City Council

Peony Park HyVee Expanding

Post by Brad »

Peony Park HyVee Expanding

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Great to have the forum back!

The Peony Park Hy-Vee is one of their nicest stores. Hy-Vee is doing what it takes to maintain their standing as Omaha's grocery leader. It will be nice when they expand into Sarpy County next spring at the Shadow Lake development.

Now if they could just upgrade their 90th & Center store....a better deli, bakery and health foods department would be greatly appreciated!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

That looks ginormous, what are they putting in there?
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The addition is for their wine and spirits department, and will be done in January.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:The addition is for their wine and spirits department, and will be done in January.
Wow, the Peony Park Store already had a nicer and MUCH larger wine and spirits than the other stores in town.  
nativeomahan wrote: Now if they could just upgrade their 90th & Center store....a better deli, bakery and health foods department would be greatly appreciated!
90th was built about the same time as Peony Park so may be its next???
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

There is absolutely no room for the 90th St. store to expand.  It is land locked on all sides by roads.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like they are going to add a gas station to this location.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

iamjacobm wrote:Looks like they are going to add a gas station to this location.
Well, it's about [bleeping] time!  Every time we go in there they ask if we have a Fuel Saver card.  Why should we if they don't have a gas station?!?    We figured they couldn't put one in because of the closeness to the creek...guess a little annoyance like the environment won't get in the way any longer!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I assumed it would be on the west side.  There is a lot over there that was never developed.  Loook to the west side and you can see curb inlets in the middle of nowhere...
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Brad wrote:I assumed it would be on the west side.  
You're probably right, Brad.  I figured that's adjacent to residential so all the noise and lights of a gas station wouldn't be appreciated there.  But that space looks larger than the space between Hy-Vee and the bank.  We'll know soon enough!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They are building the Gas Station on the west side and adding additional parking on the area by First National bank.

http://www.cityofomaha.org/cityclerk/im ... g/1345.pdf
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

garyomaha wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Looks like they are going to add a gas station to this location.
Well, it's about [bleeping] time!  Every time we go in there they ask if we have a Fuel Saver card.  Why should we if they don't have a gas station?!?    We figured they couldn't put one in because of the closeness to the creek...guess a little annoyance like the environment won't get in the way any longer!!
certain shell stations and casey's take fuel saver cards. The west broadway hyvee is just now getting a gas station, but i have been able to use the shell station on 35th & 9th ave, as well as the casey's on south 24th in council bluffs.  and generally speaking, gas stations arent dictated by proximity to flowing water. council bluffs has a fairly high water table and they still build them; It is just more expensive to install systems with extra safe guards for the environment (and a ruptured tank leaking into the ground water supply is as bad or worse than a spill into a creek because of the amount of digging that would need to be done in and around existing structures to reclaim the contaminated soil)
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Re: Peony Park HyVee Expanding

Post by Brad »

Photo Update

Globochem
Home Owners Association

Post by Globochem »

I have to say it: every time I see what became of Peony Park I got sick to my stomach. What an absolutely dreadful development. It could have been a great partner to the surrounding neighborhood and even connected to the Keystone Trail. Alas, those were other times. Instead, the unwalkable wasteland of parking lots and swampy "buffer" green zones make this development the poster child for an utter civic failure to take advantage of significant urban infill. But I guess there will now be a gas station now to buy Lottery stubs at. Should fit well with the one remaining structure from the old Peony Park, its ugliest, the Keno hall. Ugh.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Globochem wrote: But I guess there will now be a gas station now to buy Lottery stubs at.  
You can already do that inside of Hy-Vee?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anyone heard anything about a remodel for this location yet?

They have done some work here and there, mostly up front, but get back by the meat department and the place is falling apart!