Zephyr
Human Relations

The Omaha Chamber of Commerce

Post by Zephyr »

Survey:
http://www.omahachamber.net/ypcsurvey

Article:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u ... id=1142972

I put down the perception that Omaha needs to overcome the most is that everyone is closed-minded.  It's amazing the difference in mindset between Omaha and Denver - there are a lot more "Hal Daubs" vying for progressive changes in Denver.
eomaha
County Board

Chamber of Commerce recognized

Post by eomaha »

Omaha Chamber of Commerce wrote: Chamber Earns National Recognition

The December 2004 issue of Business Facilities magazine includes a wealth of praise for Omaha.
The cover features Bruce Rohde, ConAgra Foods, Inc. CEO and GO! (Greater Omaha Economic Development Partnership) chairman; Mayor Mike Fahey; and Chamber Vice President of Economic Development Rod Moseman.

Omaha is also the focus of articles describing three awards given by Business Facilities. The magazine chose the Chamber as the recipient of its Platinum Award for Economic Development Achievement and its Gold Award in the Public-Private Partnership Category. Both honors recognize the success of the Target Omaha campaign and the launch of GO!.

In addition, Business Facilities has named the Union Pacific headquarters one of its Top 10 Big Projects for 2004.

Business Facilities is a national site selection magazine that provides monthly news and resource information for more than 40,000 corporate executives responsible for the expansion or relocation of their companies.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Nice Web book on the Chamber of Commerce Web site

Post by jjjjhskr »

I just noticed this today while checking out the chamber's website

http://www.omahachamber.org/chamber/default.aspx

Click on the link towards the top "Omaha Close Up"

A really well done piece of info on Omaha.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I find the narrator to be a bit annoying, but it is otherwise a good piece.
Last edited by Swift on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

The narrator correctly says "50 mile radius" but the text says "50 minute radius".
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Asten
Human Relations

Omaha Chamber YPC Summit?

Post by Asten »

Anyone else going to this on 2/3?

--Asten
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Come on Asten... a little more info for those of us who are acronym challenged...
2006 Young Professionals Summit - Chamber Event
Date
Feb. 03, 2006
10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Description
Learn. Connect. Get Involved at the 2006 Young Professionals Summit. The first Summit is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Omaha young professionals, to learn what's in store for their city's future, to let their voices be heard about what they want from the community, and to network with other young professionals and community leaders.

Richard Florida - one of the world's leading social theorists and best-selling author of "The Rise of the Creative Class" and "The Flight of the Creative Class" - is the luncheon keynote speaker at 12:30 p.m.

The Summit is open to all those interested in attracting, retaining and recruiting young professionals to the Greater Omaha community.

Register
Register between 12/8 and 1/30. Register for Event.
Item Cost
Summit including luncheon $75.00
Luncheon only $45.00
Summit including luncheon table of 10 $750.00
Luncheon only table of 10 $450.00

Location Information
Qwest Center Omaha - Peter Kiewit Ballroom
455 North 10th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Speaker Information
Richard Florida Author of The Rise of the Creative Class
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Man, way to cut a deal on that table of 10. :roll: I'd like to go to something like that but not at that price tag. I guess it is an all day thing pretty much but still.
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

jhuston wrote:Come on Asten... a little more info for those of us who are acronym challenged...
Hah, yeah, forgive me, 'twas late. I figured anyone that is going probably knows what it is. :wink:
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

They've been talking about this at work for awhile. I might go.
DTO
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

It sounds like a good event, if it weren't for the price tag, which will keep me away.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Chamber of commerce annual report

Post by jjjjhskr »

The chamber of commerce has its annual report as a video on their website -

http://www.omahachamber.org/News/NewsDe ... oryID=6417

Click on "view the annual report" in the middle of the page. It's nicely done - similar to the "This is Omaha" video.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Omaha Chamber wins Platinum award

Post by Erik »

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Heck yeah!
Platinum huh, is this given out by FUBU?
15-17, 26, 32
Erik
Parks & Recreation

LOL

Post by Erik »

I have no idea who these guys are... but they sure know their stuff :D
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Bravo!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the link..

But in the future..How about a preview..

