Saturn moving

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Saturn moving

Post by Coyote »

The first casualty of the Dodge St. Expressway.
I wonder how many other establishments will relocate.

Saturn of Omaha will move to 148th, Center
Omaha World Herald wrote:Saturn of Omaha will move from an area near the city's biggest road-construction project to another of the city's busiest streets.

The dealership on the south side of West Dodge Road - which has operated sales and service departments several blocks apart and separated by busy 114th Street - will move to a single, larger site at 148th Street and West Center Road.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I don't really see this as a bad thing. You can't really see their sales or service locations from Dodge Street as it is. Besides, they'll be moving into the old Reagan Pontiac-Buick-GMC building. There's not much you can really do with that building besides tear it down or turn it into another car dealership. I think with a little work, especially $400,000 worth, they could make that into a really nice facility.:

Their current building could much more easily be put to other (better?) uses. It doesn't really resemble a car dealership at all. I would suggest they tear it down and turn it into a mid-rise office, or a hotel or something of that nature.:

Last edited by TitosBuritoBarn on Tue May 02, 2006 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

They just wanted to be close to Uranus. blehh
15-17, 26, 32
mlle_manon
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mlle_manon »

very interesting!

Really, their current service/used cars area (tucked back on 115th near Davenport) looks very much like a typical Saturn dealership, but not like most other ones ... probably because it doesn't have the new cars - j/k. Kidding aside though - the way they have service, used division, and new vehicle sales split up over there doesn't seem to work well. I drive a Saturn (currently on my second Saturn, and have been driving Saturns for about eight years), and taking mine in for service at Saturn of Omaha just hasn't felt right somehow. A month or so ago I had a sudden major problem while I happened to be down in Bellevue, so I brought the car to Saturn of Bellevue and the whole place/experience flowed much better. I think that's because of the difference in setup. So, this looks like it'll be a very wise move on Schworer Automotive's part (that being the enterprise which owns both Saturn dealerships here as well as Saturn of Lincoln).

side note - does Schworer have other dealerships here and/or in Lincoln?
"On a dark, flat land she rides on a pony she named Wildfire
With a whirlwind by her side on a cold Nebraska night..."
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

mlle_manon wrote:side note - does Schworer have other dealerships here and/or in Lincoln?
I believe their only other dealership is Shworer Volkswagen in Lincoln.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Besides, they'll be moving into the old Reagan Pontiac-Buick-GMC building.
How old is old these days? :shock:
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

mlle_manon wrote:side note - does Schworer have other dealerships here and/or in Lincoln?
They own Saturn of Lincoln, too...
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

icejammer wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Besides, they'll be moving into the old Reagan Pontiac-Buick-GMC building.
How old is old these days? :shock:
Haha, well, I remember my mom used to take me with her to Reagan to get her car serviced when I was like 5 or 6. I'm 20 now. According to the DC Assessor, it was built in 1990. I guess it's a little newer than I thought.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

They own the Omaha, Lincoln and Bellevue Saturn dealerships and at least as of a couple years ago, owned Honda Cars of Bellevue (I assume they still do).

They need an all in one facility.

I'm on my third Saturn. Since 1992 all I've driven is Saturns and they have all been very reliable. Can't wait to see the new models this fall, looks like GM has finally gotten serious with Saturn.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Anyone have any idea what is going on at the long empty Saturn dealership location on 148th & Center?  Drove by today and it looks like there has been some work started and there is a Darland drop trailer sitting in front.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They talked about it on grow Omaha a while back, but I can't remember what they said...
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Building permit says Solution One.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum