Journal Purchases KM3

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Hal Dawg
Home Owners Association

Journal Purchases KM3

Post by Hal Dawg »

Aug. 22 -- Emmis Communications Corporation announced it has signed definitive agreements to sell nine of its 16 television stations in three separate transactions.

Journal Communications ("Journal Broadcast Group") has signed an agreement to purchase KMTV-TV in Omaha, WFTX-TV (Ch. 4, Fox affiliate) and KGUN-TV (Ch. 9, ABC affiliate) in Tucson, Ariz. The sale price for the three stations is $235 million.

Gray Television, which owns WOWT, has signed an agreement to purchase WSAZ-TV (Ch. 3, NBC affiliate) in Huntington/Charleston, West Virginia, for $186 million.

LIN TV Corp has signed an agreement to purchase WALA-TV (Ch. 10, Fox affiliate) and WBPG-TV (Ch. 55, WB affiliate) in Mobile, Ala./Pensacola, Fla.; WTHI-TV (Ch. 10, CBS affiliate) in Terre Haute, Ind.; WLUK-TV (Ch. 11, Fox affiliate) in Green Bay, Wis.; and KRQE-TV (Ch. 13, CBS affiliate) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, plus regional satellite stations. The sale price for the five stations is $260 million.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

So Travis Justice will stay on the T&T show, and as a way to spice up the ratings, Todd and Tyler will be doing the new sports segment on the 10pm news.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

they should just fire travis justice, the dudes a moron.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Twiztid1 wrote:I like Travis. I think he's the most objective reporter in omaha.

Just how could this be known? When has he ever "reported" anything?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

the guy is in no way a reporter. He is a jackass that takes certain sides of issues just to get people mad and try and boost his ratings. And on top of that hes extremely annoying.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

C'mon guys..

Before that, they guy was a 'trivia genius'..

Don't you remember 'Travia' :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Twiztid1 wrote:
the guy is in no way a reporter. He is a jackass that takes certain sides of issues just to get people mad and try and boost his ratings. And on top of that hes extremely annoying.
Travis actually has an opinion and doesn't use it to just boost his ratings through anger. A lot of times he talks about his subject and opinion on todd n tyler before he records it. I'd much rather listen to trav than any other reporter in town. He doesn't suck up to the huskers.
It is OK to listen to him. The key is OPINION. Just don't use Travis and Reporter in the same sentance and you will be OK. You yourself used Opinion in describing his style and that is not what a reporter does, or shouldn't anyway.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Their new boss may decide to make him go sit down back at the sports desk.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Yeah, you have to lump Justice in with the likes of Coulter, Limbaugh, and Maher. There's a huge difference between "commentator" and "reporter".

He's still a moron, though.

-Big E
Stable genius.
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

maybe w/ the new owners cbs will broadcast in HD on cox cable.
lpgforms
New to the Neighborhood

Post by lpgforms »

Travis Justice has gone as far as he can in local broadcasting - He is getting too old to move on to anything outside of Omaha as well. Without Todd and Tyler in his corner, he'd be selling insurance by now.

Brain
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

UNOstudent: I was thinking/hoping the same thing. What a bunch of wieners trying to charge Cox for their HD signal. I watch shows on HD channels simply because they're in HD, sometimes even when they are cruddy shows. DiscoveryHD has pretty much taken over as TV Channel King at my house.

-Big E
Stable genius.
Hal Dawg
Home Owners Association

Re: Ratings Boost

Post by Hal Dawg »

As far as I know, KM3's ratings have yet to go up at all since Travis came over there from Fox 42.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

As of Monday 12/5/2005 Journal Broadcast Group has taken over KM3

Travis Justice's "For Whats its Worth" Gone.

Starting next Monday

Travis Justice "Sports Director" again
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Haha

For what its worth, you got own3d, biatch!

lol, tun4 r0x0r
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

For What its worth

Why does everyone hate Trav?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

I don't like him because he's an idiot, AND he was using the facade of a "reporter" to spout opinion over the news. I don't like him for the same reason I don't like everyone else like him, conservative or liberal.

-Big E
Stable genius.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

^And that's why he was fired. Yay! :lol:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

He wasn't fired, just going back to sports, what he is really good at!

Second of all, you have to give 3 credit for trying something new with "For What its Worth".
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

What was new about it?

-Big E
Stable genius.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Brad wrote:He wasn't fired, just going back to sports, what he is really good at!

Second of all, you have to give 3 credit for trying something new with "For What its Worth".
Oops! :lol: Misread your earlier post.

I don't like Trav on "For What It's Worth" because I honestly think he did it to upset people off and cause controversy where there is none to get more viewers. A desperate move on KM3's part. Oh, and the show was worth absolutely nothing. I do like him on Todd & Tyler though.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

What was new about it?
:?:

news,weather,sports

It broke away from the normal newscast
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

Why does everyone hate Trav?
Not that I Hated him, I just never felt like he had the credibility to lash out on social issues.

From Sportscaster to Michael Moore type commentary? I just never bought it. Essentially; right idea, wrong person.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

It's more of Bill O'Reily type of commentating. You can't tell where the news ends and the news commentary starts.

You always know with Michael Moore that it's just news commentary.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Gotcha. It was new to local Omaha newscasts. I thought you were implying that it was new in a "Mickey Rooney has been doing it for 80 years" kind of way. :)

Speaking of crappy local newscasts, did anyone notice Channel 6 devoting TWO (that I saw) segments (on two nights) to some lady who lost part of her stupid snow village decorations to an eBay broker in town? No wonder a traffic jam made front page news for three days here.

I vote to start a thread documenting all of the bandwidth and ink local media wastes pandering to idiots.

-Big E
Stable genius.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Swift wrote:It's more of Bill O'Reily type of commentating. You can't tell where the news ends and the news commentary starts.
It's when he makes noise with his mouth.

-Big E
Stable genius.
OmahaRules
Library Board

Post by OmahaRules »

I liked Travis' For What its Worth when he tackled city issues such as the light rail idea etc. But when it got political or something like abortion I didn't care about it. I think Trav is good at what he does. He seems decently smart when he talks so its better than most people on T.V.