From the Business Facilities link:

'The project's initial investment of $12 million, entitled Target Omaha, was leveraged to provide 60,000 net new jobs, as well as $3 billion in new capital investment. Of this $3 billion, $1.8 billion was invested in the downtown central business district alone—the new skyline in Omaha stands as a visible testament to this and the program's pro-business impact.'..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Sure

Post by Erik »

Ill remember to do that from now on, anytime I find an article like that...
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: Sure

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Erik wrote:Ill remember to do that from now on, anytime I find an article like that...
Thanks Erik :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Chamber News

Post by MTO »

2 Groundbreakings = 450 New Jobs
C&A Industries Inc. and Cabela's Inc. celebrated groundbreakings and the new jobs, business and investment coming to Greater Omaha. Both companies broke ground on Thursday, March 16.

2006 Omaha Business Hall of Fame Inductees
Third in a series of six articles: William A. Fitzgerald, Chairman & CEO (Retired), Commercial Federal Bank

Seven Leadership Omaha Grads Run in 2006 Elections
Nebraska's 2006 elections are brimming with graduates of Leadership Omaha, a program of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.

Economic Impact of Proposed Baseball Stadium
Preliminary findings in the Brailsford and Dunlavey study of the economic impact of the proposed baseball stadium in North Downtown, commissioned by the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.

Doing Business In Poland
Tuesday, March 28 | 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
1301 Harney Street

You are cordially invited to learn about the opportunities for Nebraska companies to develop mutual business relationships with Poland.

With a population of 40 million, Poland is the largest market in Central Europe and the eighth largest in the continent. Polish economy, with GDP growth of 3.2 % in 2005, is developing much faster than the Euro zone (1.3%) and higher than the average of all 25 EU members (1.5%). Poland's growth has been driven to a significant extent by export growth, industrial production and investments.

For more information contact Marisa Ring at mring@accessomaha.com or (402) 978-7940.

Presenter | Mr. Zbigniew Kubacki Minister Counsellor Polish Embassy Mr. Windham Loopesko Owner and President W.E. Loopesko & Associates Inc.
Cost | No charge
Sponsored by | Embassy of Poland, in cooperation with the US Commercial Service, the Nebraska Department of Agriculture and the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.
Reservations by | March 24 to Marisa at mring@omahachamber.org or (402) 978-7940

Changes in the Communications Industry
Wednesday, March 29 | 7:45 registration 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
1301 Harney Street

Discover how businesses benefit from the ongoing, rapid changes in communications technology. It's been 10 years since the 1996 Telecommunications Act stimulated competition in the communications industry. Understand how your business can benefit from these changes through practical advice on using communications tools to effectively deal with customers, suppliers and competitors.

Presenter | Hyman Sukiennik, Cox Business Services
Cost | $15.00 per person
Sponsored by | Cox Business Services
Reservations by | March 24 to Maria at reservations@omahachamber.org or (402) 978-7912

Small Business Insights
Thursday, March 30 | 7:15 registration 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Regency Lodge
909 South 107 Avenue

All too often small business owners must learn firsthand what works and what doesn't. With Small Business Insights, they're able to learn valuable lessons from the triumphs and pitfalls of other small business owners who have already tackled complex issues - and gone on to develop successful operations.

This sessions panelist include the following: Sandy Dubbs, Metal Logos; Dean F. Jessick, SGH, Inc.; Robert I. Kully, Kully Financial Services; Jack H. Struyk, ARM, Holmes Murphy/Nebraska.

Cost | $15.00 per person
Sponsored by | Regency Lodge
Reservations by | March 28 to Maria at reservations@omahachamber.org or (402) 978-7912

Networking at Noon
Thursday, April 6 | 11:45 a.m. registration 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Funny Bone
17305 Davenport Street Ste. 201

Market your business. Find a new client. Help fellow Chamber members grow their businesses. Make personal contacts. And still make it back to work in time for your first afternoon meeting. How? With Networking at Noon, the monthly lunch meeting that offers more to chew on than great food.

This business marketing event is limited to 50 people and includes a bag lunch with a 60-second pitch opportunity.

For more information, contact Larry Gomez, director, small business services at (402) 978-7925.

Cost | $15.00 per member
Sponsored by | Funny Bone
Reservations by | April 4 to Maria at reservations@omahachamber.org or (402) 978-7912

Rush Hour Connections
Tuesday, April 11 | 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Mutual Dome - Destination Midtown
3300 Mutual of Omaha Plz

Better than waiting at bus stops or in bumper-to-bumper traffic, this after-work event brings together fellow Chamber members in a more informative setting to exchange business cards and introductions.

