Cargill (Blair, NE) Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Cargill (Blair, NE) Business News

Post by eomaha »

Construction will start next spring to bring the Blair plants output capacity to 230 million barrels annually.  As part of the expansion, up to 50 new jobs will be added.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46& ... nd=5877835
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Since I consider Blair part of the metro I think this is good for the city…
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

pkiphd wrote:Since I consider Blair part of the metro I think this is good for the city…
How about good for the state. YOur statments seems to imply that it you didn't think this was part of the metro you would not think it is good.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tuna, can I get a Special Edition Revival!

Cargill’s Blair facility earns honor

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091203/MONEY/712039989
John Keenan WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Cargill’s Blair facility was among the company’s corn-milling operations honored Wednesday with the presentation of the 2008 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for organizational innovation and performance.

Employees at the Blair plant watched a live feed from Washington, D.C., and enjoyed refreshments, as Vice President Joe Biden presented the award to Alan Willits, president of Cargill Corn Milling.

“I think it’s very exciting for the whole team,” said Gavin Atkinson, manager of the Blair plant. “It’s a huge award, and it kind of recognizes the Blair team for being part of the whole Cargill family.”

With its headquarters in Minneapolis, Cargill Corn Milling consists of seven “wet milling” and two “dry milling” facilities in the United States.

The wet mills, in which corn kernels are steeped in water and separated into starch, protein, germ and fiber, are in Blair; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dayton, Ohio; Decatur, Ala.; Eddyville, Iowa; Memphis; and Wahpeton, N.D.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad wrote:Tuna, can I get a Special Edition Revival!
Holla!