity this week. I can't remember what exactly it was advertising though. Maybe a plumber or something. I guess I was paying more attention to the novelty of it than the actual ad.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

daveoma
Human Relations

Postby daveoma » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:26 am

These are constantly running around the strip in Las Vegas. I find them to be obnoxious, do hopefully they'll be tasteful in Omaha. I'd love to see local arts and cultural groups use them to advertise events.

Return to “Business”