While there is no cost to members, reservations are required.

Cost | No Charge
Sponsored by | Destination Midtown and Mutual of Omaha
Reservations by | April 10 to Maria at reservations@omahachamber.org or (402) 978-7912

15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce: Economic Outlook 2007

Post by Coyote »

joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Did you go to the lunch?  I had a chance, but gave up my ticket to a co-worker so I could get a few things done.[/justify]
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

joeglow wrote:Did you go to the lunch?  I had a chance, but gave up my ticket to a co-worker so I could get a few things done.[/justify]
I wasen't able to attend..But a friend of mine did and emailed me this report..I forwarded the report to Coyote who was nice enough to scan and post it here for everyone to read..

Perhaps a few forumers went to the lunch..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

2006 Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce annual report

Post by jjjjhskr »

The 2006 annual report is now available on line -

http://www.omahachamber.org/News/NewsDe ... oryID=9288

Their videos are really well done....
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I wish some of those fantastic images in the video were available for public sharing.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Thanks for posting the link.  Great information to see and hear about. It is really exciting to see the progress the city has made during each year.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I can believe no one has posted in the Chamber thread in over 3 years!

Shameless self plug.... My photo:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

:thumb:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha promoters hit a jackpot

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100529/M ... -a-jackpot
John Keenan WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Looking at the numbers, the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce appears to have come back a winner from a trade show in Las Vegas this week.

For about $20,000 in booth and registration fees at the International Council of Shopping Center’s global retail real estate convention, chamber executive Rod Moseman estimated chamber representatives:

Held 53 “meetings and meaningful conversations.”

Made 150 contacts at their booth.

Distributed hundreds of flyers for a future business event here.

Received commitments from 10 retailers, including four new to the market, to visit the metro area.

Had access to about 30,000 trade show attendees, including developers, brokers and national retailers.

In Moseman’s eyes, it was a good week’s work.

“RECon,” as it is called, is the International Council of Shopping Centers’ largest annual event, known throughout the retail and development industry as a dealmaking, networking bonanza.

Increasing awareness of Omaha and the metro area was the chamber’s main goal in attending the event, and the five-person team arrived in Las Vegas on a roll.
Brad
City Council

Re: The Omaha Chamber of Commerce

Post by Brad »

The Omaha Chamber has a nice new video out. You may recognize the Creighton Photo...

[youtube][/youtube]
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Maybe its just me, but I really like these videos. Just a quick snapshot of Omaha's sports offerings.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Omaha Chamber took home the Chamber of the Year award at a major convention this week! Congrats to them for all their hard work being recognized.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Omaha Chamber took home the Chamber of the Year award at a major convention this week! Congrats to them for all their hard work being recognized.
That's awesome! They do so many great things for our city!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OWH is reporting the Chamber is moving to ConAgra.

That could open up a whole block or at least 1/2 a block for development.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:OWH is reporting the Chamber is moving to ConAgra.
That could open up a whole block or at least 1/2 a block for development.
Cindy Gonzalez - World-Herald staff writer wrote: David Brown, chamber president said, "We hope we'll find someone who wants to develop this site." No plan has been determined, Brown said, although chamber officials have talked to real estate experts to gauge the market. They heard various possibilities. "We've heard everything from an office building to residential to first floor retail and residential above. We've even heard hotels. Lots of different ideas thrown out there," Brown said.

The western half of the block that stretches along 14th Street contains a State of Nebraska-owned parking garage used by people who work across 14th Street in a state office building.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

^^Maybe we can get multiple uses in a building for a change
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

I think that space would be a huge development opportunity. It's the there in the Old Market. I'm going to place my money on 10 storey apartment building with retail on the ground floor.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Per Barbara Soderlin / World-Herald staff writer:
In 'brutally tough' decision, Omaha chamber's senior VP for economic development resigns for Denver job
http://www.omaha.com/money/in-brutally- ... a72ed.html
Last edited by choke on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

choke wrote:Per Barbara Soderlin / World-Herald staff writer:
In 'brutally tough' decision, Omaha chamber's senior VP for economic development resigns for Denver job
https://shenandoah-medical-center---agf ... /main.html
Probably wanted to say close to the people controlling Pepper Jax
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!