PayPal Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Re: PayPal Business News

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:33 pm

bigredmed wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:I think the only reason Christians are being targeted so much is because they are being very vocal about their bigotry. And it's good they are suffering consequences for it. It's the only way they will learn.

Why is the choice to decline business, by default seen as bigotry? Or is calling you out on this use of a word grenade is the only way you will learn?

lol, not sure what I'm supposed to learn here...

Now if you operate a business then you have to play by society's rules and one of those rules is to not discriminate against people that society accepts. If you do discriminate then you are a bigot plain and simple. You are free to hold your own opinions personally but those views shouldn't cross over into your business unless you want trouble.

Omababe
Planning Board

Postby Omababe » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 am

bigredmed wrote:Why is the choice to decline business, by default seen as bigotry?

Because it is! Like the "we cater to the white trade" businesses were in the deep south.

Uffda
Planning Board

Postby Uffda » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:12 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:I think the only reason Christians are being targeted so much is because they are being very vocal about their bigotry. And it's good they are suffering consequences for it. It's the only way they will learn.

I really hate lumping a group of people into one behavior. I am a Christian have no problem with gay marriage and neither does my 86 yr old mother. I also know gay Christians and they are very active in their churches.

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Uffda wrote:

I really hate lumping a group of people into one behavior. I am a Christian have no problem with gay marriage and neither does my 86 yr old mother. I also know gay Christians and they are very active in their churches.

I wasn't saying all Christians are like that. I'm Christian too and don't have a problem with it either. I was just responding to how they are being targeted for the behavior because they are being very vocal from businesses to governments (see Mississippi and NC). I don't hear much about Muslims passing laws around the country discriminating against gays. There may be businesses that do and they deserved to be called out as well.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:08 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:
bigredmed wrote:

Why is the choice to decline business, by default seen as bigotry? Or is calling you out on this use of a word grenade is the only way you will learn?

lol, not sure what I'm supposed to learn here...

Now if you operate a business then you have to play by society's rules and one of those rules is to not discriminate against people that society accepts. If you do discriminate then you are a bigot plain and simple. You are free to hold your own opinions personally but those views shouldn't cross over into your business unless you want trouble.

Then when Muslim bakers refused to bake cakes for gay weddings, we didn't see the Sturm and drang. Strange. Wonder why one religion is prosecuted and another is simply allowed to be bigots.

Rather like the middle eastern restaurant behind Big Fred's. Went there with my wife and the waiter would not speak to her. The while night was " what will she eat?" "How does she like her food?", and " what does she want to drink?". We are supposed to be tolerant of that sexism, but if this was some fundamentalist Christian group, it would bring criminal charges.

One may be pro or anti gay marriage, and as you said, your opinions are yours to hold. But if we are going to light up people's lives for them, then we either hold all offensive beliefs the same, or we accept that we now live in a nation that selectively enforces it's laws.

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:41 pm

Speaking of these weird new laws, the UK has put out travel advisories to its citizens about the new laws in North Carolina and Mississippi.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

Return to “Business”